PDA

View Full Version : help.. cheap offsite vacation homes

jennwdw
07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, I'm helping friends plan a trip and I know I've seen something were folks get "homes" offsite very very little $$$. It may be an auction site of some sort. Can anyone help??? I know I've seen something before but can't recall how to find it...thanks

crjack
07-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Skyauction is a popular website that offers condos from many Orlando area timeshare resorts. Check out the Orlando Attractions & Accomodations board - there are plenty of threads and even a tutorial with FAQ's for using Skyauction.

For renting a vacation home, the best deals are often times directly with the owners vs. a management or booking agency. We use www.vrbo.com and have had very good luck. We leave on Saturday for our next pool villa vacation.

Good luck.

southernbella
07-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi, We rented a 4 bedroom townhome through vrbo.com. I don't know if it is o.k. to post the website of the owners, but if you would like, I can PM you. We paid $100 a night & loved it. Sbella

Sue Sullivan
07-10-2006, 09:11 AM
We have rented several from villas2go4. We already stay in Highlands Reserve in Davenport and just love it. Big house to share with extended family, real kitchen and your own pool!!

kfeuer
07-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Just to clarify a little further, with Skyauction you're not getting a pool home, you're getting a time share unit. Amenities vary by location. I recently got a week at a 2-bedroom condo at Orbit One for $230 in October for my parents. We stayed in one of those units in January and it was quite spacious (full kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms and a pull out couch, and 2 full baths including an enormous tub in the master bedroom).

southernbella
07-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I was told it's ok to post places we've stayed.

regalpalmsusa.com

We stayed here in the spring and loved it. The pool is amazing & the owners were so nice. We plan on trying to stay there next time we go.

Sbella

lovesmurfs
07-11-2006, 08:28 AM
We rented through www.vacationrentals.com. We're pleased so far -- all correspondence has been professional. The owner is staying in the house the week before we come in, so at least it has to be habitable for them. It was much less than a hotel would have been, although I am sort of wishing we'd decided to stay onsite -- maybe next time, with dining.

Bisney World Rocks
07-11-2006, 09:24 AM
We tried a vacation home when we went 2 years ago and I SWEAR I will never get a hotel again..lol. We were about 10 minutes from Disney, provate pool (even had a slide), private BBQ, nice spacious rooms - it was SWEET!

We're going again in March and I just found a home through 1st For Orlando - they have the best rates (that I've found ) for that time of year. 1stfororlando - google it!

Just Google the words "Orlando pool homes" and you'll see all kinds of sites come up.

We got a 5 bedroom, 4 bath for 7 days @ just over $700. You can't do that in a hotel. The least we could get by with is 4 bedrooms.....imagine paying for 4 separate hotel rooms!!!