PDA

View Full Version : Was it Mall 1 or Mall 2 of the Prime Outlets that has closed?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I remember reading a month ago on Orlandosentinal.com that the Prime Outlets on International Drive will be under going a huge renovation & that they will be turned into the Premium Outlet Mall on Lake Buena Vista that you all see along Interstate 4. Anyway the main reason my family & I shop at the Prime Outletes is because of the Character Premier store in Mall 1 & the Character Whearhouse store in Mall 2. Anyway I remember reading that one of the malls has closed or that one of the Disney Character Stores has been closed. Anyway can someone please give me an update on what is going to happen with the mall because like I said before, the only reason my family & I shop there is because of the Disney Character stores. So even if the mall is still opened but they are not, we would have no reason to go there & with the way traffic sometimes get's there we won't miss it.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Can anyone please give me some soart of an answer?

jeff968
06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
It is mall two. We were just there in February and got the usual great deals at the character warehouse there but they said they were closing it down for a complete redo in April. The carousel had been removed (since we were there in 2005) but all of the stores were still open and operating. I hope it is back by 2007 as we always stop there and they have the best selection of all of the disney outlet stores. The also have the hardrock discount store which my son likes.

MiaSRN62
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
It is mall two. We were just there in February and got the usual great deals at the character warehouse there but they said they were closing it down for a complete redo in April. The carousel had been removed (since we were there in 2005) but all of the stores were still open and operating.
Thanks for the info Jeff. I had planned to go there this August. So the Character Wharehouse is closed and only the Character Premiere is open ?
Thanks for the head's up CR Resort Fan 4 Life

jeff968
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
So the Character Wharehouse is closed and only the Character Premiere is open ?

There is a third location off of 535? I believe it is the Lake Buena Vista outlet mall? A bunch of stores, not as high priced.

MiaSRN62
06-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks Jeff...I think I know the location your referring to.....

sammi
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
I have also heard that the Hard Rock outlet has closed up too. :guilty:

MichelleChell
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM
There is a third location off of 535? I believe it is the Lake Buena Vista outlet mall? A bunch of stores, not as high priced.

DO they have a good Disney outlet store?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
DO they have a good Disney outlet store? The Disney outlet store at the Lake Buena Vista mall had horrible merchandice. My family & I were last there a few years ago but from what I remember it was mostly stuff for little kids & the selection was garbage compared to what the other Disney outlet stores have sold in the past.

Jason71
06-30-2006, 07:48 AM
The Disney outlet store at the Lake Buena Vista mall had horrible merchandice.

That's because it's technically not a "Disney" outlet store--it's an independent business (which also sells Universal and generic products); the stores at Prime and Premium Outlets are actually owned by Disney and are definitely higher quality.

BTW, there is a Hard Rock outlet at LBV Outlets.

jeff968
06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
DO they have a good Disney outlet store?

We've had good luck there. It is not as nice as the other stores but still has lots of stuff.

fostrmom2mny
07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Now I called and spoke with the store at the old Belz Outlet. They informed me that their store at LBV was open and closer to my resort. LBV has a $5.00 off coupon for $40.00 or more. Are you sure their merchadice is not as good as the Belz Charecter Warehouse? Please help. I'm leaving this Tues.

Gerri

jeff968
07-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Now I called and spoke with the store at the old Belz Outlet. They informed me that their store at LBV was open and closer to my resort. LBV has a $5.00 off coupon for $40.00 or more. Are you sure their merchadice is not as good as the Belz Charecter Warehouse? Please help. I'm leaving this Tues.

Gerri

yes, it is not as good. I was at both store in February of this year. But it is not like you have a choice. Who knows, maybe they are shipping more stuff to the LBV store since the Belz location is closed. Have a great and safe trip!!!

gaila
07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
we were there 2 weeks ago and there was nothing much in Mall 2 apart from a couple of shoe outlets. Definitely not worth a visit. LBV character outlet had some fab scrapbook bargains if anyone is interested in that. The rest of the stock was pretty rubbish although there were some toy story toys and things that were worth buying.

Also for info, some of the shops from The Mercado on I Drive are moving to Festival Bay Mall (opposite Belz) and the Cricketers Arms is going there too. (Added mainly for us Brits so they can watch the football !!)

I love the coffee shop at LBV by the way.

Gail

fostrmom2mny
07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I am here now as I type in Orlando. Less than two hours ago I made a trip to the Premium Outlet Mall to the Disney Charecter Premiere store. They had a decent selection of clothing stuff, but not a very good selection of the Disney toys other than Buzzlightyear. I was disappointed. I was looking for Woody, Mickey and Minnie, and Kirby (from Chicken Little). I ended up buying a couple of hats and a Goofy tee. Guess I'll be doing my shopping in the parks.
Gerri