PDA

View Full Version : Need a great microwave cookie/bar recipe..

ratherbeindisney
07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
My fellow disers, we need your help. We are looking for a great tasting microwave cookie, bar or brownie recipe. My daughter is taking microwave foods for 4-H and she has to submit a microwave creation in the cookie, bar or brownie recipe. They gave us 5 samples to choose from or to find our own. We want something a little different. I knew we could count on you all to give us suggestions.

Breakfast@Tiffany's
07-09-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't know how original this is, but it's delicious...

Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie treats:

1 cup caro syrup
1 cup sugar
1 c crunchy peanut butter
5 1/2 c Rice Krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

In large bowl, mix syrup and sugar, microwave 3 minutes or until boiling. Mix in peanut butter thoroughly, then Rice Krispies. Spread into a greased 13x9 pan.

Slowly melt choc and butterscotch chips in a separate bowl in microwave. 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, etc until chips melted and mixture is creamy. Spread over cereal and cool in fridge 30 minutes.

pearlieq
07-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know if this would count, but Alton Brown had a great recipe for microwave peanut butter fudge:

1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

You can liven it up by adding chopped nuts (macadamias are great), chocolate chunks, crumbled banana chips, mini M&Ms, or coarsely crushed pretzels after you've stirred in all of the powdered sugar.

seven dwarfs
07-10-2006, 08:51 AM
sorry this is late, Hope this works for you:

Easy Trail Mix Cereal Bars

Place 2 Tbsp. Butter or margarine and 1/2 cup peanut butter in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on med 1 min.;stir.

Add 4 cups Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave an additional 1 1/2 min. or until marshmallows are puffed; stir until well blended. Add 6 cups Post Fruit & Bran with peaches, raisins, Almonds Cereal, crushed; mix well.

Press cereal mixture firmly into 9-in. square pan. Let stand 1 hr. or until firm. Cut into 20 bars to serve.

Store bars in airtight cantainer at room temperature up to 3 days.

Enjoy!