PDA

View Full Version : How are the buses at Hilton in WDW

sleepycor
06-30-2006, 03:30 PM
They advertised that they have complimentary scheduled buses to the parks on expedia. This means they are not disney buses? Has anyone experienced with hilton buses?

mbb
07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I'll pop your question down to the Hotels and Attraction general Board:)

:sunny:

smileyk8
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey, i've stayed along hotel plaza boulevard at DTD the past couple of years and apart from the extra buses for u during extra magic hours, the same buses serve 6 hotels (normally 7). They run an hour before opening every half hour from the hotels and are pretty good at staying on time. Usually Hilton is first or second stop- ideal in the morning as they get busy, and evening when your sleepy. They also lay on extra buses at closing time, but don't be surpised if there's a pretty long wait. We've usually found that after closing there's a whole bus load in front of us but we get on the second.

For ease of use they all pick up at space 26 in the parks- there's not always shelter by the stop so if it's rainy get a poncho/umbrella or get wet. The only slightly annoying one is AK where pick up from the park changes to every hour in the middle of the day. It just means you have to plan better (we took the car there).

I've heard many people complaining about the service, but after using disney's own service to get around to boardwalk and epcot from DTD i think we're pretty lucky.

DisneyEG
07-03-2006, 03:45 PM
We've come to the conclusion from past trips, Rent a car! It's worth the convienence.

f7prez
07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
We usually rent a car, but decided to use the hotel's transportation to see how it was. We have used the complimentary transportation on two separate trips since. We were very satisfied with the service. The buses are far nicer than those operated by Disney, more comfortable. Usually on time within 5 minutes. Never had a problem with having to wait for a second bus, however we never used them after park closing. I am willing to bet that you would have to wait no longer than if you were to rely on Disney buses.

musclecar_72
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
We've come to the conclusion from past trips, Rent a car! It's worth the convienence.

DTD area hotels bus service is decent, but not always on time and sometimes long lines requiring you to wait for another bus. I second the rent a car or switch to onsite.

sleepycor
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
i was asking for a friend that thought hilton would be cheaper than on-site.. do they have have a time schedule stating what time they come or its by every 15 minutes or so?

smileyk8
07-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Basically they all pick up on the hour and half hour from hilton (give or take a couple of minutes) and then run around the other hotels before heading to the parks. This begins an hour before park opening i think and as far as i know will continue til everyone has been picked up after closing.

The parks pickups also have set times. I'm not sure about AK as it changed and this was the one park we didn't use the buses for. MK quarter to and past each hour. Disney studios and epcot were generally combined so pickup at E we found to be at half past and the hour and DS quarter to and past.

If you just ask the bus driver when you get off or the information desk in the hotel they'll be more than happy to confirm the times.

Hope this helps

TTT103
07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
We used to use the busses all the time back when Disney operated them and they dropped off and picked up right next to the WDW Resort Hotel busses (curb area); however, last year we used them and found it a little confusing to find the designated spot in the bus lot. As such, we used the rental car during our last two visits and it seemed to work out well.

trvlgrl
08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
The buses weren't too bad. I have been spoiled by disney transportation and felt a little inconvenienced, but my stay at WDW Hilton was great! You can rent a car there on site if you really have a tough time with it. I took a taxi one morn. to The GF for breakfast so I would get there on time. it cost $20.00. The room rate for this hotel was great so I didn't mind. The people who work there are so friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Have fun!

mdhkitten
08-18-2006, 11:32 AM
With the Downtown Disney hotel buses, do you still run into standing room only, or do they allow that on those buses?