PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to Mousesurplus?

Figment's friends
07-09-2006, 11:42 AM
We are trying to decide wether we will go to the character outlet stores or wether we will try mouse surplus. We will be shopping for the usual, t shirts, pins, ect. Any info about any will elp our decision, thanks, Tabitha.

CarolA
07-09-2006, 11:52 AM
From what I have seen Mousesurplus tends towards the BIGGER items not the pins and t shirts.

Mellie2162
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.mousesurplus.com/index.html

here is their website. ive never been but I would like to check them out when we go again. there was also a thread about them on the theme parks boards recently.

Figment's friends
07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
They also sell t shirts and pins and things. I was just wondering if anyone had actually been to the warehouse- I know I would LOVE to look around it but I'm not sure it would be worth the time and effort when I could go to the other character stores.

rach2674
07-09-2006, 04:02 PM
That is so cool that they sell actual stuff from the parks. How neat would that be to have at your house. I wish I could! I'd love to go walk through that store sometimes. My dh would think I was insane!

Rachel

bettyann29
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Some of the items they are selling on ebay are hilarious.. Pants from a CM at Tomorrowland in MK.. :lmao: What would someone do with these??

Donna
07-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Went to mousesurplus a couple months ago.Dont go if you're looking for "outlet" type things. There is a front room/office type area when you walk in. Tons of snowglobes, ornaments, old plush. Not everything you see is for sale, you have to ask. The warehouse is in the back, you walk down a little hallway and you enter this huge room with high ceilings. Ride vehicles (buzz, pooh), costumes from CM's from various parks, bedspreads from resorts, boxes of unused cardkeys, old lamps from resorts, pictures and fixtures from resorts, signs from the parks. it was interesting but not stuff you'd probably buy. We didn't see any t-shirts or park souvenir type things at all, but it does always change they said. It's not somewhere i'd go again, but i'm glad we went once. Just don't do what we did and make a wrong turn and have to turn around in the nude dance show parking lot, lol, in the middle of the day! :blush:

rach2674
07-09-2006, 07:47 PM
My thoughts on used bedspreads from a hotel..yuck! I'd want a CSI light with me to inspect them first. LOL But they would make a cool room! I looked at the material on the auctions they had and I'd love some cool fabric to make a shower curtain.

Rachel

bearzabout
07-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I went right after they moved to their new location. Monorail red was still parked in the lot next to their old location. It was so wierd to see the front of a monorail in a parking lot. They also had one of the vans used by the Toy Story Green Soldiers at MGM. It was in rough shape.

The new facility had a lot of furniture. When they replace the furniture from the hotels during rehab, the old stuff ends up at MouseSurplus. They had a mountain of furniture from Wilderness Lodge and All Stars.

They had some small items in rough shape. Mainly, it was damaged merchandise and not usable. I thought prices were high for what you got. I didn't buy a thing.

It was interesting to see. I loved seeing the old cars from Mr Toad, but mostly the stuff was junk and it was a bit depressing to see it in that kind of setting. Talk about "no magic". I recommend an outlet store instead.

Poohnatic
07-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I've been there, younger son's room has two armoires, a nightstand, mirror and watercolor print from the Poly.

It's not anything like the outlets. Yes, they have shirts, but not the assortment that you'd find at Character Premiere. Lots of big stuff. The day we were there, they'd just gotten a bunch of TV/VCR combos from the DVC rooms-20 bucks each.

I'd suggest going to their website to find out what they've got.

Suzanne

idofabric
07-10-2006, 06:30 AM
We were there just over a week ago. We did find a Tink hoodie for only $19.95, it was $50+, not a thing wrong with it! Also got a Cap'n Jack Sparrow T for $8 that was $38 in the park the next day... .and a Princess dress, size 4-5 for only $6... The T and dress each had a seam/threads loose. But I am a seamstress, and no big deal...
There was a ton of clothing from the shops. Mostly stuff that had either been returned or had dirt/old/rips... most could be easily repaired or clean. Some was just to far gone to do a lot with. Some stuff had embrodiery upside down, or sideways, and some of that was fixable, IF you know anything about fabric/fiber...
The furniture was AMAZING !!! There was a TV/dresser unit about 5 feet tall, 3+feet wide in very good shape from Wilderness Lodge for $199,if there had been room in the car (or at home.... :blush:), I would have gotten it...

There were also out of box new style Pal Mickeys, with nothing wrong with them, (I asked, and offended the salesperson... :rolleyes: ), for only $15, and the old style for either $5 or $8. At least 3 styles of T shirts, new in package, for about $10. A lot of broken stuff, like cookie jars with out lids, and Character figures, overpriced.

All in all it was a fun hour. I had MapQuest ed the store address . It is on Tradeport and the mapquest said to go to Orange Blossom Trail, turn on Tradeport... :sad2:, but when we tried it was not there... Found out it is called Taft? from OBT... DO get a good map, or call them...

Also there were things like old or broken Pins. The sparkle MM head hair clips that are $1 each were only 12 or 15 cents there, NOT broken. Movies and DVDs from the cruize ships, in good shape. Some I have not seen for sale, like Song of The South, which I did NOT get... that is the Splach MT story, I think...

Anyway, sorry this is so long, almost a Trip report for the store... And, no, I don't get a commision, sigh... I did have 3 teens with me, and it was HOT in the warehouse, but they were very happy to look at stuff for the entire time I wanted to stay. 1 boy,15, 2 girls, 14 and 16... they LOVED this place. And wanted to go back latter in the week, just didn't have time... Sigh....

LSchrow
07-10-2006, 06:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Walt-Disney-Effigy-Life-Size-Museum-Wax-Figure-LE-of-1_W0QQitemZ150007035107QQihZ005QQcategoryZ790QQcmd ZViewItem

all i can say is...........WOW!!!
:bitelip:

rach2674
07-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Wow, sounds like they had some great stuff when you went. I can't believe the Pal Mickey's were so cheap. What a deal. I'm heading up today for a few days with my niece, but not sure we'll be able to get there. I may have to leave early today to go!

Rachel

idofabric
07-10-2006, 07:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Walt-Disney-Effigy-Life-Size-Museum-Wax-Figure-LE-of-1_W0QQitemZ150007035107QQihZ005QQcategoryZ790QQcmd ZViewItem

all i can say is...........WOW!!!
:bitelip:

Yea, this life size statue of Walt is in the lobby...
Kinda freaky/cool... It really looks like he could walk right up to you at first glance, which is the freaky part... And it is very life like which is the... well, that is also freaky! But Cool...
Totally blew the 3 teens and me away, my DS did the one-eye skeptical/quizz look at me when I went "Wow!", as in ? and why is this so cool... then he did a double take... and did the nod/head dip. Which I am going to think means, "Cool", 'cause thats what he said...

It is in the lobby and when I asked "How Much?$$$" was told "NOT for SALE !!" so I guess they changed that!

Am a little disapointed that when we were there they told me that they didn't have any fabric for sale... and now I see it is on the eBay site and has been since a day or 2 after we were there! And I don't see any of the furniture...

However, the Toy Story Wallpaper border they have on eBay was in the warehouse, they had a TON of it! several boxes.. but not the Poly/palm or All Stars paper.
I am also thinking it all depends on who/or how you talk to there, and if you show up a hour befor they close.

rdsx28
07-10-2006, 07:47 AM
I think I read on another thread that the Character Warehouse at the outlet mall had closed. Just wanted to let you know maybe someone else can verify!

rach2674
07-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I remember passing a Character shop somewhere other than Belz, but don't remember where we were at the time. How do you find out where they are in Orlando?

Rachel

Poohnatic
07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
There's one in the outlets just by Dolly's Dixie Stampede (I think that's Prime).

Another pair are two in the Belz outlets-in the two buildings all the way in the back two buildings (I think bldgs 3&4)

Another can be found in one in the outlets on Osceola Parkway, just past the toll road.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones my DH and I did in one day, looking for the mickey drawer pulls he talked me out of getting at DtD that were discontinued. :(

Suzanne

mousiemom
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I love the character WH outlet we go to in Destin, FL. We just got back 4th of July week. This is what I got:
-minnie photo wallets-.50
-My dh a disney t-shirt - $4.99
-minnie ears-xmas ornament - $2.99
-photo frame that all the parks around it - $1.99

I go crazy in this store! The prices are great. Especially, the clothes!! I love to buy up before the trip!

Figment's friends
07-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Gosh I'm wondering if the taxi might be worth it anyway with Pal Mickey's that cheap! Wish they put them up on Ebay!