PDA

View Full Version : Have anybody used Thrifty at MCO

Goldmoon1380
07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
If you have used thrifty before and can tell me more about them I will appreciate it. I am trying to find out how good this place is because I still need to do the car reservation for our coming trip in Aust. I am trying to use the codes from MouseSavers and a lot of them don't work for me. I think my problem is that I don't even know how to combine the coupon codes. Anyway, so far i think that thrifty came up with the best rate for me. For a compact it gives me $209.97 from Aust 18-27. Does anybody knows is this is a good rate or not. I have been stressing over for weeks trying to find a good rate and trying to play with the coupon codes and is driving me nuts. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mommy*RN
07-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I would love to help you...car ressies are my THING! :)

I have your dates of travel and so I will try plugging those in to some of the other companies...with coupon codes...and see what I can come up with. Do you mind PM'ing me your email address - it would just be easier.

Also - I hold a ressie with Thrifty for October and posted the same question and only received 1 or 2 responses back...but they were positive. The big drawback to Thrifty is that they are off-site from the airport so you need to take a shuttle to their location. That can be time consuming...

Another option is to try www.priceline.com and name your own price. The drawback here is that if your price is matched you have to pay for it right away and it is non-refundable and you cannot cancel the ressie once it is made. A lot of people use Priceline when it is closer to their travel dates with good results.

I have to get my kids up from their naps now - but I will be on later tonight and I will play around with your dates.

What type of car would you really prefer??? Compact, midsize, fullsize, SUV, minivan...let me know!

Hope I can help you!

mommy*RN
07-08-2006, 06:16 PM
I just plugged your dates in on Thrifty really quick and here are the BASE rates I got...I used the code WMRT for these:
Compact: $252.40
Midsize: $266.99
Fullsize: $310.43
Premium: $225.03
SUV: $223.19
Van: $358.81
*Remember, these prices are the BASE - no taxes or other fees have been added yet...they end price will be higher.

I think the SUV has the lowest rate because of the gas prices being so high so take that into consideration! The Premium car is a Chrysler Pacifica or similar and is a good rate (strange - ey???)

My advice - if you find a good rate...BOOK IT! You can always cancel it if something better comes along...but if prices go up up and up you can never get the lower price you saw before...

mommy*RN
07-08-2006, 06:27 PM
My poor kids - I am soooo addicted to trying to find someone a great car rental rate!

Alamo has a midsize SUV for total price of $267.16 for your dates.

Here's the codes:
I.D. - 430710
Rate/Product Code - BY
Coupon Code - D24C (good only for SUV's and Minivans I think)

The midsize SUV is a Chevy Equinox or similar...

maux
07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I've rented from them a bunch of times and I love them. If you're thinking of renting from them, go to their website & join their Blue Chip Program. As a member, all you have to do is sign & drive. They're great, I highly recomend them. :

maux donald:

rlduvall
07-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm not the OP, but mommy*RN, you are so sweet to help them out. :hug: Even if your kids are being ignored, :teeth: as is mine while I am now on the computer playing. :surfweb:

Goldmoon1380
07-08-2006, 09:34 PM
My poor kids - I am soooo addicted to trying to find someone a great car rental rate!

Alamo has a midsize SUV for total price of $267.16 for your dates.

Here's the codes:
I.D. - 430710
Rate/Product Code - BY
Coupon Code - D24C (good only for SUV's and Minivans I think)

The midsize SUV is a Chevy Equinox or similar...

Thank you so much for all your help. I am sorry I couldn't get back sooner, I just posted and had to go out. I will PM you my email. Thank you.

lgazz
07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
We rented a convertible Sebring from Thrifty MCO during our last trip to WDW in April, 2006. The rate was great...better than anything I could have gotten at any of the other agencies...Something like $200 for 8 days.
The shuttle service was OK...no comments good or bad.
I think I read previously that some people warned that Thrifty tries to gig you for damage charges upon return of the vehicle. We were aware of these claims, so we were extra careful to document EVERYTHING that was not perfect when we picked up the vehicle. We had no problems when returning the car.

One thing to be aware of...Thrifty may be the only agency that CHARGES for additional drivers. When I added DH to the contract, the price jumped quite a bit. So, we just decided to register him on the contract and I'd be the co-pilot!