PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Stonebridge Life?

mjbaby
07-10-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm doing other research, of course, but it wouldn't be complete without asking DISers!

My husband and I are in the process of increasing our life insurance. On paper, one of the most attractive options is from a company called Stonebridge Life. I've never hear of them...any thoughts?

Chicago526
07-10-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm doing other research, of course, but it wouldn't be complete without asking DISers!

My husband and I are in the process of increasing our life insurance. On paper, one of the most attractive options is from a company called Stonebridge Life. I've never hear of them...any thoughts?

I have a policy with them through my JcPenney credit card. I got the policy when I got out of high school so my parents wouldn't have any expenses should something happen to me. Now I just keep it because it's so cheap ($8 a month for $50,000 in coverage), it suplements my new larger policy I got last spring. I've never had to put in a claim (obviously! :) ) but the few times I've had to call them (name change, address change, etc.) they've been very helpful.

simpilotswife
07-10-2006, 09:34 AM
My mom had a policy through them. I submitted a claim when she died and it was very painless. I had the money pretty quickly.

mjbaby
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Thank you so much for your insights, PPs! It's these kinds of "on the ground" stories that can mean even more than ratings and so forth. I really love the idea of "no hassle" and am willing to pay even a bit more for the privilege!

samandryanmom
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
My Mom Also Had A Policy Through Her Jcpenney Credit Card. She's Now Disabled But I Took Over Paying For The Policy For Her. The Premium's Are Really Low And When I Had To Take Over The Payments, They Were Very Helpful. Their Website Is Also Pretty Easy To Navigate. Good Luck With Your Shopping. :) Kerri