PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Happy Meal Toys From McDonalds

summerrluvv
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
McDonalds has POTC happy meal toys out! They are cute too! We got the skull today that is like a magic 8 ball, when you shake it a message appears in his eye under the patch. I'd like to get some more of these if anyone has any they don't want/need. I have other unopened happy meal toys to trade from over the years and I'm not sure what we have, but I can go through them. I'm having a pirate themed bday party for DS in January (I'm an early planner LOL) so after getting a Happy Meal today I thought these would be cute as a party favor for the guests. I'd rather not buy 15 more Happy Meals, so if anyone has any they don't want or duplicates, please PM me!! pirate: pirate:

Also, do you think McDonald's would sell the Happy Meal boxes to me for cheap? Has anyone ever done that before? LOL. The boxes are so cute with the POTC stuff on them, I thought those would be perfect to put the favors in ;)

pirate:

Noah122898
07-07-2006, 11:35 AM
You can purchase the Happy Meal toys without the meal, they are like $1.99. pirate:

liznboys
07-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I saw that ebay has all the Happy Meal pirate toys now.

We got our first one yesterday...my DS6 got the skull that you mention. His brothers got Cars toys. So I told him that he might have been the VERY first one to receive one of the pirate toys since they weren't officially starting to give them out till today. ;)

I bet they would sell (maybe give??) you the boxes, that's a great idea!! ::yes::

summerrluvv
07-07-2006, 11:46 AM
You can purchase the Happy Meal toys without the meal, they are like $1.99. pirate:

Yeah, I know that..but $30.00 on happy meal toys is a lot ;) pirate:

I saw them on ebay but the people want a small fortune for them. Most are going for more than the price of the Happy Meal itself LOL

Anyone seen the movie yet? We are going later today to a matinee..I hope it's not packed! :crowded: popcorn::

p2oh
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I just got one for lunch and it was the skull cap. It is pretty cute, we saw the movie at the midnight showing last night, it was awesome!

cats mom
07-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I know that..but $30.00 on happy meal toys is a lot ;) pirate:

I saw them on ebay but the people want a small fortune for them. Most are going for more than the price of the Happy Meal itself LOL

Anyone seen the movie yet? We are going later today to a matinee..I hope it's not packed! :crowded: popcorn::

My DD's went to the midnight show.

Unfortunately I don't have many details yet since DD #2 is still asleep and DD #1 barely got up in time to make it to the airport for her 10:30am flight this morning.

DD #1 did say she thought it was darker/scarier than the first POC movie.
(I was trying to get a feel for whether I should give in and take my youngest today or not)
She said she almost felt like it was too much of a bridge between the 1st movie and the next one. Not as much story line as she hoped for and of course lots of loose ends left at the end.

Her opinion: not as good as the 1st movie but still worth seeing.

And I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to take my youngest (who has been counting down to the release date for weeks now) Wish me luck if I say no.

You think I could buy her off with a McD's Pirate Happy Meal? :rolleyes:

taximomfor4
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I am an adult (although somewhat sensitive to gory/scary/suspenseful stuff. I thought the movie was pretty violent and dark. I will wait till it is out on DVD before letting my other kids see it. Maybe it won't be as dark on a smaller screen.

I, too, felt like it was a "bridge" to #3. Now the agony of waiting. :sad2:

lindakmonty
07-07-2006, 02:58 PM
:woohoo: thanks for sharing...I'm off to McD's now !

lpizzuro123
07-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Just found out the other week (while I was collecting my Cars Happy Meal Toys) that the McDonalds in the mall by me has Happy Meals for .99 (yes .99) after 4:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. For that price, I purchased two meals - rather than pay for just the toy.

Linda

mamalle
07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
we all saw the movie this am and loved it. Of course headed over the mcd's for a happy meal- the kiddos got the banada hat and have been wearing it all afternoon.

jiminyC_fan
07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Just found out the other week (while I was collecting my Cars Happy Meal Toys) that the McDonalds in the mall by me has Happy Meals for .99 (yes .99) after 4:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. For that price, I purchased two meals - rather than pay for just the toy.

Linda
Now that's a good deal!!

ceecee
07-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Our McD's have a family night on Mondays. Free Happy Meal with purchase of an extra value meal.
The toys would be awesome party favors for a birthday party. I would just pay the $1.99 hamburger price, ask them to put everything in a bag so the boxes are still new and then get juice boxes, milk and apples for later. We've done that before.

PaulaSue
07-07-2006, 05:37 PM
OP cute idea for the party! Good luck finding all you need. :thumbsup2

LoriZH
07-07-2006, 05:55 PM
We got the skull in one and the bandana in the other. I don't know why they gave us the 2nd one now, but the boys now have two pieces to the puzzle. We are going to the movie tomorrow, I can't wait. I have no doubt that I am going to love it, Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow is a 100% guarantee for me. We watched 1 today to get us in the mood :goodvibes

summerrluvv
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
We just got back from the movie and DS Loved it!! When it was over, he asked if we could see it AGAIN! I think his dad is taking him back tomorrow LOL. He LOVES LOVES LOVES pirates and watches #1 over and over and a few parts he jumped at, but really liked it.

I thought it wasn't as good as the first..too many scary looking people in this one! The ending was a little weird, but like others have said..it's a bridge to the next one.

I even got a free POTC t-shirt! A little large, but cute. My theater was offering a free t-shirt if you filled out an application for a Disney Visa, so of course I did it pirate:

sbpuckett
07-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I think we're the last to get everything! Our MCD's has the promo up but we haven't gotten all of the cars yet, still one week to go (starts tomorrow). So... I'm guessing we'll get the Pirates toys starting mid-week or so. We don't usually go to MCD's so much but the toys this summer have my boys picking it if we go out for lunch. I'm sure I'll end up with some extras so I'll post them if I get them.

DaisyD
07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Our McDs sells the toys for only .99.

DisneyTarheel
07-08-2006, 09:27 PM
McDonalds has POTC happy meal toys out! They are cute too! We got the skull today that is like a magic 8 ball, when you shake it a message appears in his eye under the patch.If you can actually *read* the message, your eyes are better than mine. pirate: