PDA

View Full Version : Water Spray Fans---Got em at...

ericafny
07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I got them at Walmart for $4.96. Don't forget the batteries! :thumbsup2

karliebug
07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I got some too but they seem to blow backwards, did you try yours. Mine are weird. I think I will return them.

Nurse_Mommy4
07-08-2006, 06:16 PM
They blow backwards when the batteries are in backwards, check your batteries before you take them back. I did this and a couple other people on other threads too. :blush:

karliebug
07-08-2006, 06:28 PM
What? that seems really silly but I will try it.

momlvsdsny
07-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Can I ask where in Walmart you found them? I was there yesterday, just for a quick trip, but didnt see them on a quick once through. I am going back next week, and would really like them for our trip at the end of the month. Thanks!

nightowlky
07-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Anyone have any pictures of these fans?

I absolutely REFUSE to set foot in a WalMart and I'd like to find them someplace else (Walgreens, CVS, Target, Meijer, etc.)

michboro
07-08-2006, 06:56 PM
In Walmart, I found them near the section where they sell portable fans for the house. I've also seen them in Rite Aid, in the seasonal section.

TENIA66
07-08-2006, 08:54 PM
disney for 18.00 then found them at walmart for $5.00

mommyof3grlz
07-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Our Walmart here in Alabama had a huge bin of those spray bottle/fans and were priced at $1.00 each. When I got to the register they rang up for .50 (yes fifty cents). We ran back and got more! :cool1: :cheer2:

winjos
07-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't pack the fans with the batteries in them. I did that to save space (and so that I wouldn't forget the batteries) and they turned themselves on while in the suitcase. Got to WDW and they were dead! :rolleyes:

Hey, it sounded like a good idea in my head!! ;)

ericafny
07-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Can I ask where in Walmart you found them? I was there yesterday, just for a quick trip, but didnt see them on a quick once through. I am going back next week, and would really like them for our trip at the end of the month. Thanks!

This is actually the most confusing part...finding them! I had to ask 3 people. Let me preface this by saying I am more of a Target girl than Walmart, in fact I had never been in this Walmart before up until the other day. Anyways, the first lady I asked was wearing that vest that said 'how may I help you' and then I asked her and she couldn't speak English...ummm ok so then I went to a gentleman who told me to look back in the toys or sporting goods section, he thought he saw them there. Once there, I couldn't find them so I asked another young man who worked there and he said 'Yeah I have them in a box in hardware, follow me'. Good thing I asked him because he had them behind a register in a box waiting to be taken out and put on the shelf. My best advice is to ask away once there, you never know where they will be...

karliebug
07-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the tip, It worked! I don't know how it works, but it did!

mom2isaac&ella
07-09-2006, 03:02 PM
I found mine in the paint section, right above the driveway sealer! How wierd. It was my second trip to Walmart (I hate shopping there!!) & saw on another thread to look in the paint/hardware section. They were $4.96 & we picked up some Disney stickers to decorate. I chose the plastic type of stickers I saw by the greeting cards hoping they may stick better than the paper type. We'll see- even if I have to go buy more it will be cheaper than the getting the $17 Disney ones.

rach2674
07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I was just going to post that mine works backwards, but now that you say that I'll try switching the batteries! Thanks!!

Rachel

Alicnwondrln
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
i need to get 2 of these for our august trip but i saw none when i was there today
ill have to go back

las3888
07-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I saw the fans at Walmart today in what is probably a seasonal aisle (this is a SuperWalmart). They had various fans and then I saw the water fans.

I bought one from Osco the day before (Jewel - Albertson's in some parts of the country). A little more in price by maybe a dollar or two but the same exact fan.

I saw an ad for Walgreen's today. I'm not sure if the circular ads are by parts of the country or not but the ad I saw had them on sale. Can't remember the exact price, but in the neighborhood of $5.99.

Good luck! I used mine yesterday while working in the yard. It was refreshing. I also used the neckband that has some kind of cooling agent in them and it worked fairly well as well (Walmart for $4).

ShellyBelly
07-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Has anyone found the small ones onthe carabiner clip at Walmart? Someone posted about them awhile ago and I haven't been able to find them anywhere in our area!

Disneynutbsv
07-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Has anyone found the small ones onthe carabiner clip at Walmart? Someone posted about them awhile ago and I haven't been able to find them anywhere in our area!
I found one awhile back...I need two more and can't find them!

ShellyBelly
07-09-2006, 10:29 PM
If anyone can get them, I need four...I will be happy to pay for them plus shipping of course!! It's better than paying $5 something plus shipping from an internet source!!

Pooh_Friend#1
07-10-2006, 08:08 AM
I posted this last week, but at the Disney Store I found the same size fans that Walmart carried that you all are talking about and they were $3.00. I bought 4 of them and my mom bought 2. I went there last night and there were still a few in the Clearance bins. It is cheaper than Walmart and has the plus of Mickey already on it!! It came with a lanyard strap.

ladysoleil
07-10-2006, 08:13 AM

I don't know if you have any in your area but I got two of them at Rite Aid last week.

ShellyBelly
07-10-2006, 03:00 PM
The only thing I saw at my Disney store were just mini fans, not the misting ones. And no Rite-Aids in my area. I haven't tried Walgreens though, come to think of it!

Pooh_Friend#1
07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
The only thing I saw at my Disney store were just mini fans, not the misting ones. And no Rite-Aids in my area. I haven't tried Walgreens though, come to think of it!
At my store the mini fans were by the sunglasses and the light-up twirly things.....and the Misting fans were up at the front of the store in bins next to the towels. They were blue with a red sprayer handle, foam blades and lanyard. On the side was the American Mickey.

kksmom
07-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I just found the bigger O2Cool's that hang on a lanyard and the small O2Cool's on the clip at our Super Walmart. They were both in Shopping carts down one of the side aisles near the other seasonal stuff. The litte ones were clearanced for $1.00 and the bigger ones for $1.50. I loaded up!! If anyone that hasn't been able to find them is renting a car in Orlando, all the Walmart's down should have them. I know we bought some there on our first trip, but beat's me what I did with them . . . We started going in December, so we weren't needing them anymore . . .

ShellyBelly
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
The O2Cools on the clip are the ones I am wanting. Any chance you could get me 4?

hambirg
07-11-2006, 12:48 AM
I was at my local (Puget Sound) Target today and saw a woman putting these out on an end cap. I think they were in cosmetics, kinda weird, but near the registers. Sorry, I don't remeber how much they were, but they were the kind that look like a spray bottle with a fan on top. They were blue. I HTH.

kksmom
07-11-2006, 08:31 AM
The O2Cools on the clip are the ones I am wanting. Any chance you could get me 4?

I will try to run back out there today or tomorrow. If they have any left, I will grab four and PM you! They are pretty small, so I can't imagine it would cost much to ship them - especially since you are just one state over . . .

nightowlky
07-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Is that what we're looking for?

O2COOL Mini Water Misting Fan with Carabiner Clip (http://www.safetycentral.com/miwamifanwic.html)

I guess clip that onto a backpack or purse strap and try to aim it at your neck or something?

How do people normally wear this?

ShellyBelly
07-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I will try to run back out there today or tomorrow. If they have any left, I will grab four and PM you! They are pretty small, so I can't imagine it would cost much to ship them - especially since you are just one state over . . .

Thanks so much!!

ShellyBelly
07-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Is that what we're looking for?

O2COOL Mini Water Misting Fan with Carabiner Clip (http://www.safetycentral.com/miwamifanwic.html)

I guess clip that onto a backpack or purse strap and try to aim it at your neck or something?

How do people normally wear this?

Yep, those are the ones. I don't know about others, but yes, I would clip it to a backpack or something.

llqool
07-13-2006, 05:23 AM
i got one at Wal-mart in the hardware section a couple of days ago. They had several different kinds of fans (w/caribiner clip, one that looked like an ipod (!), even one that was a pen), but only one seemed to be the misting kind.

i had been hoping to find one that had a clip so that you could clip it to a stroller tray or sunshade. not a caribiner clip, more like a clothespin. Has anyone seen one of those?

kksmom
07-13-2006, 08:42 AM
No luck on getting more at my Wal-mart. I went in last night after work, and the only ones they had left were the handheld ones that don't hold any water.

Sorry!

momlvsdsny
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I just got home from Walmart, and after a "scavenger hunt" through the store (given two different places to find them) I finally grabbed a lady working there, and she, very unfriendly like, said "over by the fans in the hardware section". I went there, and still didnt see them, but my son noticed them on the very top shelf, behind some stuff with just the fan part sticking up. They werent marked down like some of you have luckily found, lol, they were still 4.96, but that is still cheaper than at Disney, so I am happy!!!

ShellyBelly
07-14-2006, 09:15 AM
No luck on getting more at my Wal-mart. I went in last night after work, and the only ones they had left were the handheld ones that don't hold any water.

Sorry!

Thanks for trying!! I really appreciate it!

nightowlky
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
This place has the mini O2 Cool fans a bit cheaper than the previous link:
http://www.epartyunlimited.com/key-chain-water-misting-fan.html

Came to $18.47 shipped for two of them.