PDA

View Full Version : 3 days and 2 nights free hotel rooms

drcorey
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Has anyone here ever used these free hotel room certificates?
they say good for 3 days 2 nights in around 20 citys, like Orlando and Anihiem. I want to find out if they are nice places or you end up at a old motel on some wierd highway.
http://www.3day2nights.com/freecertificateoffer.html

goofyforlife
07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
In Orlando two years ago we ended up at the Ramada on 192 (west of Disney).

We were adding 2 days to a trip so i was glad it wasn't my whole stay.

We were charged a resort fee too per night....

I was glad it was free because i wouldn't have paid to stay there again.

kaytieeldr
07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Right off the bat, there are too many quotation marks and capitalized words for my comfort.
I wouldn't have ANY idea if it's legitimate or a scam (okay, I see from the first reply that it's more or less legitimate) but they have a funny definition of free: $15 reservation fee, $9 - $12 per night in taxes, small(?) surcharges for weekends and/or for bookings less than 60 days away...

lizziepooh
07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I currently have 2 different "free" 2 night certificates that we were given for attending a car dealership open house. Reading the fine print, you have to attend timeshare presentations and there is a $50 booking fee which you are supposed to get back once you complete your stay. I would definitely read the fine print so you know what you are getting into.
We had a free 2 night stay a couple years ago in Orlando and it was at the Holiday Inn Niki Bird on 192. I wasn't impressed as we were given a room that looked directly into a cement block wall, which made the room very dark.