PDA

View Full Version : In place of Brita Fill and Go

lilsunshine1219
07-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I have heard alot about the Brita Fill and Go bottles and I think this will be a great idea for my trip to disney in Aug. The problem is that I cannot find them ANYWHERE. I found these Pure Water 2 Go online and I am wondering if anyone has tried them???

I am new to DIS boards, so I cannot post the Url yet, but if you google Pure Water 2 Go it come up first

If anyone has any feedback please let me know.

Thanks, :confused3

cnids00
07-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Brita Fill'n Go was clearanced out at Wal-Mart and then I found them a couple of weeks ago at our CVS store, I was there waiting to pick up a prescription. I don't know about the other bottles you are asking about but wanted to mention the CVS store for the Brita Fill'n Go.

Maybe another poster knows about the bottles you are asking about. :)

we6clarks
07-09-2006, 09:30 PM
You usually can find the brita water bottles and filters on sale at Ebay.

bexplosive
08-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes, I have tried the ************ bottles. I got mine a few weeks ago, and they are great!!

www.************.com

you can just take them with you anywhere and refill anywhere. a must for any traveling

bevtoy
08-02-2006, 02:36 AM
I bought the ************ ones and we like them.

bexplosive
08-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I bought the ************ ones and we like them.

which ones did you get? have you tried the BIO bottle? my brother goes camping and fishing a lot, and I just bought a couple for him for his birthday coming up.

I think it would be perfect for that because then you dont have to carry around water, you just fill it up in a lake or stream!

bexplosive
08-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I've heard the Brita and Pure Water filters and bottles are one and the same. Brita was selling them illegally and infringing on Pure Waters patent rights, so they got sued and lost and now there is only Pure Water to legally sell them. Culligan has a bottle and filter similar (actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen to Culligan as it did to Brita) but they are a couple of dollars more for the same thing...
I have used the Pure Water filters for quite a while and can tell you from personal experience, they are great... Go to the website '************' and pick out what you need.

that makes sense, that's prolly why nobody can find them anywhere. it was easy enough to buy them from the www.************.com website, I thought.

jsquirt555
08-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I just got my ************ bottles and I love them! I ordered the family pack of the 27oz sport bottles and a few extra filters. They are very handy, I definitely recommend them for everybody. You can just throw them in a bag or carry them anywhere. Just refill wherever you are.

Our water where I live has a funny smell to it. I tried it with that, and it smells and tastes like fresh, pure water!!

My husband didnt want to get them because he thought they wouldnt work. Boy was he WRONG!!

Janice

bexplosive
08-06-2006, 02:29 PM
I just got my ************ bottles and I love them! I ordered the family pack of the 27oz sport bottles and a few extra filters. They are very handy, I definitely recommend them for everybody. You can just throw them in a bag or carry them anywhere. Just refill wherever you are.

Our water where I live has a funny smell to it. I tried it with that, and it smells and tastes like fresh, pure water!!

My husband didnt want to get them because he thought they wouldnt work. Boy was he WRONG!!

Janice

haha, did you rub it in??

jsquirt555
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Why yes I did!! HE now has to pay for dinner the first night, at any place I pick. :banana:

bevtoy
08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
which ones did you get? have you tried the BIO bottle? my brother goes camping and fishing a lot, and I just bought a couple for him for his birthday coming up.

I think it would be perfect for that because then you dont have to carry around water, you just fill it up in a lake or stream!
I never tried the bio bottles, I wonder how they are?

comicguy
08-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I just ordered the Pure Water 2 go bottles on Sunday from their website. I just hope they ship and arrive before I leave for WDW next Thursday. :thumbsup2

Zoemakes5
08-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Been thinking about doing this and had a couple of questions....
What about keeping water cold? Is that an issue at all?
Typically, I'll half fill a bottle of water and fill it up. Would that be possible with this?
Thanks

Mel2111
08-08-2006, 10:20 AM
I just ordered the Pure Water 2 go bottles on Sunday from their website. I just hope they ship and arrive before I leave for WDW next Thursday. :thumbsup2

I got mine pretty quick, you should have them in plenty of time!

Mel2111
08-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Been thinking about doing this and had a couple of questions....
What about keeping water cold? Is that an issue at all?
Typically, I'll half fill a bottle of water and fill it up. Would that be possible with this?
Thanks

I havent had much of a problem finding cold water. There is usually a water fountain with cold water.

However, if you like it really cold, you can put a little water in the bottle and freeze it over night. I have done that a couple times, and it works well. However, MAKE SURE that you dont put the filter in the freezer, they warn against that. Just take the cap and filter out when you stick it in the freezer.

bexplosive
08-12-2006, 09:10 AM
yes, the smaller bottles are much shorter and fit easily in water fountains and sinks. sometimes the large ones are too tall to fit. the 16oz sport bottle is the best size, plus it comes in a family pack, so you get a free bottle!

idofabric
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM
If you want really cold water remember that you can ask for a FREE cup of ice at any place in WDW and get it. The filter bottles have an opening that is big enought to allow ice in with out spilling to much. I have done this for several years with my Brita fill and go bottles. Worked like a charm!

bexplosive
08-12-2006, 10:50 AM
ya, thats a really good idea!

jsquirt555
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Spam removed by admin

sarahrose
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I have heard alot about the Brita Fill and Go bottles and I think this will be a great idea for my trip to disney in Aug. The problem is that I cannot find them ANYWHERE. I found these Pure Water 2 Go online and I am wondering if anyone has tried them???

I am new to DIS boards, so I cannot post the Url yet, but if you google Pure Water 2 Go it come up first

If anyone has any feedback please let me know.

Thanks, :confused3

Where did you get them at? Did you try them? Are they still for sale? :confused3

kidsshow
09-10-2006, 10:52 AM
thanks for all the help!

JLSM97
09-10-2006, 11:07 AM
A couple weeks ago I bought some Pure Water 2 Go bottles. I'm really happy with them. I hate our tap water, but in these bottles it tastes great. At home we use Brita pitchers and faucet filters, and I think the bottle filters are as good or better. I'm pleased so far!

Elfstar
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Our CVS stores still have the Britta bottles and filters. I haven't checked but they may also have them online.

raammartin
09-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Does Pure Water 2 Go sell family "sets"? For some reason I thought I'd seen that when I looked once before.

TIA!

PamH
09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Does the Level 1 filter fit a standard bottle or do you need the special Pure 2 go bottle?

Thanks!
Pam

JLSM97
09-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Does Pure Water 2 Go sell family "sets"? For some reason I thought I'd seen that when I looked once before.

I ordered bottles a few weeks ago, when they were Buy-3-Get-1-Free. I just checked the site and it appears they're not running that special anymore. Hm. I'd keep checking, I guess.

If anyone knows of any other products like this, I'd love to hear about them. I don't want to invest in the Brita filter bottles if they're no longer being made and are going to be difficult to find, but the PW2G bottles seem to be available only by mail. It sure would be nice to be able to get this kind of thing in a local store.

littleblast8
10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
spam removed