PDA

View Full Version : My recent (very positive!) skyauction experience

mrsmagic
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
This week I won 2 separate skyauction auctions. One was called "land and seafood", and the second was "room and board". I paid $171 for one and $165 for the other, and that included fees. Within a day, skyauction sent me an email that my package of certificates had been shipped UPS, and I then called them and they gave me my certificate numbers over the phone. I called the getawayweeks number, and booked 2 consecutive weeks at Orbit One condos for January 2007.

It was really easy, and I am still amazed that I have 2 weeks for only $336! Plus, the auctions included $200 in gift certificates for seafood and steak restaurants which we will use during an upcoming trip out east.

If you are going during an off season, it is a great deal.

spiceycat
07-07-2006, 10:05 AM
yes I do love skyauction myself...

DawnM
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I haven't ever heard of ones that included food. Very cool. I will have to look next time. Are they condos?

We have used SkyAuction 4 times now for Orlando and stayed in Vacation Village each time.

Dawn

mrsmagic
07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, they are condos. The auctions that include gift certificates also use RCI condos, but it looked like less choices compared to the "Ready, Set, Go" auctions. Also, there is a link to check availability, but you can't book your week until after you win, so there is a bit more risk involved. When you win, you choose which restaurant you want a certificate from, and I don't think any are in Orlando. Still, the auctions close for about $100 less than Ready Set Go, so it made sense for us.

festivedaisy
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
WOW! Great deals. Thanks for the info. I usually book the Ready, Set, Go, but these look like much better deals.

PhotobearSam
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up...I usually get the Ready Set Go but this is really nice.