PDA

View Full Version : Any Cdns seen Pirates #2 yet?

Sillyminny40
07-08-2006, 12:13 PM
We saw it first show on Friday. Long but good. They could have cut out the wheel scene a bit as well as the three dueling on the beach.

The animation and action was well worth the trip. Elizabeth's character surprised everyone at the end, but no spoilers here. I think they could have used Orlando Bloom a bit more. :cheer2:

BitsnBearsMom
07-08-2006, 03:12 PM
We are taking our boys to see it tomorrow afternoon.... can't wait!!

cdnmickeylover
07-08-2006, 06:07 PM
We saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Can't wait til #3!

Figment's friends
07-08-2006, 06:30 PM
If you scroll down to the rumours board- I copied a newpaper article about a local guy who played as and extra. The post is intitled Yar! Thar be spoilers up ahead.

I should add it was a Picton Paper- Ontario

disneyfreak75
07-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I saw it last night. Didn't expect it to be as busy as it was. Good thing a friend pressured me into buying tickets the day before and getting there an hour early. even being 1 1/4 hours early there was already a good line up!!!

Loved the movie. Love Johnny and Orlando!! thought the make up for the villains was cool.

Stayed to the end of the credits to see the "extra"..It was neat but the credits were far to long so wasn't sure if it was worth it..

MJGirl
07-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Going tomorrow as well! Would have gone Friday night or today, but had a Golf tournament today so needed my sleep Friday and was exhausted after the tournament. Golf game was good! Didn't win, but didn't come in last either. Won a prize in the door draw as well ,, :Pinkbounc

connorsmom911
07-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Went to the midnight showing on Thurs night. Thought it was good, not as good as the first but still ok. I still didn't get the opening sequence with Elizabeth, why no one was at the wedding??? Thought the beginning dragged a bit but then it got better.

Stayed to watch the clip after the credits too. There was only us and one other family (who had dressed up like pirates!!). Credits were soooooo long, but the clip was worth it!! Can't wait for the DVD as I'm sure there will be lots of good extras. And what a cliffhanger ending!!

Donald - my hero
07-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Stayed to watch the clip after the credits too. There was only us and one other family (who had dressed up like pirates!!). Credits were soooooo long, but the clip was worth it!! Can't wait for the DVD as I'm sure there will be lots of good extras. And what a cliffhanger ending!!

I went yesterday while Hubby took kids to see CLICK -- i do not care for Adam Sandler. HOWEVER, I was with another couple ..... they figured 2nd row from the front about 6 seats from the aisle was perfect place to sit :mad:
We like getting there early enuff to sit dead centre while we eat popcorn and wait popcorn:: As far as the credits, hubby often drives the poor kids NUTS who are waiting to clean up, he insists we stay till the screen goes black. Not this couple, out in jig time.

HEY that gives me another chance to take hubby to see them pirate:

SaraMc
07-09-2006, 12:48 PM
DH and I saw it last night. It was great! Sat a little close to the screen and felt a bit sick when they were in the round cages and in the wheel. Best sword fight I have ever sceen. LOVED IT! Cant wait for 3 and for the DVD extra's for #2. We didnt stay till the end :( My fault, air conditioning in the theatre wasnt that great, I was REALLY warm ( I am 8 months pregnant) and I needed some air. So we never saw the extra. If someone would PM what happened that would be great DH would Im sure love to hear.

Cant wait till Feb to go see the ride and all the changes!

Miandrea
07-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Just saw it this afternoon...it was pretty good! I can't wait until the third movie!!!! A little long at times (I can't sit still for a long time without fidgeting). I now have to watch the first movie again to make the connections!

BitsnBearsMom
07-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Saw it yesterday and I think we timed it perfect with the soccer game - theatre was only about 1/2 full :)

Pretty good movie but a tad too long - some parts really dragged. Can't wait to see what happens now in the next one!!

TimNDansMom
07-10-2006, 09:20 AM
DH and I went to see it last night. I had to hurry him up to get to the theatre earlier than usual but he was glad we did when he saw the theatre fill right up! We had excellent seats!

I thought it was a bit long at the beginning but there was also a lot of the plot detail being set-up so you have to pay close attention. I found Tia Dalma difficult to understand. I loved all the special effects and the non-stop action towards the end was fabulous!!

There was only a few who stayed until the end of the credits, which those of us who know the ride would probably understand the clip better. DH isn't a Disney fan so I had to explain it to him.

I'm going to watch the first Pirates again, to refresh my memory on everything.

All in all I really enjoyed Pirates DMC and can't wait until the third one!

cdnmickeylover
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
We actually watched the first movie on DVD in the morning on Saturday and then went to the sequel Saturday afternoon. This I think helped a little bit.

Can't wait for #3 though.

Fiona

SplashMom
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
We saw it last night and really enjoyed it! :thumbsup2 It was packed--we got there early so we had great seats but it filled up so quickly. It was a little long in a few spots but I didn't mind. Can't wait to visit the ride again in August with the Jack additions!! The ending really leads into #3!!

dancin Disney style
07-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Saw it yesterday afternoon. Anybody in the Oakville/Burlington area try Encore cinemas it's only $4 to go to a matinee. Whole family saw movie and had popcorn and drinks for under $30.

