PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Bunk Beds

rapunzal
07-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Looking at the bunk bed from Pottery Barn for my son. Want something with a trundle or storage? If you have it do you like it...good quality? Is there a code for discount? Thanks

disneyfor3
07-10-2006, 06:24 AM
I looked at both Pottery Barn Kids and Bombay Kids and ended up going with Bombay Kids when they had a good sale. They both seem pretty similar in quality. I'm very happy with the bedroom set I got from Bombay Kids. I joined their email and ended up buying the set in store to avoid shipping. I also bought the dresser on display. Got about a 40 percent discount I believe. If you have a Pottery Barn outlet near you sometimes they have very good prices on the furniture.

mjbaby
07-10-2006, 07:32 AM
A friend of mine who worked for Pottery Barn's parent company once advised me to steer clear of their furniture - nice looking, but not well-made was her opinion. This was about 5 years ago, though, so things may have changed/improved. My recommendation would be to see if you can take a look at it in the store before ordering from the catalog just to be sure.

HeatherFeather
07-10-2006, 07:43 AM
You might also want to look at www.cargokids.com. This is Pier 1's kids line of furniture. We looked at it in a brick & mortar store and it seemed quite sturdy...moreso than what is sold in the regular Pier 1 stores. I also used to reguarly get cards for $20 off every $100 spent there. You might call and ask to be added to their mailing list. HTH! :sunny: