PDA

View Full Version : Free dining being offered again starting tomorrow????

DawnM
07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
I just heard from a friend that they are offering free dining again if you book starting tomorrow. If you book for Aug. 19th-Sept. 30th.

Is this true?

Dawn

magiccouple2004
07-09-2006, 02:38 PM
that would be nice i hope so i just missed out on it

magiccouple2004
07-09-2006, 02:46 PM
i just called disney and they know nothing about it so if anyone has any insights please let me know so i can change my dates :)

DawnM
07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I have emailed my friend back and asked her how she heard of this. If I don't hear from her soon I will give her a call.

Dawn

JayCT
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Dawn - I hope you are right. We are considering going to WDW for a quick trip at the end of August, before the kids go back to school, but we missed the free dinning. Let us know what you hear. Jay

DawnM
07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Ok, I called her but she said she got the info via email from HER friend (who goes to Disney a lot) so I am waiting to hear from HER.

BUT, I would imagine that if it is indeed true it will be on Mousesavers by morning.

Crossing my fingers!,

Dawn

DawnM
07-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Apparently it was on another Disney message board. I DO NOT know how accurate the info is, but I am hopeful!

Dawn

MEG&MINNIE
07-09-2006, 05:58 PM
I hope so...I could use a last minute trip !!! :thumbsup2

bettyann29
07-09-2006, 06:00 PM
If it is true would the free dining work for a 3 day trip? or is it for longer trips only? If so, this would be the bomb..

bettyann29
07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
sorry another question.. If I already have an existing booking for the hotel only, how would I be able to do this? Would I have to rebook and then cancel the other one?

Figment's friends
07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes Betty ann, I think you would need to rebook because you need it to be part of the package.

bettyann29
07-09-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks.. I'll keep an eye out..

hearts8701
07-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Someone Please Explain To Me How To Do This If You Have Annual Passes Someone Said I Only Need To Buy A One Day Park Pass For Each Member Of The Traveling Party True?

Livi'sMom
07-09-2006, 06:49 PM
It is probably true. They did it last year at this time and that's when we booked last year! :)

indigoxtreme
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Someone Please Explain To Me How To Do This If You Have Annual Passes Someone Said I Only Need To Buy A One Day Park Pass For Each Member Of The Traveling Party True?

Yes you just need to buy one day passes for everyone in the room and then you can get the dining added on.

Betty Anne, for your room only res. Call back if it does come back out and tell them you want to add the free dining, of course you will have to purchase passes as well. If there is still free dining vacancy in your hotel they will add this on for you. If you are at the 45 day mark or less you will have to pay for the whole package. IF you are more than 45 days out you can wait for your 45 days time to pay :sunny:

DawnM
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes, IF it is being offered you need to buy a one day pass. I have been told though that you don't have the USE the pass that day. You can hold on to it and use it TOWARD your next AP next year when you renew.

Dawn

bettyann29
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Yes you just need to buy one day passes for everyone in the room and then you can get the dining added on.

Betty Anne, for your room only res. Call back if it does come back out and tell them you want to add the free dining, of course you will have to purchase passes as well. If there is still free dining vacancy in your hotel they will add this on for you. If you are at the 45 day mark or less you will have to pay for the whole package. IF you are more than 45 days out you can wait for your 45 days time to pay :sunny:

Thanks so much for explaining.. I will barely be out of the 45 days so it would make sense just to pay the whole thing.. this would be great if this happens.. DF decided he wants to go with me when I go in September so if the free dining is for then, then we'll get to splurge a little.

OhMari
07-09-2006, 08:01 PM
How did you all miss out on it when you could book it from in April till June 25-and that was an extension. Those dates were August 13 till the end of September.
If anything last year WDW extended the free dining to almost thanksgiving.

BethR
07-09-2006, 08:18 PM
How did you all miss out on it when you could book it from in April till June 25-and that was an extension. Those dates were August 13 till the end of September.
If anything last year WDW extended the free dining to almost thanksgiving.

Hi! :wave2:

Sometimes people put things off when the don't know what their schedule is or if their budget will allow the trip. Personally, I just booked a second room for a few days if my oldest comes to join us. If they open up the Free Dining offer again, I will add "Free Dining" to her reservation as well. ::yes::

Also, I don't think that Free Dining was extended until almost Thanksgiving last year. I believe that it was over on October 3. I could be wrong though...

