PDA

View Full Version : Changing dates w/free dining

TeresaMc
07-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Do you think that they will let us change our dates by a week and still keep the free dining??? DS was going to take a friend and now the friend cannot go and DH has decided to go. The problem is that he cannont go the dates that we are planning on going due to his work schedule, we would need to go one week earlier. Anyone had any luck changing their dates??

Cruz Family
07-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Do you think that they will let us change our dates by a week and still keep the free dining??? DS was going to take a friend and now the friend cannot go and DH has decided to go. The problem is that he cannont go the dates that we are planning on going due to his work schedule, we would need to go one week earlier. Anyone had any luck changing their dates??

I sure am no expert but I really doubt it. I think you would have to make a whole new ressie. Because free dining is over I don't think you would get the free dining on the new ressie. Hopefully someone else knows for sure.
You may want to post this question on the dining plan forum, you may get more responses. Hope it helped, Melissa

dodukes
07-07-2006, 05:54 AM
I think all you will have to do is pay a penalty if you are within the 45 days, when i booked it didnt sound like you couldnt, as long as the week is still within the free dindig period, i would just call an ask.

safetymom
07-07-2006, 06:07 AM
It depends on whether there are any rooms left during those dates with free dining. There was a limited number of rooms for that promotion.

TeresaMc
07-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Well I managed to get it changed, sort of, after nearly 2.5 hours on the phone with WDW.

We were staying at ASSp(DS's choice for the second time since we got moved last year). The first time I called, I was told there was no free dining available for my dates. Well, I had to change, so booked with BPN code but unfortunately it was only available at ASMu or POP (poor DS doesn't get his choice again) Made a fairly significant increase in our package price but it is what I had to do. After hanging up the phone I realized if I was spending that much using the code at a deluxe was only about $350 more, so I decided to go for it. Called back and spoke to a very nice CM who said if I had free dining I should be able to keep free dining but he needed to talk to guest relations. I was on hold for a very long time (he kept coming back on the line saying be patient) After about 30 minutes on hold I was confirmed at WL with free dining. Now I know it is a few hundred $$$$ more that my original package, but only $140 more than what I was going to pay at POP without the free dining. I am so excited, as I have never stayed at a deluxe before. And DS wasn't too upset when I told him he didn'tget ASSp again, but we are now staying at WL.

calypso*a*go-go
07-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Happy to hear it worked out for you! :goodvibes