PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Hilton at Walt Disney World!

lookingforward
06-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I acknowledge that this hotel has gotten good reviews, but I am sorely dissapointed. Here is why.

I booked this hotel through Priceline for one night only, July 7. I understand that Priceline can't guarantee specific requests but my confirmation said if you had any non-smoking/smoking and bed size requests to call the hotel directly. So I called after getting my confirmation from priceline. The women I spoke with was SO rude and said they do not "alter" priceline reservatioins and priceline customers get what they get. I told her I was not asking her to "alter" my double room but simply to "request" non-smoking and two beds. She stated that I need to go through priceline and priceline says it is the hotel's deal. She was VERY rude. So now I am left with the reality that we will be showing up very late on a Friday night during the fourth of July week with the hotel most likely crowded.

What is the big deal about "requesting" so that when they assign the rooms that morning they know what we want??? To add insult to injury, I got the room for $75 (four star) and I could have booked directly with the hotel for $92 online WITH my requests. Oh well, just wanted to vent.

Since my son is asthmatic and I acknowledge that they can't guarantee and they refuse to even try, we got in at the last minute with the Shades of Green. I learned an important $75 lesson. Priceline has always worked out well for me, but not this time.

And for a family that travels to Orlando at least six times a year, the Hilton has alienated me for no real reason.

Bella the Ball 360
06-28-2006, 06:57 PM
When this type of thing happens, I always like to relate my experiences. If any type of problem happens at a large hotel chain then you should write to the corporate office. I would also call too. You will get your room and they will most likely kiss your feet when you get there.

safetymom
06-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Most of the hotel chains treat Priceline reservations differently than they treat their own. If you have certain requests usually you are better off going with the hotel directly.

jeff968
06-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Another reason to stay away from Priceline. You get what you pay for.

spiceycat
06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
you are so nice - I would called back and demanded to speak to the manager...

some times people have a bad day. the person you talked to might have had a bad day. It is wrong to take our bad times out on other people - but everyone is human and we do it....

if you could get shades of green - why did you go with priceline in the first place.....

kilee
06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
You try to speak w/ someone else there. However, the reality is that w/ priceline you are not guaranteed your requests. So many hotels will not even take them. I had this problem w/ a Hyatt in NYC. The good thing is many hotels are still really great when you use Priceline, and I think that is why so many people still use them. I hope it all works out in the end.

lookingforward
06-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your replies. I tried to get the shades of green first but they were sold out. When I started having the problems with the priceline ressie I checked online and the shades had a room available. I called my husband and we figured with three kids (one with asthma) arriving at 9 p.m. on a Friday during July 4th week, we had better book a sure thing. I did not want to arrive at the Hilton and have a king smoking room since they would not denote my requests and certainly would not guarantee them. My husband called it our 100 dollar insurance policy since the shades of green is non smoking and the room has two queens and a day bed. No worries now....with three kids, a full time job and living in south florida I have ENOUGH worries already. I did not want to sweat the three hour drive to Orlando after a long day at work wondering if we would have beds. After one night at the shades of green we are checking into the Royal Pacific! :cool1:

I will call the manager next time something like this happens! You all are right about speaking up.