PDA

View Full Version : eBay... opinion needed please!

samanthacatangel
07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I buy and sell on eBay for the last few years. I won an auction on 6/24 for a Dora doll + clothes, which was something my dd4 wanted for her birthday. I paid via Paypal on 6/25. No word from seller, until I emailed her asking for date of shipment on 7/3 (was supposed to be shipped Parcel Post).

I receive an email back from her on 7/5 saying she received the package back b/c the address label was somehow ripped off, and she was sorry for the inconvenience, and she could re-mail this Friday 7/7.

I responded I need the package by 7/13 for dd birthday, and please advise if this was possible on 7/5. Never heard back. Asked again (nicely) on 7/6. No response. Emailed her directly today.

Also she has over 1300 feedbacks, over 99.8% positive.

My dd only asked for 2 things for her birthday....this doll and a Cinderella doll. I would like to make sure it was shipped and will arrive on time, but if not, I need to order it from another source.

How would you proceed?

Thanks for your comments!!

Samantha

lost*in*cyberspace
07-07-2006, 07:46 AM
You could pull the seller's contact info and telephone. If you cannot reach her this way and she continues to be non-responsive to emails, I'd email one last time and politely inform her that you consider the auction void. Of course, this is assuming that you previously informed the seller of the importance of receiving this item by a certain date.

Personally, I'd file an item not received dispute with PayPal, then if getting this on time is really important, I'd buy from another source. You can always resell the original one, if you ever receive it.

blondimom
07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I'd try to find the toy somewhere else and put in a dispute with Paypal on this item.

ceecee
07-07-2006, 07:55 AM
I would call her as well, since she didn't respond to your email. Maybe she could mail it priority instead of parcel. It's not your fault the label came off, that's what I woudl do as a seller, of course I also would have mailed it out again that day or the next. Her feedback sounds good that's a plus. Do you really have time to order another and have it shipped? Is she young enough that you could have someone call and say they are Dora and that she is sending her a special surprise? Good Luck!

babiesX2
07-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Another vote for giving her a call and letting her know your urgency. :goodvibes

samanthacatangel
07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the responses. She emailed me today, and said her sister had twins, so she's been very busy and she would re-ship the package Priority (which she hadn't said previously) by tomorrow.

As long as I receive it by Thursday, I will be happy!

Thanks for the input, and I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but if it doesn't arrive by Friday I will put in a dispute w/Paypal.

Samantha

BTW Love the idea of the Dora phone call....thanks ceecee!

robinb
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Yay! It sounds like it will be there on time :).