PDA

View Full Version : Family All- Inclusive????

maggiew
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
We just got back from a 4th of July trip to Disney. The kids (and DH) have decided they want to do something besides Disney next summer :crazy: :sad2:

So, I am looking into doing an All-Inclusive in the Caribbean or a trip to Hawaii.

Any suggestions on all-inclusives for a family with a 15 y.o. and a 12 y.o. (at time of trip)? I was looking at the following:

Beaches Negril (waterpark looks fun for my girls)
Beaches T&C (are my kids too old for this area?)
Barcelo Maya

Any other suggestions? What about the Club Med places?

Thanks,
Maggie

barbmouse
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Would love to read responses to this too!!

Mouse House Mama
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
We have gone to Sandals St. Lucia which is the same company as Beaches except it's for couples. It was very expensive but very nice. I would imagine the fmaily resorts that they own are comparable. Have you considered going to Mexico? We've done all inclusive in Mexico and it was amazing! The food was so good! It was also very inexpensive. There are some really nice hotels there. I would also reccommend Atlantis in the Bahamas. It is not all inclusive but it is very family friendly. They have really cool water slides and play areas for the kids. We loved it there and can't wait to take the kids. princess:

maggiew
07-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes. We are willing to do an all-inclusive in Mexico. Especially if it is less expensive!!! I think Barcelo Maya is in Mexico.

We have never done a vacation like this before, so I am up for any suggestions.

The past few years we have done a 5 day cruise (on Royal Caribbean) and 4 or 5 days at Disney. So in total around $5500?? Anything in that price range would be acceptable.

Do you think we could do Hawaii for that much?

Thanks for any ideas from my Disney-tired family. :sad2:

Maggie

jenr812
07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Tagging along for the fun - I'm interested in responses for the future :)

JENJON
07-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Maggie,

Let me strart by telling you I am a travel agent so I have sent
many families to both the Beaches properties. I have been to
Beaches Negril, Beaches is the top of the line for Family all inclusives
and IMHO they are not worth the money.

Try an all inclusive in the Riviera Maya, the Iberostar's are wonderful
and so is the Barcelo Maya and the Barcelo Tropical.

Feel free to Pm me if you have any other questions.

Lori

AABC
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Maggie,

Our family returned from Mexico last night. All I can say is it was paradise. We stayed at an Iberostar resort. Our children (13 and 9) had a wonderful time. The all-inclusive is the way to go. We asked our kids if they wanted to go again next year and they said yes without a moment's pause. It was fabulous not having to worry about extra money for food and where we would eat.

We were at the resort for 5 days and wished we had more time. Next year we are adding a few more days.

Our total trip cost flying from Raliegh, NC, was $3,600.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

spoon2003
07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I just booked Iberostar for end of August. My family has always done Disney vacations as well. Friends highly recommend Iberostar and I've read good reviews on Tripadvisors. Do a google search on Iberostar and you should find lots of info.

Sue from Boston

JENJON
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Sue from Boston,

I live in Worcester, what Iberostar did you book in August?

Lori

crisrn2003
07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Love this thread--just what I've been interested in. My parents, my DH, DS 13, and DD 7 are wanting to go on vacation next summer together. My dad is a hunting/fishing sort of guy, definately not a WDW/Theme park enjoyer. He has been to Hawaii a few times and loved it. From KY and AL, we think the air flight over takes too long to go to Hawaii. So any info along the all-inclusive and/or beach vaca idea would be great. If golf is involved for DD and DH, that would be a plus, but not a necessity. And, of course, keeping the cost down would be important too.

jenr812
07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Our total trip cost flying from Raliegh, NC, was $3,600.

Wow!! That sounds like a phenomenal price with airfare for 4! What airline did you fly on? That was with food, lodging, airfare, everything??? :cool1:

disneysteve
07-12-2006, 07:02 AM
I have heard from more than one family that Beaches is wonderful but really geared toward younger children, like the under 10 set. Those with older kids - teens and pre-teens - weren't so impressed.

I think by far the best bang for your buck in an all-inclusive is a cruise. That would be my recommendation.

spoon2003
07-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Hi,
We're booked at Iberostar Beach, I'm so excited!!!

Sue

PiRSquared
07-12-2006, 07:47 AM
just want to suscribe. Next year DD 16 and DS 14. Done Disney 4 times the last year so we want something new. Arguing over what. This may be an option.

Zoemakes5
07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I think by far the best bang for your buck in an all-inclusive is a cruise. That would be my recommendation.

I agree. We went on a cruise when my brother was 13, and it was great. I'd recommend finding one that has things your interested in seeing and see if you can get feedback from a good travel agent about teen programs. I found this board that might help. There's an entire forum devoted to families

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

disneysteve
07-12-2006, 08:56 AM
I found this board that might help. There's an entire forum devoted to families

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/
I second that advice. Cruise Critic is the cruise equivalent of the DIS boards. Very active boards, lots of experienced cruisers who are very friendly and happy to answer your every question. You can also read user reviews of virtually every ship that sails anywhere in the world. Plus there is info on every major cruise port.

maggiew
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Anyone have thoughts on the Club Med places??

Thanks for all the input so far!

Maggie

scorpad99
07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
We have a family trip planned for punta cana in Oct. and we are very excited about it! Its in an AI called Grand paradise Bravaro........on the beach, everything included, 3400 total trip for 2 adults, 2 children...............can`t beat that!

Tinkerbelll
07-13-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm DYING to do Beaches T&C - It is supposed to be the most beautiful beach in the world....... other than that, I visited the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico about 4 years ago and it was beautiful. Don't know what it's like now, but am a little curious! Although, I have heard nothing but amazing things about Beaches T&C so if you have the chance, go there! Or at least check it out. Let us know what you decide and have a magical vacation! :wizard:

Texa
07-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Which Iberostar resorts have you visited. I'm interested in the ones in Mexico but it's hard to decide on one. We have two children who will be 5 and 10.