Mindibellcm
07-09-2006, 08:22 PM
I too am hoping that the Free Dining is openned back up. I missed it by 2 days. I had been planning on going to "Beaches- all inclusive" for my son's Fall Break. I went to book it and from the time I priced it to the time I was going to book it the vacation went up $800. DH wasn't all that excited about and suggested we go to Disney. So on June 27th, I began looking into a Disney vacation. So I missed the free dining by 2 days!

mking624
07-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Also, I don't think that Free Dining was extended until almost Thanksgiving last year. I believe that it was over on October 3. I could be wrong though...
I believe you're right. I know that they extended the amount of time you had to book, but the actual time for free dining (based on some searches I just did) ended on October 4, 2005.

I do agree that sometimes vacation plans change hence people missing out on the opportunity. There have been years when we didn't think we were going to go to Disney until less than 2 months before the trip (maybe about a month and a half). Aside from our honeymoon, I think this is the earliest we've ever booked (traveling in September, booked in April).

luvindisneyworld
07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
OMG, I hope you are right I put it off thinking we could wait till our trip in December but just dont think we can make it :cool1:

Kristina
07-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Subscribing! Gosh I hope this isn't just a rumor because it would make all the difference in the world if it were true :goodvibes ! Nothing on Mousesavers yet....

upon-a-star
07-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Beth is correct. We always go during Jersey Week, and we've never had free dining. :sad2:

kaytieeldr
07-10-2006, 06:33 AM
It is probably true. They did it last year at this time and that's when we booked last year! :)
It's probably NOT true.
Somebody with a hotmail address e-mailed several AOL members who post on the Disney boards there and claimed their computer wasn't working right and could the various people please post about the FDP being available again starting today.
I looked here, on Mousesavers, on allearsnet and on disneyworld.com - nothing. NO mention of the promotion being available again.
Addressing a couple of other posts upthread:
- I agree with the poster who points out that Disney already extended the booking period by three weeks; I can't see them adding another opportunity.
- In 2005, there were two separate opportunities to book but the promotion dates NEVER changed: August 21 to October 4 2005 checkins, and you could get the promotion for up to ten nights - so technically, yeah - isn't Canadian Thanksgiving around the middle of October?

InstImpres
07-10-2006, 06:36 AM
I believe it is back with a later checkin date 8/19, with the ending date still being 9/30. I was just able to book it on the Travel Agent site. (though it does seem to have VERY limited avail. at least for the dates I checked - certain resorts had nothing)

EDIT: Can't figure it out yet but I was only able to help 1 of 4 clients with this. It may be certain resorts, I guess we'll know when they make an official announcement at some point today.

Scratch42
07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
It's probably NOT true.
Somebody with a hotmail address e-mailed several AOL members who post on the Disney boards there and claimed their computer wasn't working right and could the various people please post about the FDP being available again starting today.
I looked here, on Mousesavers, on allearsnet and on disneyworld.com - nothing. NO mention of the promotion being available again.
Addressing a couple of other posts upthread:
- I agree with the poster who points out that Disney already extended the booking period by three weeks; I can't see them adding another opportunity.
- In 2005, there were two separate opportunities to book but the promotion dates NEVER changed: August 21 to October 4 2005 checkins, and you could get the promotion for up to ten nights - so technically, yeah - isn't Canadian Thanksgiving around the middle of October?

Yes, Canadian Thanksgiving is your Columbus Day Weekend. It would be nice if they extended the FDP! Especially in December!

Mousesavers email comes out next Saturday, so maybe it will be mentioned then.

j

lvloopingbag
07-10-2006, 07:26 AM
This is up over at Intercot.....

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=77793

nbodyhome
07-10-2006, 07:32 AM
I believe it is back with a later checkin date 8/19, with the ending date still being 9/30. I was just able to book it on the Travel Agent site. (though it does seem to have VERY limited avail. at least for the dates I checked - certain resorts had nothing)

There is a button that I see as well on the Travel Agent site. I'd not be surprised if they have enough availability where they can pick up some more guests who missed it the first and second times. I'd never seen them re-offer availability until last year (with the free dining), and then this year - so who is to say that they can't do it a third time?

They aren't extending, of course - October is way too busy for that already. I hope they offer something, but with the Food and Wine Festival, the Halloween Parties and such, I'd be very surprised if it was anything of significance (if anything at all). August/September is pretty much a lull now between summer and the Food and Wine, and they really want to fill it.

Just because Mousesavers and Allears doesn't have it yet doesn't mean it isn't so. We'll see! I wrote this before the Intercot message - and the button on the TA site doesn't say free dine, just special package).

kaytieeldr
07-10-2006, 07:47 AM
This is up over at Intercot.....

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/...ead.php?t=77793
Aha! It appears it's NOT the free dining plan extended - it's a room rate discount!!! You can add the dining plan if you choose, but at its normal cost.

Anyway, if it's true we wouldn't have to wait until the next Mousesavers newsletter. I'm positive Mary will update her site as soon as the package is verified!

Kristina
07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I for one can not wait to find out the details of the discount and keep updating Mary's site but no info yet, of course :crazy: . I wish the intercot post offered more info...

hearts8701
07-10-2006, 08:45 AM
FOUND THIS ON INTERCOT
Walt Disney World Resort Specials Released

Disney has released resort specials for room-only rates and Magic Your Way packages for travelers vacationing at Walt Disney World between August 19 - September 30, 2006. Room-only rates range from $64+ per night for Value Resorts, $99+ per night for Moderate Resorts and $170+ per night for Deluxe Resorts, if available. Rooms are subject to availability.

TO READ MORE
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=77794

mrsmagic
07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Last year, didn't Disney open the free dining discount up again in late July, and you could basically book it up until the day the promotion started in August? Their goal is to fill the rooms up, and I would be surprised if they are that busy, especially during parts of September. (Although, maybe this is all wishful thinking on my part because I want to book it now!) Here's to hoping!

Mickey527
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I just called to book a package and was told by the CM that they HAVE re-opened the special and you can book until Sept 30th. So get on the phone and call.
Remember, this is prime hurricane season and back to school season so they don't have as many bookings as they would like so this will fill the rooms.
Peggie

pyrxtc
07-10-2006, 11:17 AM
well hopefully when I go next spetember it will be quiet too!

DawnM
07-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Wait, really? So you can book up until the final date of the special?

I haven't booked yet and was still debating because we are adopting a child and I have to go when they call. We won't know dates of our China trip until the last minute and of course, that takes priority this year.

If I could book last min. that would be ideal for this year.

Dawn

I just called to book a package and was told by the CM that they HAVE re-opened the special and you can book until Sept 30th. So get on the phone and call.
Remember, this is prime hurricane season and back to school season so they don't have as many bookings as they would like so this will fill the rooms.
Peggie

indigoxtreme
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
From Mousesavers room discount, Free dining better deal though

Special Magic Your Way Package
For check-ins 8/19/06-9/30/06, you can get a special discount on the room portion of your Magic Your Way vacation package. The package is discounted by a flat amount off the regular room rack rates, per night:

Value Resorts (All-Stars and Pop Century) - $15 off in Value Season; $20 off in Regular Season
Moderate Resorts - $40 off in Value Season; $45 off in Regular Season
Deluxe Resorts - $70 off in Value Season
The discounts can be used for a regular Magic Your Way Package and for the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining.

Please note: if you have already booked the "Free Dining" package for this same time period, it is definitely a better deal, so no need to rebook.

Requires a 3-night minimum stay. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use unless you add the No Expiration option for an extra cost. No group rates or other discounts apply

JayCT
07-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Peggie

Peggie - are you saying that Free Dinning is open again? I haven't heard this. There is a code going around for $70 off a Deluxe, but Free Dinning is a better deal for us. Let us know if that is what you meant or is it the code. Thanks, Jay

JayCT
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I just got off with CRO. Free dining is not offered. Booked CR SV with current code for $189 per night including tax. GV was available for $245 and Tower room for $318.

The only other deluxe was the Poly GV for $245. Jay

bettyann29
07-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I also called a bit ago and was told free dining has not been opened back up..

femail
07-10-2006, 10:55 PM
when i booked the free dining i was told that as long as i upgraded (spent more money) i would still get my free dining but i could get the better rates (we'd really love to stay somewhere in a mod or deluxe but it's hard with 7 people and only 2 are paying;) ) so i will sure be interested to see what happens tomorrow; also does anyone have an 800 # to disney? i used to have it on my cell phone but i changed cell phones :guilty: hippie chic

canwegosoon
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
when i booked the free dining i was told that as long as i upgraded (spent more money) i would still get my free dining but i could get the better rates (we'd really love to stay somewhere in a mod or deluxe but it's hard with 7 people and only 2 are paying;) ) so i will sure be interested to see what happens tomorrow; also does anyone have an 800 # to disney? i used to have it on my cell phone but i changed cell phones :guilty: hippie chic
1800-828-0228

inthemood
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM

Interested in, if this worked out for you?