PDA

View Full Version : Chuckee Cheese Party?

mrsboz
07-09-2006, 10:59 AM
How much do you think that a Chuckee Cheese party would cost for roughly ten children and probably six parents? I'm trying to talk my six year old into this since I really don't want to do another party at home right now. I just had my sons and I've packed and unpacked for three trips - three weeks in a row. I'm pretty much wiped. Any ideas on cost or coupons? Thank you.

ceecee
07-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I think our CC charged by the kid. I'm thinking it was $9.00 for pizza, drink, cake and tokens. Call your local CC and they can tell you. I am all for the out of the house parties. Less work.

barkley
07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
the website shows the per person cost, but depending on if you do it durink 'peak' time (weekends, nights) or 'slow' (daytime) it can make a difference, and the prices vary by location.

the base price (2 pcs. pizza, one pc. of cake, soda, 16 tokens) at our location is $11.99. so for just the basics (no goodie bags) you're looking at $120.00 plus pizza and soda for the adults (their stuff is expensive so probably at least another $40.00 minimum). so figure $160.00 minimum.

ds wants to do chuckie again this year-i'm thinking instead of doing the party package i'll just invite his friends and we'll bring our own cake. i've priced out letting them have alot more tokens and more pizza each-and it's much less expensive.

ReneeQ
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
My sister did this for my nephews BD a few years ago. She didn't provide food or drink for the parents, they all bought their own. Apparently my nephew had been invited to a few Chuck E. Cheese parties, and this was the norm, at least in their circle. She made her own goodie bags, which was cheaper than buying theirs. This was about 3 years ago and I think it was around $10 per child.

I think she did buy extra tokens, but after that, if the kids wanted more, their parents bought them. Or they were encouraged to play in the play area, which is free. Some of the kids came with their own tokens or gift cards. I've started doing this for my nephew, too. He needs NOTHING, so sometimes for his BD or Christmas, I'll get him a Chuck E. Cheese gift card. I signed up at their website, and have gotten the coupon where you can get 100 tokens for $12.50. He LOVES getting that for a gift, and then takes some of his tokens with him when invited to a party. He'll also share tokens with other kids that have run out.

Another idea is to have the party from 2-4 PM. That way it's not a peak meal time, and the pizza is more of a snack than lunch. Also, the parents have probably had lunch before they came, and it's too early for dinner, so you don't feel like you have to feed them.

ICF
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
We did one for about that many kids a couple of years ago and I think it was roughly $100. We provided the goodie bags, but they did the pizza, cake, tokens and drinks.

mamalle
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
$9.99 per kid at ours. I think our bill came to around $225 for the kids and the extra pizzas that I bought. I saved the coupons and was able to give the kids extra tokens and feed the parents. we had ours around 11ish and was perfect.. we did bring our own cake in and I received some type of credit I believe.

disneychrista
07-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Why do you have to feed the parents? I have never expected to be feed at a kids party and have never purchased for the adults either.

Sneaky3
07-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Here we feed everyone Kids and parents. Every party I have been to they have food for the parents. Now if there is something else I want I will go and buy it myself but other than that I don't mind providing some pizza and soda to the parents. Just my opinion.

rach2674
07-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I did a party for 12 kids and also brought my own cake...they give you 20 extra tokens...not that big of a deal, but wanted a bigger and different cake. I did the regular party during the week, so they give you a few extra tokens for doing it during the week. We also ordered 2 more large pizzas for the adults and they gave us cups for free for them. I think the total was $150.00 with tax. Not too bad except for we went at 1pm when school was out of session and it had rained that day so it was completely packed. But it was so much easier than having to organize everything for a bunch of 4 year olds. Next time I'm doing it during the school year.

Rachel

barkley
07-09-2006, 07:45 PM
i always feed parents at these types of parties-i'm just thrilled not to have them 'dump and run' the kids such that i have to be worried about someone's child getting upset when the run out of tokens, wanting to leave before mom/dad return, having to chase down mom/dad to pick them up looooooong after the party has ended....

mamalle
07-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Im just not the type to not feed people that we invited to a party. They are staying with their kids- I can be gracious enough to feed them a slice of pizza and a soda. Most of its family in our case and I just wouldnt feel right any other way..

CJMZ
07-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Mybe your Chuck E Cheese's had different games, play areas - they don't seem to go over well here.
My daughter was just invited to 7th birthday party for a classmate at our local one, and she and another boy were the only ones out of a class of 15 that attended. I felt bad, but she had alot of other friends and cousins there. The mother told me that alot of parents responded that their children did not want to go, because they were too old for Chuck E. Cheese.
Actually, their weren't alot of kids there in general - they had the party on a Saturday from 12-2. They did feed the parents t hough - pizza, soda and the salad bar.

summerrluvv
07-09-2006, 08:41 PM
If you go to their website they will tell you the prices for your area. It varies vastly.

We always feed the parents. I think it's rude not to.

deide71
07-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Chuck E. Cheese runs ads monthly in the sunday paper here. We do our son's B-day party there every year. For an average of 20 people (12 kids and 8 adults) I buy 5 packages with 1 large pizza, 4 sodas and 20 tokens for 19.99. I also use the coupon for 80 tokens for $10.00. This gives us plenty of drinks, food and entertainment for 20pp, and I don't have to clean up afterward.

We usually get 24 cupcakes at Supertarget for 12.99, and make our own goodie bags.

