PDA

View Full Version : Paper Piecing Question

BernardandMissBianca
06-26-2006, 11:11 PM
When cutting curves and arcs how do you get smooth lines? I'm trying one for the Epcot swap and it's my first time and I want to get it right.
Is a knife or scissors better?

TIA!

ksjayhawks
06-27-2006, 12:17 AM
I have better luck with a very sharp, small sewing scissors. I don't seem to have much control with a knife.

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2006, 01:55 AM
I have cutter bees scissors or should I go even smaller?
DH is going to help me in the morning. He's good with french curves. Besides he owes me, I just stood in the garage for the last 2 hours holding a light and tools. :rolleyes:

ddavis860
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I have cutter bees scissors or should I go even smaller?
DH is going to help me in the morning. He's good with french curves. Besides he owes me, I just stood in the garage for the last 2 hours holding a light and tools. :rolleyes:

Wow, that is really nice of you to hold the light and tools...

I use my cutter bees and I'm fine. I turn the paper in my fingers and let the scissors do the work...they don't move that much.

As for a knife, no way for me, I don't have ANY control.

Good Luck!

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm going to attempt it for the last time today. We shall see what happens. Wish me luck!!!

Twigs
06-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I have better control with scissors. I think I saw this on the Carol Duval show and it works for me too: don't move the scissors while you cut curves, move the paper .

peasy
06-30-2006, 09:48 AM
cutterbees for sure. I've always heard to move the paper in your hand while cutting, instead of moving the scissors around the paper, kwim?

peasy
06-30-2006, 09:48 AM
cutterbees for sure. I've always heard to move the paper in your hand while cutting, instead of moving the scissors around the paper, kwim?

Torontogal
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Can someone please tell me what this is? Perhpa syou can post a photo of your finished work. Thanks.