PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by SleepyDog Does Disney-Movie quotes

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
After reading SleepyDog Does Disney thread I though it would be kind of cool to start one with famous movie quotes.

Here is how it works:

The poster will give a famous quote from a movie, Disney or Non-Disney and the person who gets it correct writes the next quote and so on.

I will start.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

barkley
07-06-2006, 08:26 PM
apocolypes now (robert duval).

in the same spirit-"they awoke a sleeping giant".

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Is it Pearl Harbor?

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
bumping

barkley
07-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Is it Pearl Harbor?
think older better flick on the same subject

sleepydog25
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
After reading SleepyDog Does Disney thread I though it would be kind of cool to start one with famous movie quotes.

Here is how it works:

The poster will give a famous quote from a movie, Disney or Non-Disney and the person who gets it correct writes the next quote and so on.

I will start.

I love the smell of napalm in the morningHoly crap, Batman! I knew yours cg! lol Let's see, how about TORA! TORA! TORA!, barkley?

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
My next guees was..... Midway, but I like TORA! TORA! TORA!'s chances

sleepydog25
07-14-2006, 08:18 AM
A shameless bump, but I like the thread. . .I'll claim TTT as the correct movie and submit another line..........

Ship out of danger?
"Yes."
I have been and always shall be. . .your friend. . .

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
A shameless bump, but I like the thread. . .I'll claim TTT as the correct movie and submit another line..........

Ship out of danger?
"Yes."

Since you and I, are the only ones intersted in this thread, I will say I am stumped on the last quote and say:

"It is a mistery, wrapped in a riddle, inside an Enigma".

Jessd
07-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Since you and I, are the only ones intersted in this thread, I will say I am stumped on the last quote and say:

"It is a mistery, wrapped in a riddle, inside an Enigma".

Is it the Da Vinci Code?

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Is it the Da Vinci Code?

Nope older film. Early 90's.

nkjzmom
07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
JFK???

nkjzmom
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Here's one of my favorites...

"Well, off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros, and a Leon Spinks. Oh, and the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
JFK???

You are right. Now we need your movie quote.

nkjzmom
07-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Here's one of my favorites...

"Well, off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros, and a Leon Spinks. Oh, and the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Okay...I'm quoting myself...

Surely that one is not too hard. :scratchin

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Ocean's eleven?

sleepydog25
07-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Ocean's eleven?I believe you are correct, and a big HELLO to Jessd and nkjzmom for joining us! We are but a few yet, but stick with us and spread the word. :thumbsup2

horsegirl
07-15-2006, 08:17 AM

Ship out of danger?
"Yes."

May I play? I answered this one, on another thread, not knowing there was a game started here....

Star Trek, Wrath of Khan.....

sleepydog25
07-15-2006, 08:50 AM
May I play? I answered this one, on another thread, not knowing there was a game started here....

Star Trek, Wrath of Khan.....Horsey! Of course you may play. In fact, I humbly beseech you to do so. Yes, you answer then post another and, no, macho movies aren't required. Some of us do watch chick flicks on occasion. Under duress.

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 09:56 AM
This one is an easy one, to keep the flow going:

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine"

horsegirl
07-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Welcome Welcome....I am excited now.

This one is an easy one, to keep the flow going:

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine"

Casablanca!

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Right you are . Now your quote,,,

horsegirl
07-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Right you are . Now your quote,,,

"Let me see if I've got this straight: in order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy and I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy any more and I have to keep flying. "

sleepydog25
07-15-2006, 01:03 PM
"Let me see if I've got this straight: in order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy and I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy any more and I have to keep flying. "Catch 22. Cool movie.

"These are serious times. And serious times call for serious answers. . .My name is Andrew Shephard, and I AM the president."

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Catch 22. Cool movie.

"These are serious times. And serious times call for serious answers. . .My name is Andrew Shephard, and I AM the president."

The American President. Annette Benning never looked better.

'Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn'"

barkley
07-15-2006, 01:33 PM
gone with the wind.

'when you're slideing into first and you're bladder's bout to burst-sing diahareah, diareahah'

followed by 'where did you learn that? 'last year at summer camp'. 'MY that was money well spent'.

sleepydog25
07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
The American President. Annette Benning never looked better.

'Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn'"Barkley beat me to the punch on GWTW, but I had to say that Annette actually looked better in The Grifters. :teeth:

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 01:49 PM
gone with the wind.

'when you're slideing into first and you're bladder's bout to burst-sing diahareah, diareahah'

followed by 'where did you learn that? 'last year at summer camp'. 'MY that was money well spent'.

Is it National Lampoons Vacation.???

mommiepoppins
07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
" she is not a girl she is a sisiter"
aristocats

barkley
07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Is it National Lampoons Vacation.???

nope-think steve martin as a 'dad'...

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 02:00 PM
nope-think steve martin as a 'dad'...

I knew it was a goofy dad saying it. PARENTHOOD

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 02:01 PM
" she is not a girl she is a sisiter"
aristocats

actually it is :

"You are not a lady, You are nothing but a sister"

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 02:06 PM
"Surely you can't be serious, I am serious and don't call me Shirley"

TheOtherVillainess
07-15-2006, 02:33 PM
AIRPLANE!
Loved that movie.

That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol.

TOV

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Steel Magnolias?.

"You Just shot an unarmed man."
" He should have armed himself if he was going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

horsegirl
07-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Steel Magnolias?.

" He should have armed himself if he was going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

Unforgiven. Clint is one talented guy.

"It was strange the way it happened. One of those quirks of fate. One of those moments when the chips are down, you're trapped, there's no way out and even if there was it would probably be a one way ticket to the bottom of the bay. Then you get a break! All of the pieces seem to fit into place. It took a small aciddent to make it happen. AN ACCIDENT! And that is how I discovered the secret. That elusive ingredient, that... spark that is the breath of life... yes I have that knowledge! I hold the key to life... ITSELF!"

horsegirl
07-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Steel Magnolias?.

Unforgiven. Clint is one talented dude. I loved his early westerns, but I am a horsegirl. So that is no surprize. Here is another one I love.....it might be less in keeping with one's image of me.....

"It was strange the way it happened. One of those quirks of fate. One of those moments when the chips are down, you're trapped, there's no way out and even if there was it would probably be a one way ticket to the bottom of the bay. Then you get a break! All of the pieces seem to fit into place. It took a small aciddent to make it happen. AN ACCIDENT! And that is how I discovered the secret. That elusive ingredient, that... spark that is the breath of life... yes I have that knowledge! I hold the key to life... ITSELF! "

sleepydog25
07-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Unforgiven. Clint is one talented dude. I loved his early westerns, but I am a horsegirl. So that is no surprize. Here is another one I love.....it might be less in keeping with one's image of me.....

"It was strange the way it happened. One of those quirks of fate. One of those moments when the chips are down, you're trapped, there's no way out and even if there was it would probably be a one way ticket to the bottom of the bay. Then you get a break! All of the pieces seem to fit into place. It took a small aciddent to make it happen. AN ACCIDENT! And that is how I discovered the secret. That elusive ingredient, that... spark that is the breath of life... yes I have that knowledge! I hold the key to life... ITSELF! "Racking my sorry excuse for a brain on this one. . .it seems so familiar yet remains an enigma. . .I shall keep thinking.

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-17-2006, 07:47 AM
I Believe The Rocky Horror Picture Show ??

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I think I was right on the last one. Here a classic for you horsegirl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You forget one thing. We took a contract.
It's sure not the kind any court would enforce.
That's just the kind you've got to keep.

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Shameless, Shameless Bump....

jimmalru80
07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
"The Magnificent Seven".

My quote is "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes".

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Terms of endearment??

jimmalru80
07-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Correct on "Terms..."

How about "my practices aren't designed for your enjoyment".

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Tha one I got right away.

Hoossiers.

How About: "The uh stuff that dreams are made of."

jimmalru80
07-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Sam Spade in "The Maltese Falcon".

sleepydog25
07-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Sam Spade in "The Maltese Falcon".I believe that is correct, but since another quote wasn't given, then here we go:
Does your dog bite?
No.
(Dog bites first man.)
I thought you said your dog didn't bite!
He's not my dog.

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I believe that is correct, but since another quote wasn't given, then here we go:
Does your dog bite?
No.
(Dog bites first man.)
I thought you said your dog didn't bite!
He's not my dog.

I give up.. but lets keep it going........

sleepydog25
08-06-2006, 12:27 AM
I give up.. but lets keep it going........Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther (though it might be in the second one). Okay, here's an easier one:
"Captain! Thar be whales!"

dahuffy
08-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Moby Dick

Here goes: "You got a lot to offer a girl"

sleepydog25
08-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Moby Dick

Here goes: "You got a lot to offer a girl"While that is entirely possible, that's not the movie in question. . .but I'll give it to you since it could be in that movie, as well. Your quote sounds like it belongs to an old black and white film. . .let me ruminate upon this one. . .

DAggiesRWe
02-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Moby Dick

Here goes: "You got a lot to offer a girl"

Grease (Rizzo to Danny)

"While you're at it why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it".

DW and I play this game on long road trips.

DAggiesRWe
02-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther (though it might be in the second one). Okay, here's an easier one:
"Captain! Thar be whales!"

BTW, this was "Star Trek, The Voyage Home", Scotty to Kirk after beaming up a pair of Humpbacks to the modified transporter chamber on the bird of prey.

DAggiesRWe
02-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Dang it, I just looked at the dates and realized how old this thread was. I was doing some Sleepydog25 research and came across it. Maybe we can resurrect the game? :)

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Grease (Rizzo to Danny)

"While you're at it why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it".

DW and I play this game on long road trips.

I am game for bringing this thread back to life. Of course I was the original poster so I dont count.

Anyway this quote is from the Princess Bride and it was Miracle Maxx that said it after he was reminded that Prince Humperdink fire him.

My quote is:

You can loose a lot of money chassing women, but you will never lose women chasing money.

DAggiesRWe
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I am game for bringing this thread back to life. Of course I was the original poster so I dont count.

Anyway this quote is from the Princess Bride and it was Miracle Maxx that said it after he was reminded that Prince Humperdink fire him.

My quote is:

You can loose a lot of money chassing women, but you will never lose women chasing money.

I think I love my wife - good quote from a lousy movie.

Let's see if we can get some Disney involvement with an easy one:

"You are a sad, strange little man and I pity you."

popcorn::