PDA

View Full Version : skyauction availability august last minute?

ceopamom3
07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I have booked a week on-site at WDW during free dining during mid-to-late August - but I am having second thoughts. I have been checking skyauction and the ready-set-go, but not much is available. Has anyone had success with availability in busy times last minute? We are just around 7 weeks from the trip now. I got a great deal on the flight (a $44 ding from PHL), but I think my family would be happier with more space...

Thanks!

bearzabout
07-02-2006, 10:19 AM
I find there are some great last minute availability on getaway weeks about 1-3 weeks out, depending on the resort. Cypress Pointe often waits until only 1-2 weeks out before releasing extra inventory.

Check often and keep your other reservations. I'd bid on a getaway certificate now so you can call and book a room immediately upon seeing it available.

figgy4me
07-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I find there are some great last minute availability on getaway weeks about 1-3 weeks out, depending on the resort. Cypress Pointe often waits until only 1-2 weeks out before releasing extra inventory.

Check often and keep your other reservations. I'd bid on a getaway certificate now so you can call and book a room immediately upon seeing it available.

?? After you win and pay for the getaway auction, how long does it take to get your certificate with the phone number? Does it come by email of post office?

shoney
07-04-2006, 06:53 PM
:Pinkbounc Last year we exchanged, through rci, for a 2 bedroom at summer bay. Since we were traveling with 4 adults and 2 children, a 3 bedroom would have been better. Based on advice from here and tug, I was urged to check skyauction at the last minute.
Thank goodness for those people!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Pinkbounc
I got an additonal 1 bedroom unit at summer bay through skyauction for $149..no tax or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!
We loved summer bay and it was well worth it..not as close as some resorts but great! Some times you need to roll the dice and it works!

meresandwillsmom
07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
What's skyauction? :confused3

ceopamom3
07-05-2006, 04:55 AM
I will pick up the certificate right away. I have purchased the home and away auctions before with good success. It generally only takes a day or two to receive the certificate via e-mail (you could e-mail skyauction, and they can get it to you even sooner if need be). The $100 skyauction coupon arrives almost instantly upon winning the auction via e-mail.

Now I will have to be patient and wait and see what comes up!!

Skyauction is an online travel service ... skyauction.com.... They feature air, hotel, cruise and flight travel in an auction format. The most appealing part of skyauction to me is their access to RCI's (timeshare exchange) excess inventory. I have stayed in timeshares in Williamsburg VA, Hershey PA and Orlando via skyauction at wonderful prices. Be sure to read all the terms on Skyauction's website and for the auction you are bidding on. The terms are often non-refundable..

Thanks again!

kidsister
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
When I bought my skyauction home and away certificate..it took more like 5 days to get it (through email), and I kinda had to call every day to prompt them along. I used mine starting the weekend following Thanksgiving when I couldn't find any availability at DVC.

I gave one to a friend of mine to use this August, but she is finding very little in the Orlando area right now for August...I sure hope something comes up soon!

I used one at Vacation village at the Parkway and really enjoyed the spacious unit (a 2 bd which was really 2 one bedroom units combined).

figgy4me
07-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I finally sent them an email and asked several questions and got one short reply. Received another email Friday with my certificate number and phone number to call - said I did not need the actual certificate. Of course, I haven't had time to look and call since. Never fails.