PDA

View Full Version : Great Wolf Lodge & Busch Gardens together??

tyboyz
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge when going to Busch Gardens?? How far is the park from the lodge?? We thought it might be great to come back to the water park and cool off after walking around Busch Gardens !!!

Has anyone done this?? I have never been to the Busch Gardens area so any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks!

michboro
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
We did this last summer and had a great time! We'll probably be going back again this summer in August. We went to Busch Gardens or Water Country during the day, and at night we went back to the Great Wolf Lodge and stayed in the water park (my kids didn't want to leave until closing, because they were having so much fun). :Pinkbounc :banana:

rkandmjsmommy
07-06-2006, 06:50 PM
We just got back from Busch Gardens/Water Country on sunday, had a GREAT time, stayed at SpringHill Suites

We have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in PA.

We thougt it was strange at first to stay and Great wolf AND pay for Water country but if this is the only chance to go Great wolf go for it. We make a night at Great wolf a mini vacation, its so exhausting we dont want to do any other parks

Have fun, let me know if you have any questinos about Busch Gardens or Water country USA

mom2taylorandemily
07-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge when going to Busch Gardens?? How far is the park from the lodge?? We thought it might be great to come back to the water park and cool off after walking around Busch Gardens !!!

Has anyone done this?? I have never been to the Busch Gardens area so any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks!
First are you staying at the Great Wolf Lodge? If not, you might be better to purchase a multy day / park pass from Busch Gardens and use their sister park Water Country USA. If you are staying at the Great Wolf then unless you need to go to an outside water park, I would just use the GWL. Great Wolf Lodge is about 10 minutes drive time to Busch Gardens. You need to get on the interstate 64 and follow the signs. It's fairly easy to get to. To eat I advise eating in restaurants on Richmond Rd. I would avoid eating in the Great Wolf Lodge, its really expensive and not really good. Also, Walmart is just around the corner on Rochembeau Dr. (road that Great Wolf Lodge is on) where you can get inexpensive souviners and food, if you are watching your budget. Also, Sonics and IHop is in the Walmart parking lot. If I can help with anything else just PM me and I'll answer any questions you have.

disneylady
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
We've stayed at the Great Wolf in Williamsburg five times now. Lots of fun, but watch for deals. Do NOT pay rack rates. You'll need to book in advance as they are becoming more popular and the specials are only good for the first 100 rooms sold. We've stayed in a different room each time. Our last one, the Loft Suite, was our favorite. The kids considered the upstairs their "apartment."

With that said, if you plan to stay all day at the theme parks, then I wouldn't waste the high cost on Great Wolf. You have to understand that Great Wolf is a resort and indoor park all of its own. We never do the theme parks along with it. We typically stay at GW for 2 nights and do the outlet shopping etc. If you do your research, Williamsburg has a lot of offer. One night we took a ferry across the water, which my kids loved.

I agree with the other posters on the food. Other than in the water park, the food is pricey and not good for the taste buds. We typically bring pop tarts or doughnuts along for breakfast, water park snack bar for lunch (best cheese fries) and do Pizza Hut Express (in the lobby) for dinner. When we want to dine out, IHOP for breakfast and Outback for dinner.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. Take it in stride and regardless, have a fabulous trip!

kaw1218
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM

Thanks!
I am also interested... we were going to also do this trip...until DH suggested disney.... who am I to argue???? But there's always next year!!!

KirstenB
07-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Mom2TaylorandEmily, an OT question for you. We're west of Richmond and want to go to the new Williamsburg Yankee Candle store. Where the dickens is it? Have you been? It sounds really neat. Thanks

mom2taylorandemily
07-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Mom2TaylorandEmily, an OT question for you. We're west of Richmond and want to go to the new Williamsburg Yankee Candle store. Where the dickens is it? Have you been? It sounds really neat. Thanks
It is on Richmond Rd. or Rt. 60. If you come off 64 at Lightfoot Rt. 199. Take 199 to the Rt. 60 / Richmond Rd. Turn right on Richmond Rd. Go past the Prime Outlets Shopping Center. Continue down Richmond Rd., go past Outback Steakhouse and the Yankee Candle Shop is 1/2 past on the right. I love it there, I am only allowed to go when they are having seasonal clearance sales. DH keeps me out of there.