PDA

View Full Version : Flying into St. Petersburg

akfan
07-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Flying to St. Petersburg and driving to Orlando will save me about $300 for a family of 4. Have you ever done that? Is it worth it? I'm thinking that if I go for it, I'll be mad at myself when I have to make that drive!

cabmom
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Have you checked for car rentals from St. Petes? It's ususally the difference in airfare for the amount of a car rental! It's an ok drive. But I would check for the rental rates compared to flying in to Orlando then renting from there.

Marilynn

akfan
07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Have you checked for car rentals from St. Petes? It's ususally the difference in airfare for the amount of a car rental! It's an ok drive. But I would check for the rental rates compared to flying in to Orlando then renting from there.

Marilynn

Thanks, I will look into that. We always rent a car anyway, but it may cost more to rent it in St. Petes.

akfan
07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Duplicate post.

madonna31
07-10-2006, 03:55 PM
On a side note; St. Pete's is not a very friendly airport to fly into...

TiggerCat
07-10-2006, 06:08 PM
We actually preferred to fly into St Petes and found the airport to be very easy to navigate and I liked the fact that they deplanned on the tarmac giving it a different feel. Skyservice was always cheaper to go there than Orlando (of course, Southwest has them beat by a long shot). The car rental was cheaper since the return fees weren't as high as either Tampa or Orlando. The drive is only about an hour and a half and it was very easy. We stopped in Lakeland for lunch and a stop at the Walmart Super Store. The only bad thing at St Petes is the lack of shops but you can stop to get something before you get to the airport.

Good luck!

TC.