PDA

View Full Version : Springhill Suites at Marriott Village

Disney D
07-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi, I'm staying here from August 24th - Sept 4th. Have any of you stayed here before and if so what can you tell me about it? Any little details will do, it all adds to the excitement.

I was wondering if they had 2 TV's in their suites. In the pics I've seen there is a TV in the living area, and I don't know if there is also one in the bedroom......... oooooooooo I hope so.

Also, off topic, does anyone have any idea what the crowds are like end of August?

mbb
07-09-2006, 05:58 AM
We've never stayed there, but I'll give you a little lift up to the top of the page:)

You can take a boo at www.tripadvisor.com too. Just remember to take the "good reviews with the not-so-good", and all with a grain of salt:)

It'l be hottttttttt!!! Drink lots of water!

The crowds should be a little lighter than the rest of the summer. Lots of the southern states go back to school those last two weeks of August, so it should be better.

Don't forget to write a review of your hotel for us when you get home! A "Live!" report would be fun too - if you're taking your laptop:teeth:

Have a great trip!!

:sunny:

powellrj
07-09-2006, 08:20 AM
we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was really nice. We had a double and we had 2 tvs, but in the pictures it looks like you may only get 2 tvs with the double, not the king. You may want to call and ask. It was a very nice place to stay and the breakfast was really nice in the morning!

Disney D
07-10-2006, 03:36 AM
we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was really nice. We had a double and we had 2 tvs, but in the pictures it looks like you may only get 2 tvs with the double, not the king. You may want to call and ask. It was a very nice place to stay and the breakfast was really nice in the morning!

Thanks for that, we've booked a suite with 2 doubles so we should get 2 TV's. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there, hope we do too.

MBB, I'd love to write a review when I get back.... sorry no laptop for a live report though !!

Thanks for all the tips.

safetymom
07-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Personally we enjoyed the Fairfield more. Breakfast was good at the Springhill.

Disney D
07-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Personally we enjoyed the Fairfield more. Breakfast was good at the Springhill.

Oh no... Maybe I should have booked the Fairfield then, and it's the cheaper of the 3 !!!!!!!!!!

Actually I think I made the right choice for me, as we wanted a suite, not just a room. Looking forward to the breakfast. Can you remember if they have anything hot, like eggs, bacon, sausage?

safetymom
07-11-2006, 04:58 AM
I was dissapointed in what they called a suite. The Fairfield has a fridge and a microwave. They had hot make your own waffles. Don't remember eggs, bacon, sausage. If you want that type of breakfast you could always eat at the restaurant at the Courtyard.

Disney D
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I was dissapointed in what they called a suite. The Fairfield has a fridge and a microwave. They had hot make your own waffles. Don't remember eggs, bacon, sausage. If you want that type of breakfast you could always eat at the restaurant at the Courtyard.

I just want a simple breakfast really, I'm glad there are no eggs etc. I don't want to put on too many pounds while I'm away and it's easier if the temptation is not there. I'm not bothered about a microwave.... but definately want a fridge and as long as the bedroom is seperate from the living area then I'm very happy. From the photo's I've seen the bedroom in Springhill is completely seperate so that's fantastic. Thanks for your help.

safetymom
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I had a half wall between the living room and bedroom.

Disney D
07-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I had a half wall between the living room and bedroom.

Yes, that's how it is in the photo's. Fantastic, can't wait. Only 6 more weeks and I'll be there. Yippeeeeeeeeeee :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Owen's Mom
07-12-2006, 09:26 PM
We stayed here in May of this year. The hotel is very clean and nice. We stayed in a handicapped accessible room on the first floor - with a king bed. My stepdaughter slept on the pullout couch - which we turned sideways -otherwise we never would have been able to get thru to the bathroom. There was 2 tv's - less than 10 feet from each other, so sometimes got a little noisy in the room. The "suite" isn't that large - but was more than enough room for us. It's very close to the Disney parks, and there are a couple of great restaurants right next door. Another perk is that the washing machines come with their own detergent built into the machine. There is also free wireless internet - so we brought the laptop and downloaded the pics each night onto a cd. I would absolutely stay here again!!

Disney D
07-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Thank you so much Owen's Mum. Your info was really helpful. The washing machines are not free to use are they????

The room should be fine for us, It's only me and my 17 year old daughter going. My husband and I couldn't take holiday at the same time this year so it's our first time abroad without him. The driving is a little worrying but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. And you say the parks are very close, so that's brilliant

I can't tell you how excited I am :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thank you

dizagain
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi! We stayed there in 2003 and really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was awesome to have on hand. We had the double suite and the half wall was plenty for us. Our DD's and I could sleep just fine while DH stayed up late on the computer and watching tv. The fridge and microwave were great to have and we always kept cold water bottles to take to the parks. I HATE driving in un-familiar places and I made a few runs in to the parks with no problems...signs everywhere and you're so close to the parks and Downtown Disney. Also some nice restaurants within walking distance. The complex has a nice convenience/snack place as well which was nice. The pool setting was also better than I expected - very tropical feel. :) ENJOY!

OOPS! I forgot...the Pizza Hut pizza on-site was the most expensive I have EVER bought...beware!

Disney D
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi! We stayed there in 2003 and really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was awesome to have on hand. We had the double suite and the half wall was plenty for us. Our DD's and I could sleep just fine while DH stayed up late on the computer and watching tv. The fridge and microwave were great to have and we always kept cold water bottles to take to the parks. I HATE driving in un-familiar places and I made a few runs in to the parks with no problems...signs everywhere and you're so close to the parks and Downtown Disney. Also some nice restaurants within walking distance. The complex has a nice convenience/snack place as well which was nice. The pool setting was also better than I expected - very tropical feel. :) ENJOY!

OOPS! I forgot...the Pizza Hut pizza on-site was the most expensive I have EVER bought...beware!

Thank you Dizagain... that's got me more excited! I'm sure the suite will be just fine for us too. Thanks for the warning about Pizza Hut, I will definately avoid it.

You've given me a bit of confidence with the driving....... I wish I could practise over here in the UK but I don't know anyone with a lefthand car. It would be nice if there was a driving centre where people who are going on holiday to the US could go and have a little practise.