PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hotel Food

Rudy6
07-07-2006, 10:03 PM
How is the food at the Nick Hotel?

I find Holiday Inn food to be, well, bad. Let me know about the Nick Hotel. Thanks.

:hourglass

TerBear4
07-08-2006, 12:38 PM
It's okay! We only ate the breakfast buffet because it was such a great price deal - Adults 9.99 and kids free, so we had breakfast each morning for $20. Nearly the same price it cost us one morning prior to checking in at McDonalds. It's all you can eat, so I ate tons of fresh fruit, cereal, and muffins. The eggs, pancakes, sausages, etc were sometimes warm, sometimes not. Again, you can go back as often as you like.

The food court has a Subway, A & W and a Pizza Hut.

Hope this helps!

Rudy6
07-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks

:dance3: :bitelip: :grouphug: :Pinkbounc :goodvibes :cool1: :3dglasses :happytv: popcorn:: :beach: pixiedust: :dancer: :figment:

FSUDisneyGirl
07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
There's also a Barnie's coffee in the food court..we got a bunch of donuts and brought them back to the room for breakfast one day, i think they were about $1.50 each. have fun! :)

lovindonald
07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I found the dinner buffets to be the best of the 3 meals. They have a large selection and the theme varies, Seafood, Prime Rib and on Friday nights, Italian. Even though we don't eat seafood or prime rib, there were enough other things to eat that we didn't go hungry and we all ate for price of one adult since I was alone with my 3 kids under 12. It was a steal. They have a specialty dish being cooked by a chef each night. One thing I didn't especially like was that nobody knew what was made with peanuts and what wasn't ( I have a peanut allergic child). I had to really stick with the basics with her, like salad bar. The kids bar was great for my kids, they loved the chicken tenders and burgers. Hope that helps!! When are you going? I will be there again in mid-late August.

KATHINOWA
07-10-2006, 06:19 PM
One thing I didn't especially like was that nobody knew what was made with peanuts and what wasn't ( I have a peanut allergic child).

I'm so disappointed to read this. We will be staying there 8/17-24 with a peanut allergic 8 year old. I was hoping the hotel would be more accommodating than that. I guess Disney has me spoiled that way. If you have any suggestions or dos and don'ts, I'd really appreciate it.

Rudy6
07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks, we check in August 11th and check out August 13th; then off to WDW.

KATHINOWA
07-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Lovindonald--Just wondering...Was your peanut allergic child able to eat from the kids bar (chicken tenders/burgers)? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

lovindonald
07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey there! Yes she was able to eat from the kid's buffet but I was more careful about the desserts since there was pb cookies there. They did bring me cookies from the back that had not been mixed with the others yet but it still made me nervous. BTW, such a coincidence, we will be there at the same time next month. We are checking in on the 18th and leaving the same day as you. If you have not been there before, be sure to ask for a room on the lagoon pool side. That pool is SO much better than the other one. It is bigger and that is where the mini golf, sprayground (the large one for little kids), basketball court, and the huge tower you see in all the ads is. I was not impressed with the other pool at all. Maybe we will see each other there!!

grgich
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Wow, we check in to Nick Suites on August 10th, check out on August 13th and move over to the Yacht Club for the free dining promotion! We'll have to compare notes on the Nick Suites..... I've seen good and bad reviews, am hoping for the best, bracing for the worst. My kids REALLY want to go, so we are fitting it in this trip.