PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever ordered their WDW tickets

hrh_disney_queen
07-11-2006, 03:13 PM
from the (above right) link on Disboards.com? They are about 60 cheaper on my order than directly from Disney, just wanted to know if they were OK?? thanks.

wmjivey
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I ordered mine last week from Ticketmania and saved about $55. I did use the Mousesavers link and that saved an additional sum from just going to the site on my own.

disneygirls3
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
How does getting your tickets from AAA compare to getting them online through disney? This will be our first trip with my whole extended family, 16 of us! Thanks :goodvibes

hrh_disney_queen
07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
How does getting your tickets from AAA compare to getting them online through disney? This will be our first trip with my whole extended family, 16 of us! Thanks :goodvibes

I didn't check with AAA. The last time I bought tickets (about 2 years ago) I wanted the highest number of visits, which was 7. AAA only went up to 5, so I guess I just assumed that even though I want 10 day tickets, AAA won't have them...

Your family trip sounds like a ball, hope you have a great time.

I will check mousesavers on their prices. I am thinking that since the one I originally spoke of is a direct link from the Disboards, that they are a reputable company...I don't want to hand over $1600 to just anybody... :guilty:

Thanks for the tips, y'all.

katied
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I ordered my from Ticketmania, using the link from the Mousesavers newsletter. It saved me $60 over ordering from Disney direct. I ordered on July 4th, and received the tickets in the mail yesterday (July 10th). Very happy with their service. They even sent me a photocopy of the back of my tickets with instructions to store that separate.

sassy2
07-12-2006, 03:26 AM
I ordered mine from undercovertourist.com and when we got to WDW had them placed right on our disney key so one card for all the magic. Used the mousesaver link. :thumbsup2

manda40475
07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I ordered my from Ticketmania, using the link from the Mousesavers newsletter. It saved me $60 over ordering from Disney direct. I ordered on July 4th, and received the tickets in the mail yesterday (July 10th). Very happy with their service. They even sent me a photocopy of the back of my tickets with instructions to store that separate.

Do these tickets have an expiration date? We are going in December and I'm not even sure how many days we'll actually be in the park. I don't want to spend an obscene amount to buy the ones that don't expire, but would like to buy them in advance.

wmjivey
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't believe there is any difference between AAA's price and Disney's price on tickets. At least when I priced it, they were the same and that is why we went through Ticketmania.

manda40475
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
My dh checked the AAA website earlier today. The savings were nowhere near what I thought they would be, although I'm not sure if they differ by state or anything. This is what he sent to me. The prices in bold are for AAA.

Gate Prices Adult Child Adult Child Savings

General Admission, 3 Day 3-9 192.77 158.69 188.00 154.00 4.77 4.69
General Admission, 4 Day 3-9 207.68 170.40 202.00 165.00 5.68 5.40
General Admission, 5 Day 3-9 211.94 172.53 206.00 167.00 5.94 5.53

If this doesn't make much sense, I apologize. You can go to the AAA website. On the homepage, click on "Attraction Tickets". It asks you to enter your zip code and then gives you a break down of regular prices, AAA prices, and the savings.

hrh_disney_queen
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Do these tickets have an expiration date? We are going in December and I'm not even sure how many days we'll actually be in the park. I don't want to spend an obscene amount to buy the ones that don't expire, but would like to buy them in advance.

My tickets are for 10 days w/park hopping, non-expiring, water park add-ons (6 visits). Each of these add-ons is a separate increase in price. I always buy the big tickets with no expiration, because we live close enough to visit often.

If you buy the expiring kind, I think you have 14 (don't quote me) days to use them up from the day you activate them, which would be the first time you used them at the park. You don't activate them until then, so the clock doesn't start ticking until then.

