PDA

View Full Version : family vacation

poppee1
07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
i need some advice. I am hoping to take a disney this december. I need to find the proper accomodations either on property or off. We will be a group of seven. Me my wife my 2 children my parents and my mothe rin law. we need at least three rooms or a suite with 4 bedrooms. please help guide me.

dougsmom98
07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
I think your best bet would be to rent a vacation home. You can easily get a 4 bedroom place. We have stayed offsite in a town home two years ago and a 4 bedroom house last year and both experiences were wonderful. Having extra room is fantastic. You will know exactly what everyone in your party is up to because you are in the same house. When we have stayed in a hotel and there are several rooms of people, I have always been paranoid to knock on someone else's door because I was afraid they were sleeping. In a house, it is easy to know if someone is resting in their bedroom and those of us who are awake, can visit in the kitchen, living room or by the pool. There are plenty of rental home sites. I like vrbo.com.
Good luck.

crjack
07-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I second the idea of renting a pool home. There are lots of 4 bedroom units available and you can choose one that best fits your needs. I cant imagine any way that it wouldn't be cheaper than 3 separate rooms as well, plus you get a pool, washer/dryer, kitchen and so much more.

Even if you reserve three rooms at a hotel or time share resort you aren't typically gaurenteed to be next to each other.

There are lots of good home recommendations listed here from a number of different resort neighborhoods. Just ask if you want more info.

isla bonita
07-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I think you should spend a little time on the Dis because you are so general in your questions.

I would read about all the options and decide from there what you think would fit for your group. Do a lot of reading and then ask more specific questions. You will be a lot better off for it.

I am a rental home owner and for us it is the best but it is also not for every one as you will read. I am not trying to discourage you from renting really I am not I just think you should have a lot more information and have a better idea of the bigger picture such as.

fly or drive
rent a car or other forms of transportation
$$$
disney and/or other parks
on site low end or high end
motel, hotel, condo, rental home
See what I mean there are so many options start narrowing down the questions specific to your group and there wants and likes.

spiceycat
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
i need some advice. I am hoping to take a disney this december. I need to find the proper accomodations either on property or off. We will be a group of seven. Me my wife my 2 children my parents and my mothe rin law. we need at least three rooms or a suite with 4 bedrooms. please help guide me.

since you have stayed on site before - I might go with onsite - do a 2-bedroom for you and your family - get a studio for your parents and another one for your mil. go rent a reservations from a DVC member and save you some money. (only stay Sun-thurs leave on Fri). especially if your parents or mil is elderly - so they can take a break and go back to the resort and everyone else can stay at WDW. Or just get 3 studios. I suggested the 2-bedroom so everyone can meet up before going to the parks.

if you want something cheaper - I would go with an offsite timeshares - the problem is you would need more than just a 2 or 3 bedroom.

you can try
www.myresortweek.com
www.mybidshares.com
www.skyauction.com
www.condodirect.com
http://www.tug1.org/tugads/1-1sname1.html

spiceycat
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
you can rent DVC reservations (points) here - just go to the DVC rental/trade board

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

here are points chart
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

mbb
07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
You've received some great advice:)

Take a quick look at our Reviews Board, all Dis'er approved - or not;) - as the case may be. It's a small sample, and not so overwhelming:) to begin your planning:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=126

Have fun, and let us know what you decide!!

:sunny: