PDA

View Full Version : Puttin On The Ritz! With My Baby! (and husband and granny too)

roxannex
07-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Anyone here stayed at the Ritz before? With a baby? I'm going July 13-17th with my husband, my mom and my 7 month old son. We're staying in executive suites (thanks to American Express free upgrades). Any tips? Thoughts? (Can you tell I'm excited????)

It was supposed to be a romantic vacation for just me and my husband, but we couldn't leave our little boy behind so grandma is coming too for fun (and babysitting). :) We also have reservations at Victoria and Alberts. And at Discovery Cove (just me and my husband for both of those things) I'd like to do the spa too, but everything has added up (although the rates are really great...cheaper than going to VA Beach 2 hours away from us), and I feel like the spa prices are kind of exorbitant. We're not actually going to Disney parks this trip...just Discovery Cove and Sea World. We just went to Disney last May.

The hotel is providing a crib and a high chair for us. Is there anything else we should plan for? Anything we should know? Shouldn't miss?

Thanks!
Roxanne

tinkerrn
07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
We love the Ritz!!! YOu will have a wonderful trip!

kilee
07-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. Be sure to post a trip report when you get back. :)

nicolemarie
07-08-2006, 09:27 AM
We'll be there the same time!!

Arriving July 13th leaving the 18th - You will LOVE it. We went last summer and then again for one night after we left our Spring Break Disney trip this past March. It is a beautiful resort. You can't beat the service.

Does your baby like the water? The adjoining JW Marriott has a lazy river pool that would be perfect for those baby boat floats. You could get a float for yourself and relax in your float while you hold onto the baby's. They have adult floats to rent, but I'm not sure about the baby - I'd check into that before you leave.

I agree about the spa prices. I have been debating booking a couple of appointments, but the prices are high! WOW! Much higher than even other Ritz spas - so we'll see.

We'll also have grandparents with us. We'll be floating that lazy river all weekend so if you see us, say hello!! :teeth:

roxannex
07-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the responses! Yes, my son does like the water. I think we'll bring his little baby float for him (now I wish I'd bought the one with the sunshade....but I suppose a hat and LOTS of sunscreen will do for a short ride). I'm so excited!!! Not too much longer!