Good thing for us we watched Pirates #1 about a month ago so we got the tie in's. I agree that it was a bit long in places but the ending was great. It really makes me want to see #3. I totally loved the special effects for the villan sea creatures.

Mortlives
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
We saw it Friday night, went with a bunch of people and we all dressed as pirates. It was a lot of fun.

Don't forget to stay to the end of the credits.

connorsmom911
07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! I just got a babysitter for Thursday night, made ressies for the Keg for dinner and we're going to the 8pm show. Second time for me, first for dh. My eyes will be peeled! (and my tummy full of steak....mmmmmm....steak....)

Sillyminny40
07-10-2006, 10:26 PM
:cool1: :grouphug: awesome comments!

CanadianPaco
07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Saw it last night and loved it! Did you see the castle at the beginning - before the movie started? It was sooooo beautiful!! :blush:

Donald - my hero
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Saw it last night and loved it! Did you see the castle at the bignning - before the movie started? It was sooooo beautiful!! :blush:

Yuppers sure did. And poked the woman beside me (didn't even KNOW her) and said " I'll be right there watching those fireworks in exactly 5 months Woman was sure i was NUTS and she doesn't even know me :crazy:

mejaie
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM
DD9 and I went on Saturday, I would agree it was a bit long. DD wanted to leave about 2/3rds of the way through. But i convinced her it was almost over. In the end she gave 1 and a half thumbs up. I thought it was pretty good. Only thing missing was right at the end it should have said

to be continued....... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Mickey1Fan
07-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Now I have to go again to stay to the end of the credits.

Donald - my hero
07-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Now I have to go again to stay to the end of the credits.

:wave2: I went again last night (Wednesday July 19) and took hubby. I loved it just as much as the 1st time and actually picked up more that I missed 1st time around. pirate:

We stayed till the end and laughed and clapped.

It is playing at Drive-In -- maybe we'll go again :car: Strange from a woman who rarely goes to the theatre cause we figure waiting till DVD is ok.

declansdad
07-14-2006, 07:30 AM
DW and I saw it last night. It was good but I still like the original better, it seemed to be more non-stop than this one. I did like all the small references to the ride though.

We stayed to the end of the credits (very long) and got nothing except about 10 seconds of the scene where they were about to light the fire under Jack. What exactly is the clip suppose to be?

eta: my mistake has been cleared up. Thanks for the messages.

TimNDansMom
07-14-2006, 11:28 AM
declansdad, that is not the right clip at the end. I'll PM you with details of the correct one.

highland3
07-14-2006, 09:00 PM
We just got home from the theatre. Everyone, including DS-6 loved it.

We were also the only ones sticking around until the end of the credits until I convinced another family they should stay.

The little clip was a hoot... but wow... talk about loooong credits!

Can't wait for POTC #3 pirate:

MikeJ
07-15-2006, 08:59 AM
We thought it most appropriate to see it at the AMC at Downtown Disney, which we did Tuesday afternoon during a torrential downpour. It was cool to hit the PotC ride, watch the movie, then go back and do the ride again. I was a little surprised (given that it was showing at about 6 screens at AMC) but the 2:15 show we were at was packed.

The movie was OK, but it suffered from being the middle movie of the trilogy (think BTTF, LotR, ...). I'll reserve judgement until the third is released next year.

- Mike

Canadave
07-16-2006, 11:50 AM
We took my DW to see it for her birthday on Friday...it was pretty good...I agree with you Mike (suffering from the 2nd of a trilogy syndrome)...it had a lot to live up to, both with comparisons to the first movie and all the hype for this one...however, I thought the first one could stand on it's own, but with this movie, it seemed like the first 2 1/2 hours of a 5 hour movie...a lot of unanswered questions...but still lots of thought provoking scenes :idea:

What was really neat was that our family is usually the ONLY people still in the theatre after the credits for a Disney movie...however, this time there was 3 other families and a single guy watching the ending with us :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see number 2 again (either at the theatre or the many,many times on DVD) :teeth: ...number 3 should be a blast

Baboo
07-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Dh and I went to see it Thursday night with a group of 10 teenagers ranging from 15 to 19 and both boys and girls. Everyone loved it! Some thought the first one was better, others thought this one was. We stayed until the end along with one or two others and loved the final clip. We can't wait for #3!

Mickey Fanatic
07-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Finally saw it last night! I LOVED it! :thumbsup2

I really hope that they are not going to continue with the Elizabeth/Jack match up. I would be sooooo mad! :mad:

Didn't stay for the end of the credits though because I had been ignoring EVERYTHING written about the movie so I would know nothing. I will have to talk DH into seeing it again!

misslissa
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok... I guess I am the only one who doesn't get all the hype!!!

I can't believe how busy this movie has been!

DF and I tried to go to two seperate theatres on Friday, the 14th and couldn't get in. And then! We tried Sunday afternoon and it was sold out again.

Maybe I'll try again tonite later if DF isn't too tired, it is Tuesday after all.

Not that I read tabloids or anything :teeth: But did anyone see Lindsay Lohan and Mickey together dressed as pirates pirate: in the most recent issue of Star!? It had a caption that read something to the effect of "Lindsay Lohan finds a new man!"... :lmao: