PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, a possible ebay problem...

cocowum
07-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I ordered (and paid for) a costume on eBay on 7/2. (buy it now) It was described as brand new factory sealed in package. Seller said usually ships within 24 hrs (except on weekends and holidays) 2-3 day priority mail. I paid 7.95 shipping. On 7/7 I hadn't heard anything so I contacted seller. She said it was mailed on 7/6. No big deal, I was just curious. Item arrives today (UPS GROUND) and it is in horrible condition. The boot covers are stained right down the center, there are several holes in the seams and I could go on... So I emailed the seller and explained that I would like a full refund. I, of course, will return the package to her. I have not heard back from her, yet. Being new to eBay I was a ittle unsure of what to do next. So I thought, I'd come here. Can anyone give me some advice.

BTW Her feedback is 99.2%
Thanks for any and all opinions. :goodvibes

DisneyGirl4188
07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
You can file a claim with PayPal. When you open the dispute you can choose to communicate with the seller through payPals system or you can go right to filing a claim. You will probably be asked to send the item back and once you given the the tracking info a refund will be processed (provided the seller has money in their account).

justplaingoofy
07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
That just happened to us!!! with a radio and we paid $20 shipping. we sent an email telling them it was not "new as advertised" or "new in Box" and did not have a specific output that stated it had.

Told them if we did not hear back from them within 24hrs we would give them negative feed back, turn it over to ebay fraud dept, and put in a claim with paypal.

Luckily, the seller was very apologetic and offered to reimburse us for original shipping cost plus will reimburse us for shipping it back to him. He was pretty good about it.

Good luck!

MyZoeJane
07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I would give the seller a few days to decide how she wants to make things right... and if she doesn't get back to you or is unwilling to give you a full refund (including the cost of return shipping) then file a SNAD (item significantly not as described)... Usually that will bring a seller around to doing what's right...

Totally sucks to have to deal with sellers like this. Whatever you do, don't leave negative feedback if she hasn't already left feedback for you! (I hate sellers who don't leave feedback right after a buyer pays!)

cocowum
07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks. I paid immediately but she didn't leave any feedback yet.
I have 100% feedback, but it's only a 4 :teeth: like I said I'm new to ebay.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. :thumbsup2

tmt martins
07-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Also if you do send it back make sure you do a SIG required that way they can't say you didn't send it back .

Save all e-mails even the ones you send as it makes your claim better.

cocowum
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, I emailed her and requested a full refund. She responded 2 days later and said she would refund my purchase price. I emailed and said I wanted purchase price, plus shipping, both ways refunded. She has not responded, it has been 3 days since my last email to her. I'm not sure what to do next??? :confused3 Opinions, anyone???

DMRick
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
It would be nice if you got everything back, but even if you do a paypal chargeback, as it's not as described, you aren't going to get the costs back that you pay to return it.

cocowum
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
So I shouldn't request my return shipping? I really haven't got a clue, when it comes to Ebay.