PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Card Question

Tink03252000
07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I just received my rewards card, but it does not have a name on it, just a place to sign on the back. Can this be used by anyone? For example, if I wanted to give it to friend/family member, they could use it as long as they were the one to sign it?

Thanks

JeffM
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
the rewards card you don't sign the back of. It's used just like a gift card.

hmgolden
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I would assume you could give the card to anyone. The Disney visa is in my name, but I had DH sign the back of the rewards card since he is the one who usually pays for things in WDW. Several times cast memebers did check his signature against the back of the card though.

ellyn2000
07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
It's much like a gift card. Just have the recipient sign the back of it when you give it to them.

amylovesdisney
07-06-2006, 07:22 AM
When you've exhausted your rewards, do not throw the card away. It is reloadable. The folks at the rewards 800# were very specific about keeping mine.

Of course, I lost it anyway once the rewards were used. When we left for our next trip, I had to call and got a gentle reminder that "they are intended to be kept so please hold on to this one."

Now, the little thing lives in my desk drawer, waiting for a WDW visit.

brentalex
07-06-2006, 10:05 AM
When you've exhausted your rewards, do not throw the card away. It is reloadable. The folks at the rewards 800# were very specific about keeping mine.

Of course, I lost it anyway once the rewards were used. When we left for our next trip, I had to call and got a gentle reminder that "they are intended to be kept so please hold on to this one."

Now, the little thing lives in my desk drawer, waiting for a WDW visit.
Although the cards are re-loadable, the points on them will expire. Once posted to the card they will expire, usually in December of the following year. You should not load them to a card unless you know that you will use them before they expire. You should go to the chase web site and go to the manage my rewards section and look up your card. It will tell you when the points that are on it will expire.

amylovesdisney
07-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Great point about the expiration date for rewards! That date is usually waaaay beyond when I need them so I guess I haven't given it much thought.

Ticket Man
07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Just took $310 off of my August trip with my rewards card! This is in addition to free dining. Got 2 free roundtrips with the Airtran/Wendy's deal.

Two adults roundtrip, 5 nights/6 nights at a value resort, airport shuttle, 2 6 day park hoppers, and great meals at Le Cellier, O'Hana, Concourse, and Boma and a lot more for under $700!