The total comes to $150.00. Not too bad. Definately cheaper than buying the package.

luckey-lasvegas
07-10-2006, 12:47 AM
We went during the day when my DD was about 4 and used 2 of the Pizza, 4 drinks and 100 tokens for $29.99 coupons (we had 8 kids so it was perfect). They let us bring in our own cupcakes from Sams club and the Parents just sort of fended for themselves. I'd rather not eat their pizza if I don't have to. :crazy2: We also used the Buy 50 get 50 token coupon. So we got 2 pizzas 8 drinks and 300 tokens for $72.50 + tax.

We had coupons in our Sunday paper today. :thumbsup2

Sue Sullivan
07-10-2006, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't dream on having a party and not feeding the parents. If they have to provide their own transportation and hang around, I would want to feed them. If you drive a supervise a few of the kids yourself, then you can save some cash by not feeding parents.

T. Lynn
07-10-2006, 09:03 AM
We did this 2 years ago for our DD. We spent around $175 and did get large pizza's for the adults and a drink. It was enough so they'd each have 2 slices. If they wanted more than that, we felt they could buy something else for themselves.

Of course, you always have that "ONE" person who says "is that all we get, that won't fill me up?" I was a little ticked at that remark. I felt the party was for my DD's birthday and for the children to have fun...

PattiPB
07-10-2006, 09:52 AM
I'll post tomorrow---my son's 10th b-day party is there tonite! :rotfl2:

By doing it mid-week, the kids get more tokens. Base cost is $10.99 per person, and we're using the coupon for "buy a large pizza get 25 extra tokens" for the adults.

BTW---don't forget the kids report cards! They get tokens for As and Bs (at least around here!)

ceecee
07-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I've been to three CC parties and stayed for two of them since DD was a lot younger then. I was offered pizza but didn't eat any. I didn't feel right about them feeding me since I wasn't invited but DD was. I bought a drink and that was all.

scrapbookworm
07-10-2006, 10:46 AM
I've only been to one party at CC, and the parents were offered pizza also. It was a madhouse however, but I suppose that is to be expected. The closest CC is about 35 miles away- too far for me to want to have a party there. The party we attended was our nephew's, otherwise I wouldn't have gone because of the distance, and it's in the bad part of town.

mum of two pirates
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
:cool1: WE had coupons in our paper yesterday alos. P.M. me if you need some. I left mine in the rest. yesterday, but I can get my moms and sisters. OUr C.C. has a thing if you book on line you get extra tokens, If it is m-f, extra again. We never go unless I have the buy 50 get 50 tokens free. In there goodie bags they have a coupon for 10 free coupons here. ask to see what is in thiers before the party, maybe buy them ahead of time. Then give them to the kids that day. (to be used on a differnt day then bought on- ours lets up use them the same day thoe.) And remind the kids to gring thier report cards. Have fun and let me knoe if you need more coupons, washington I'll see if they say only washington thoe.

jessica52877
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I just priced one out because my friend was looking. The cost definately varies by location but it is quick and simple to do online. I think if they allow it, it would be cheaper as others said, to just buy the stuff seperately then to book a party. As far as the parents and feeding them, I don't think it is required, definately a nice gesture though.

I attended one where the parent bought 2 large pizzas for the adults and they too gave them cups for the adults. Anything else the parents purchased seperately. My son LOVES our chuck e cheese! If I did parties it would be a place I would consider.

mamalle
07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
we used a few coupons from the sunday paper also. we actually had pizza left over. I know when my dd had a day there with her class in december. I paid around $15.00 for one drink, one slice of pizza and tokens and the bus ride- well the poor thing was still hungry. dh and I bought another pizza for the kids.. anyhow my neighbor had her party there and didnt buy pizzas ahead of time- she told the parents to just order whatever they wanted off the menu :sad2: I couldnt believe what some ordered- salad and a sandwich, etc.. they really took advantage.

batraylover
07-12-2006, 06:20 PM
We always take our own cake to Chuck E Cheese, mainly because they don't make "theme" cakes. Last time we took a home made cake in the shape of a monkey. We use coupons which give you one large pizza, 3 regular soft drinks, and 30 game and ride tokens for $17.99; then, we purchase pitchers of soda separate and use the 10 free game tokens with any food or beverage purchase coupon. Combine this with the buy $10 in tokens get $10 in tokens free, and in a few minutes, you have a party way cheaper than Chuck E Cheese costs. Besides, the goody bags at Chuck E Cheese are minimal, and isn't that what the kids win tickets for, to buy their own junk, including cotton candy,which I think just about every kid buys at Chuck E Cheese here now. The coupons we get are from Macaroni and Cheese, Minute Maid, and Hi C products, in fact I just dumped 60 coupons on craigslist for free the other day, I still have some more Macaroni and Cheese ones to dump as well!

dznygurl
07-13-2006, 12:44 AM
We just had my DS11 invite 4 of his friends for his birthday to CC. We drove them there so their parents wouldn't have to. It's about a 40 mile drive from where we live. Using the coupons, we got 2 large pizzas, 8 drinks, & plenty of tokens (can't remember how many). The cost came to about $60.00.
We then came back home for cake and a sleepover. It was very simple....They had a great time and we didn't have a ton of people to feed. :yay:

mrsboz
07-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I gave in. I let her have her princess party at home. I am now exhausted. We only had nine kids and their moms. It was as much work as if I had 40 people. The clean up was much quicker though. I am trying to prime my daughter whose birthday is in September to have hers at Chuckie Cheese.

Batraylover: On what packages of macaroni and cheese did you get the coupons?

luvsgrumpy
07-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Just curious, do they let you use more than one coupon at a time or do you have to have multiple "purchases". I find that a real pain in the neck.

deide71
07-15-2006, 12:44 AM
I used 4 of the same coupons on one purchase with no problem. :thumbsup2