They can be replaced if lost, that is why the above poster was advised to keep the copy of the backs separate from the tickets. I take several copies with me, keep one in a pocket, one back at the room, etc. I have lost :blush: tickets two times, and have had them replaced immediately without hassle..(I guess here is where I should insert how important it is to pay attention to the Fast Pass machine and collect not only your FP, but your park tickets, too. :bitelip: ) If you lose your ticket, go to Guest Relations.

sassy2
07-12-2006, 03:33 PM
You can go onto the mousesavers .com site and join by just giving them your e-mail address then on the 15th of each month they will send you a newsletter with a direct discounted link to undercovertourist.com and ticketmania.com. Each site has discounted ticket prices, then you can decide which is best for you and your family. Hopes this info helps.:)

kitty44
07-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I used Ticketmania.com the last 3 times we traveled for Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld tickets. They came quickly, in about a week I think. I have never had a problem with them.

Samantha/NC
07-13-2006, 01:09 PM
We used mapleleaf tickets, and were very satisfied-they were way cheaper than Disney and AAA. :thumbsup2

dementia412
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
First I wanted to know about 2007 tickets. On the sites like Ticketmania they don't seem to have anything showing that 2007 tickets are higher priced. So can you get next years tickets now and pay 2006 prices? Or am I missing something? On the Disney site they have 2006 and 2007 prices, but again can you buy them now at the lower cost but use them next year. I'm discombobulated!
Also wanted to know how much of an extra discount you get thru Mousesavers.

:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

disneymomto5
07-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I bought mine through undercovertourist using the link from mousesavers, and received them in about 5 days. This was my second time ordering from them and they were great. No shipping charges!

hrh_disney_queen
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
First I wanted to know about 2007 tickets. On the sites like Ticketmania they don't seem to have anything showing that 2007 tickets are higher priced. So can you get next years tickets now and pay 2006 prices? Or am I missing something? On the Disney site they have 2006 and 2007 prices, but again can you buy them now at the lower cost but use them next year. I'm discombobulated!
Also wanted to know how much of an extra discount you get thru Mousesavers.

:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Yes, you can buy now at 2006 prices, and not activate them until 2007. People "hedge" their ticket prices like this all the time...

I just now used my mousesavers newsletter discount link to check prices again. both brokers were the same price, which was about $28 less than the link above from Disboards. The Disboards link was lower than the Disney site. the two brokers have a slight difference..one (undercovertourist) had free S&H. The other, (ticketmania) had a $6 S&H fee, but they had a great collectible pin for free for any order with a 5 day or greater ticket...I went with the pin, it was worth $6...

thanks for all the help and suggestions..if you guys decide to go through mousesavers, remember you MUST go through the links provided in the newsletter. You can sign up for free, it comes out on the 15th of the month.. :wave:

This link saved me about $52 from ticketmania without the link discount vs. ticketmania with the link discount...

sorry if I am confusing anyone...

disneygirls3
07-15-2006, 12:22 PM
What is the link to the Mousesavers newsletter so that I can join? I found on the mousesavers website without being a member to the newsletter it being the most expensive way to go. The only site I didn't check was the one with the disboards. The cheapest I found was actually on the disney website. Next cheapest was ticketmania. Haven't checked AAA yet either, I need 10 day passes, with park hopper and water park option, but they can expire because we live in Washington state and won't go back for many, many moons. And don't want to spend the extra money now, my family and I will be there for 11 days in October. Any help would be great, thanks :)

dementia412
07-16-2006, 12:38 AM
hrh_disney_queen, thanks, I was a bit confussed about that. I think it's a bit odd that they even put the 2007 prices up untill closer to the end of the year, but it is usefull.

disneygirls3, they look cheaper, but that is because on the Disney site the tax in not included, but on the other sites they are included in the price you see. I think tax is 6.5%, add that into the Disney rates and you can see the others are better. I only know because that got me too at first too.

