PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from the Chase Sony Visa!

shades
07-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I signed up for instant credit for this card for the advertised free $100 credit after first purchase offer - plus, Sony claims to "apply" rewards points earned on purchases made on their Sonystyle.com site to those purchases.

So, it has taken me 6 weeks and about 50 phone calls to get the $167 reward points credit applied to my account for the purchase and now the battle is starting all over again for the $100 "first purchase" credit. I called Chase (it's their bankcard), and asked about the $100 credit and they tell me it's Sony's problem and transfer me - without telling me first they are doing so - to Sony. Sony tells me "no, it's a bank card promotion" and the rep put in a request to elevate the issue. She told me rather than sending me back to Chase, that somebody from Sony will call Chase and then call me back in 48hrs with a resolution. So, I figured, ok - I know this is a bank promotion and I called the bank back. I explained the entire problem all over again and ask her to please not transfer me back to Sony. She put me on hold and came back stating that she "couldn't find the $100 offer anywhere and do I still have a copy of the promotion." Well, since I've been reading on the Disboards for awhile, I now know this is a canned statement by Chase reps because many a frantic Dis poster has searched for the Chase Disney $50 offer to prove to a Chase rep they signed up for said offer. I told the rep, "yea - I have it - it's all over the Sony website" - so, then she got snippy and said: "I didn't see it and that is why I'm asking you - and I'm sorry you are inconvenienced and have to go through with this...blah, blah, blah...." She then proceeded to tell me, ok, I'll submit a request for you to get the $100 credit. I asked when I would see it posted on my account and she tells me "it should be on the next billing cycle." Argh!! 3 billing cycles have passed already!

I was going to just close the account and blow off the $100 because it just wasn't worth the frustration I've gone through so far...but, now I'm more determined than ever. What really bites is that I have 2 cards to go through this with - one in my name and a seperate account in dh's name. At the time, it made sense to get 2 cards - just for the $200....geez...I can't wait to be done with this so I can close these.

So, word to the wise, save your sign-up offers because Chase is trying to skip out on paying out what they have promised. Now, what to do with my one good Disney card?? I did just close the extra Disney card yesterday that I got for the $50 rewards dollars...I took my rewards card to the mall and purchased Disney Dollars. That one was easy...everything was done within 2 months.

I think I'm just going to stick with my USAA rewards card. Their customer service is consistantly friendly and helpful.

formernyer
07-06-2006, 06:19 PM
i got this card about a year and a half ago (when the bonus was $150). i got the bonus money right away, used it up, and never used the card again.

i was very happy with this deal.