PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to add days to an annual pass?

lucyanna girl
07-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Our annual passes will expire two days before the end of our next trip. I can't change our days because off other obligations. I will be buying new annual passes but since our next trip after that won't be for about six months I would like to wait. If we time it right we can usually get three trips out of one pass. So, has anyone ever heard of purchasing extra days?

Penny

NancyIL
07-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Our annual passes will expire two days before the end of our next trip. I can't change our days because off other obligations. I will be buying new annual passes but since our next trip after that won't be for about six months I would like to wait. If we time it right we can usually get three trips out of one pass. So, has anyone ever heard of purchasing extra days?

Penny

Nope - after the "annual" part runs out - you renew or make other plans.

My AP will expire before my trip ends in November, and I'm not planning to buy another one. I bought a 10-day non-expiring premium pass at the end of 2005, so I will use 3 days from that ticket, then save the remaining days for future trips.

Bella the Ball 360
07-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Just a suggestion. IF you have an annual pass and you go only once a year with it, then buy a Magic Your Way Pass for 10 days. It saves you quite a bit of money and you add on the no expire feature and you never have to worry about using up the time. I am only comparing park vist to park visit pass NOT the one with all the extras.

PolyHereWeCome
07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Just a suggestion. IF you have an annual pass and you go only once a year with it, then buy a Magic Your Way Pass for 10 days. It saves you quite a bit of money and you add on the no expire feature and you never have to worry about using up the time. I am only comparing park vist to park visit pass NOT the one with all the extras.
Unless you are getting an AP rate on your room, especially if you are staying at a deluxe. Then it will likely turn out better to have at least 1 person buy the AP. Gotta' run the numbers for your situation. For us, I bought DH, DS and DD non-expiring non-hopper non-waterpark MYW 7 days and the AP for me. We used 3 days at the parks and although we have no plans to revisit in the next 12-months, my AP saved us $600 off the room, so worth it. DH, DD, and DS's unused 4 days will come in handy at some future undetermined trip and I'll have to see what works best for my ticket.

elaine and the boys
07-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Penny

I don't know how long your stay at Disney will be, but did you consider doing all your "park" activities at the beginning of your trip, and not go to the parks on those last two days? You could resort hop (if you're staying onsite), enjoy your resort pool, spend time in Downtown Disney, etc. There are so many Disney things to do besides going to the parks. Just a thought! Then you wouldn't have to purchase your new AP until your next trip.

mickeyluv'r
07-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Great suggestion. It might be a great chance to check out a water park, miniature golf, participate in your resort's other activities, visit Disney Quest. You might also be able to load up on your last park day - if it's a Sunday, MK EMH sometimes runs until 3am. Most people need to sleep in the next morning after a run like that.

Donna
07-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Disney has the ability to extend an AP, i only know because they did it for me once. I was having trouble at every single park getting my pass to work. i kept getting new ones and it wouldn't work. After 4 days of this, the cm at guest relations, without me asking, extended my AP by 3 mos! i know they CAN do this but other than an extenuating circumstance , they probably would not do it. Maybe you could just buy a hopper like someone suggested, and use it for the two days and apply the remaining days to your new AP when you get it.

Bella the Ball 360
07-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Disney has the ability to extend an AP, i only know because they did it for me once. I was having trouble at every single park getting my pass to work. i kept getting new ones and it wouldn't work. After 4 days of this, the cm at guest relations, without me asking, extended my AP by 3 mos! i know they CAN do this but other than an extenuating circumstance , they probably would not do it. Maybe you could just buy a hopper like someone suggested, and use it for the two days and apply the remaining days to your new AP when you get it.

I am confused. Did they make you PAY for the extended days? We used to have pass problems and they all kinds of things to make them work. It was a real pain.

Disney can do anything that they want and IMHO it just depends on to whom you speak on a particular day.

kaytieeldr
07-10-2006, 06:50 AM
It sounds like a "pixie dust" thing, something the CM did on her/his own to compensate the other poster for all the trouble they had with their ticket.

Donna
07-10-2006, 07:04 AM
I am confused. Did they make you PAY for the extended days? We used to have pass problems and they all kinds of things to make them work. It was a real pain.

Disney can do anything that they want and IMHO it just depends on to whom you speak on a particular day.

No! i did not have to pay for anything. what was nice about it was i DID have a trip planned within those months so that paid for that. He said he could see on the screen how many times it had to be replaced. Plus, the line was long at mgm guest relations that day (in the sun) and he said he was sorry i had to go thru this hassle so many times. It was literally every park, every time i hopped, every day. I honestly couldn't thank him enough, it WAS a pixie dust thing. I was determined to figure out what the problem was and it ended up being, the clasp on my purse was a magnetized clasp and every single time i put my pass away, it de-magnetized itself. It hasn't happened since but i will always be thankful for that very generous CM! :wizard: