PDA

View Full Version : Best rental car company?

chemteacher03
07-08-2006, 06:06 PM
In everyone's opinion, what is the cheapest car rental company? We will need a car on August 8th to get our marriage license from the Orange County courthouse. We would need a company which is either on Disney property or one like Enterprise that will "pick you up."

owtrbnks
07-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Which is it, best or cheapest? :confused3
You will find many opinions here.
I vote for Hertz for quality, dependability, convenience, speed, and (usually) price. :thumbsup2
Yes, they have a location near WDW and they'll pick you up.

NancyIL
07-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Alamo and National are at the Dolphin and the Car Care Center.

mommy*RN
07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Are you only renting for 1 day??? I would recommend Priceline then! You can try to name your own price. I did it for a car here in Milwaukee where I can pick the car up the night before our flight and drop it off the day we leave. I was able to get a full-size car for around $30 total! I paid for it immediately as required by priceline - and now it is off my mind. We got Avis. Otherwise National or Alamo get a lot of votes here on the boards - especially the Alamo on Disney property - plus they have the most discount codes listed on www.mousesavers.com.

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding! How exciting!

rlduvall
07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Oops. Posted in wrong place.

safetymom
07-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I recommend Hertz as the best.

drakethib
07-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Enterprise works pretty well.

As the other poster mentioned check mousesavers for discount codes.

MyGoofy26
07-08-2006, 09:10 PM
You can get some great deals with Alamo/National using codes from Mousesavers and Entertainment Book coupons (ebay for cheap if you don't have the book)

musicdude
07-08-2006, 10:09 PM
My vote is for national. Use the entertainment book coupons. We just rented a full size car for the week over the holiday week for only $125 including taxes and fees. We belong to the emerald club and ended up finding a mini van on the emerald aisle. It was our bargain for the trip.

mommy*RN
07-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Did you get my PM? Just wondering if you had found any other deals or tried Priceline. Unfortunately, I don't think you qualify for many coupons since you are only renting for 1 day...

Keep me posted!

:)

chemteacher03
07-11-2006, 12:56 PM
We are getting a Full-size with Alamo for 1-day for $47.32 from the Car Care Center. All the others seemed high and had many hidden charges.

mommy*RN
07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm glad you found something! Just keep checking the rates as it gets closer to your travel date and hopefully you can get that down to $20-something.

Have a wonderful trip and a beautiful wedding! :bride: :groom: Congratulations!