PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Du Soleil

If You Had Wings
07-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Are there any Cirque enthusiasts out there? I have 2 questions.

There's a certain silent comedian/clown who at one time in the past was part of the company. He's an old man in a dark suit, no makeup, who gets into tangle after tangle with the microphone cord. At least that is the stand-up routine I once saw him do on TV. He kind of reminds me of Charlie Chaplain. He also does a funny stunt where he walks away, back sort of turned to audience I think and as he walks away he makes himself shorter and shorter. Does anyone know anything about him, especially his name? I don't see anything about him on the Cirque web site, and I have even emailed Cirque on him but received no answer.

Does anyone know any tricks or tips to get into Cirque du Soleil for free? Any way to get in for free, even if just to see a minute of the show at Downtown Disney?

Believe it or not I once got premium tickets for the show for my companion and I and we went and had great seats. The show was astounding. However, my daytime sleepiness problem is not astounding and I fell asleep (go figure!) at the beginning of the show and did not wake up until it was over. I paid top dollar dearly. Was I mad? You bet! If anyone on this thread was there too and heard me loudly snoring in the auditorium, I apologize.

magiccouple2004
07-05-2006, 06:39 PM
i believe his name is antwon
he does bill irwins' act
you might also like to check on dave shiner he does similar things like that as well
as for getting in free ha good luck i would love to figure that one out too we are big cirque fans as well... but if you join their club you can get some good discounts. hope that helps

crisi
07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know any tricks or tips to get into Cirque du Soleil for free? Any way to get in for free, even if just to see a minute of the show at Downtown Disney?

Spend six figures on enterprise software. Go to software company conference in Orlando. Be a featured speaker. Have conference organizers take you to Cirque. Works every time - well - unless its Lotussphere, they are too big to take everyone to Cirque.

If You Had Wings
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks magiccouple2004. You got me very excited to search the internet even deeper. In my search I think I found his name, I think it is :wizard: George Carl. If I could just find a picture of George Carl, I'll know if it's the right person or not. Does anyone know what George Carl looks like because if he is the short old man who wears the dark suit and derby hat and gets tangled in the mic cable, it's him.

Crisi, not familiar with the trade show you're talking about, but it would be wonderful to have that much money to blow.

Does anyone think cast members would let me slip in for say, the last 5 minutes of the show? I was thinking of telling them I'd be happy to stand in the back.