PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance

TBGOES2DISNEY
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Has anyone bought trip insurance from Disney? Is it worth it? Is it not? We're going in beg. of September if that makes any difference. TIA!

sleepingbeautymama
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
We bought the insurance through Disney. It was $119.90 for my DH and me and our DD4 was included for free. For us we thought it was worth the money since I have a chronic illness and can't really predict how I'll feel at the time and also being hurricane season, I didn't want to take a chance.

smep013
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
We bought insurance for our trip in August, through Travel Guard, which is the company that Disney uses, but we did not go through Disney. It was $70 for 2 adults and covers us in case our trip is cancelled or delayed by a hurricane. I did it for peace of mind.

TruBlu
07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
We bought the one from Disney. I think it was around $120 and covered all four family members.

I am filling out our claim forms today! We all got a terrible stomach virus and couldn't leave our room. We were so sick that we had to have a Doctor come to us. The charge was $220 plus medicine (I think around $30), and it is supposed to be covered. We are also requesting a partial refund for trip interruption. I'm not sure how much they will cover, but the doctor fee alone is more than we paid for the insurance.

hockeybabe
07-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Try www.*****************. We also used Travel Guard and it was significantly cheaper than Disney, and covers more, even terrorism. With it being hurricane season, I feel better knowing I have it at that time of year.

byoung
07-06-2006, 07:22 PM
We have always pasted on it.