disneygirls3
07-16-2006, 09:59 AM
I even added the tax for the tickets and it is still cheaper. Maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not. The tickets I need are one adult ticket for 5 days park hopper and water park option, one adult ticket for 10 days park hopper and water park option, and I have three daughters one is 9 and one is 3 and the other is 2 ( Iwon't need one for her) but the other two girls I will need 10 day passes with park hoppers and water park options. I don't need the option to make these not expire. So if anyone sees what I need cheaper let me know. On Disney website I found them with tax for $1,054.00 and on ticketmania they were $1,076.52
Thanks in advance :)

dementia412
07-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I looked it up, and it said for those tickets it would be 1054 without the tax added in. After 6.5% was added it came to 1122.51. I went through Mousesavers email link and got 1065 for the total with tax. I double checked by clicking on the buy and sure enough the taxes were 6.5% and added over 50$ just to the 10 day tickets alone.

dementia412
07-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh, btw mousesavers can be found here. After you dign up, they send a newsletter on the 15th of each month.
http://www.mousesavers.com

disneygirls3
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much for looking all that info. up! I went to the mousesavers website to sign up but could not find the spot on there to do it. I'll have to go look again later when I have more time.
So if I go off of the info. you found out the cheapest price for me is still the Disneyworld website cause that was $1,054.00 after tax.
I'll have to figure this out, thanks for all your help. :thumbsup2

dementia412
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
No no, I'm not the best at writing, so I must have wrapped that all wrong. Disney is $1054 before taxes, after it's $1122.51. Ticketmania adds taxes on from the start, so the $1065 you get there is the final price. s&h is 3 at Disney and $6 at ticketmania, but you'll still save a bundle at Ticket over Disney. Please say I said that in a somewhat coherent form. :goodvibes

disneygirls3
07-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I guess you and I are seeing totally different things on the two websites because I have ticketmania being $1,076.52 after taxes. And Disney being $1,054.00 after taxes. I don't know what I'm doing that is different from you. :confused3

disneygirls3
07-16-2006, 09:59 PM
dementia412 I finally see what you are seeing on the Disney website! :banana: I didn't add the taxes, but I thought I really had silly me. I doubled checked the prices on the ticketmania site too and I got with the taxes already added $1,093.00 Yours was lower so I liked that one a lot better just don't know what I'm doing different than you. I'll go check it a third time maybe the third time will really be the charm! :)
I really appreciate all the help you have been giving me :teeth:

mmwelch
07-17-2006, 07:03 AM
last time I checked the cheapest on line tickets were on dwtickets. take a look there, you can have them mailed or pick up

dementia412
07-17-2006, 10:50 AM
disneygirls3, I was going through the link in Mousesavers email which has a discount, so that's why we have different ammounts there. :thumbsup2

mmwelch, do you happen to have the address for dwtickets? :goodvibes

hrh_disney_queen
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
You guys got me curious about my ticket broker choice. (I always do this, after I buy something, I still keep looking around to make sure I got the best deal.. :crazy: ) I went back to the Disney site, which by the way is sooooo slow, I would rather pay $100 more somewhere else than to have to go back on that site...anywho, at the Disney site, my 10 day parkhopper, nonexpiring, waterpark extras came to $1706.16 for 2 adults and 2 children-including tax..they don't show the tax until you start through checkout....and come to think of it, I can't recall if that included shipping..

At ticketmania, using the mousesaver newsletter link-you HAVE to use this link or you won't get the discount-I was charged $1582 total on my credit card..$1576 for the tickets, $6 for shipping, I get a free collectors pin..
Undercover tourist was the same except free shipping...no pin...

Why is the Disney site so SLOW???

dementia412
07-17-2006, 11:48 PM
:rotfl2: I thought it was just this snail like computer of mine :confused3

mmwelch
07-18-2006, 06:54 AM
dwtickets dot coom

katied
07-18-2006, 09:12 AM
I just checked dwtickets.com. Their prices do not include the 6.5% sales tax, and $9 shipping unless you want to pick them up. Once those two items are added, the link through the mousesavers newsletter to ticketmania (even paying $6 shipping) is still the best deal (at least when I priced for my tickets).