PDA

View Full Version : Past, Present & Forever

Keebles
06-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Well, finally finished Self Portrait and got to start on PP&F today! I was so excited...that is until I started trying to work with the metallic thread. I'm having a heck of a time with it. For those that are currently working on it or for anyone who has finished it, got any suggestions on how you managed the thread, or am I the only one having problems? Looks like the entire castle is gonna have it and I'm starting to dread it! I'll take any help you can give!

tashasmum
06-26-2006, 06:29 AM
When you thread your floss and glistengloss through the needle make a small knot with the threads up near the eye of the needle. This stops the glistengloss sliding straight through the needle. Hope this helps, i know it did for me.

Keebles
06-26-2006, 04:23 PM
When you thread your floss and glistengloss through the needle make a small knot with the threads up near the eye of the needle. This stops the glistengloss sliding straight through the needle. Hope this helps, i know it did for me.

Thanks! The thought never occurred to me!

tashasmum
06-27-2006, 05:24 AM
I have just finished The Barbershop Quartet my only problem is what to start next, it may have to wait until our trip to Canada is done.

cobbler
07-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the tip. I haven't started working on mine just yet but I am sure I will encounter a problem. I always seem to anyway ;)

Madaboutthemouse
07-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Slightly OT: Do you remember how much these cross-stitch kits were? Did you buy from The Art of Disney or from WDW Merchandising? I was trying to estimate how much it would cost to call and have a few shipped to me. Thanks! :)

dreams91
07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I think it is $45. I remember I called them and they said it would be like $60 to ship it. They charge a lot to ship. Seems like a spendy kit, but it has a lot of thread and stuff, it is huge.

Madaboutthemouse
07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks! I guess I'll have to wait until my next trip to pick them up. $15 is a lot for shipping.

Ashley80
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I called yesterday and they said shipping is $10.99 or so I believe. Maybe they lowered the shipping price? :confused3

Any idea where I can get the Cinderella Castle kit?? They no longer carry them and I REALLY want one!! :sad1: