PDA

View Full Version : Where should we eat at Disney Hilton Head?

EpcotMatt
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
I’ve posted this message on a few other boards as well, but wanted to get as wide a variety of opinions as possible. My DW & I will be driving down to Disney & will be stopping at Hilton Head for the night & will be staying at the Disney Resort there. We should be getting there about 3:00 or 4:00pm and we’ll be leaving the next morning at 7:00 or 8:00am, so we won’t be there long. But we’ll definitely be eating dinner there.

As a way of saving a few bucks, I was thinking of checking out restaurant.com’s list of Hilton Head restaurants. Here’s a list of the participating places:

B-5 Bistro
British Open Pub
Callahan’s Sports Bar & Grill
Corner Stone Grill
Del Vecchio’s
Flavor’s Giuseppe’s
Island West Grille
Main Street Café & Pub
Mickey’s Pub
Nick’s Steak & Seafood
Parrot Cove Café
Plantation Café & Deli
Prescott’s Steaks & Seafood
The Studio
Upper Crust

Does anyone have any reviews, positive or negative, of any of these places? I can get a $25 gift certificate for only $5 to any of these places. Or do I just stick with my choices in the Disney resort? If that’s the route I should take, what are your suggestions for the places inside the Disney resort? And why?

cgcw
07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I can't help you with any of the restaurants listed as I've never been to any of them.

But, I can tell you there is no restaurant on property at the Disney Resort. There is counter service by both the main pool and the beach house pool -- but I believe both close in the afternoon. There are several restaurants across the bridge from the resort in Shelter Cove. It's a quick walk there from the resort. I don't remember all the names off hand but there is an Italian Restaurant, a Mexican Restaurant and a fish place located over there, as well as a deli.

LisaG
07-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Rachel Ray on the food network did a $40-a-day episode in Hilton Head. Go to the Food Network website to see where she ate.

Food is very pricey in Hilton Head. We took advantage of the "early-bird" specials to save money.

Kim&Chris
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Giuseppe's is very popular there. It always looked crowded, so I'm sure it's good.

We ate at a place called Crane's Tavern. Crane's originated in Ambler, Pennsylvania (my aunt used to work there), but closed when the owners moved to Hilton Head. Luckily for us vacationers, they re-opened the restaurant just a mile or two from Disney's resort.

BTW, there is no restaurant at this resort. Disney really missed the boat, because they lose every single guest to outside restaurants. However, the resort has a 'beach house' (obviously at the beach :) ) that has a very small eatery. Mostly burgers and such.

You should really post this question on the DVC boards...you'll get a ton of suggestions!

EpcotMatt
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
You should really post this question on the DVC boards...you'll get a ton of suggestions!

Thanks for the input. BTW, I did post it on that board, in addition to a few others. The more the merrier!

bradleysnana
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
If it is ok, I am going to tag along on this thread. Which do you prefer:
Disney's Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach perhaps at Kingston Resort and why?
Thanks

DVC725
07-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I saw the tip for Crane's Tavern. A little pricey, but good food. Guiseppe's is located within walking distance of DHHI. They have great food and will deliver to the resort. Huge menu also. We have eaten at many places on the island. Avoid Old Oyster Factory. Overrated. Will wait a long time, even with resv. The last visit in the spring, we went to a very small italian place, located in the middle of no-where. Can't remember the name. Located off Pope Road. Will try to find the name of it and post again. Delicious food, family owned and operated. Hope this helps!