PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need ebay help

jeepgirl30
07-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I did something bad, I bid on a dress and now am praying someone out bids me. I've been looking for a dress for a wedding coming up and have lost out several times. I found the same dress from the same seller and just bid. Now I went back and see its not the same as this one is new with tags but has a MAJOR snag in the fabric.

Is there any way to take my bid off prior to the end of the auction? If I win I will pay, I'm not going to retract. The seller did nothing wrong, it was my fault.

dodukes
07-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I think you can retract your bid, i think they let you do this a couple of times befor eit becomes a problem. Go to ebay help and look into it or ask if seller will cancel your bid. Again ebay help and do a search and it should explain different options.

wendyl
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
You are only allowed to retract a bid for 3 reasons 1) if you entered the wrong amount accidentally (and even then, you MUST re-enter a correct bid, if you don't--you are in violation of the policy 2) if the seller added information that changed the original terms or description 3)if you have tried to contact the seller and the contact information is invalid (the email gets returned, or the phone number is not valid.

If you retracted a bid for any other reason, you would be in violation of the bidding policies.

If I read your situation correctly, you said this was the same seller as the other dress you were bidding on. If that's the case, she may have even more of those same dresses that haven't yet been listed. Tell her you bid without seeing it had a flaw and ask her if she has anymore that don't have the flaws--and if she does, perhaps offer to pay the difference for the perfect dress over the flawed one (if you do end up the winner).

disneysnowflake
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
You can go here..

Ebay Bid Retracting Rules (http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html)

It will tell you how and if you can retract a bid.

dodukes
07-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Glad you guys corrected me. I knew it was an option i just didnt knwo the dettails since i have never done it or had it happen to me as seller.

jeepgirl30
07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I can not retract and do not want to anyway. I will wait until the end and if I win I'll contact the seller and see what she will do. She has tons of items so I'm hopeful if I'm completely honest and fair we can come to some agreement that works for both of us.