PDA

View Full Version : OT - False Labour All Day - ONE WEEK LATER...still nothing. :(

tinkerbeth
06-25-2006, 04:01 PM
As you can see from my ticker, I am 12 days from my due date. I woke up at 2:30 this morning with lots of crampy contractions, called the midwife and the doula at 5:30 and they came by about 10...only 3cm and not in "real labour"! :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Send me some oxytocen-laced pixie dust! This is my second so I'm hoping it will pick back up tonight...I was so psyched up to have a baby TODAY! :confused3

Patience is not one of my better virtues... :rolleyes:

Beth :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

cabmom
06-25-2006, 05:39 PM
WOW Beth, hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery and birth. Sending loads of pixie dust!

Marilynn pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: :jumping1: :tinker: :tink: :flower1:

mickeywho?
06-25-2006, 06:21 PM
:tink: :tink: :tink:
A little pixie dust to keep you going.
Have patience . . . before too long you'll be waist high in. .. :laundy:
Good luck with the birth!

Debbie
06-25-2006, 06:26 PM
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker: Take care, Beth. Try to get some rest, because afterwards it will be a foreign word! :rotfl: I always remember Bill Cosby's line in his show premier..... :cheer2: :cheer2: Push him out! Push him out! Push him w-a-a-a-a-y out! :cheer2: :cheer2: Here's some PD that it will be an easy-and SOON-delivery! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Wazzo
06-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Good luck and best wishes!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

tinkerbeth
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the pixie dust! As of this evening, I'm having pretty irregular contractions still and feeling a bit nauseous...we're going to try some, ahem, natural induction methods tonight and see if that will kick start things! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of baby within a few days!

Beth :lovestruc :lovestruc

digskat
06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the pixie dust! As of this evening, I'm having pretty irregular contractions still and feeling a bit nauseous...we're going to try some, ahem, natural induction methods tonight and see if that will kick start things! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of baby within a few days!

Beth :lovestruc :lovestruc

That's so funny that is what I was going to suggest, I was just trying to think of the perfect way of saying it. :lmao: Best Wishes and it won't be long now! Kat

BitsnBearsMom
06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh my goodness!! I was trying to think of a nice way to say the same thing :lmao: :rotfl2:

Sending lots of pixie dust your way.

we're all cheering you on here :cheer2: push breathe push push :cheer2:

Princess4Eeyore
06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi Beth

Just wanted to wish you a happy and safe delivery :grouphug:

natural induction methods :rotfl:

Cant wait to see the pics of your new baby :woohoo:

:grouphug:

Disney Dreamer7
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Sending some Pixie Dust. pixiedust: pixiedust:
Good luck take care.

Scratch42
06-25-2006, 08:42 PM
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

What wrong with telling her to have Chinese Food!?! :confused3 :confused3

Oh you're talking about :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 ................ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Good Luck!

j

TimNDansMom
06-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Sending Pixie Dust and Best Wishes, Beth! pixiedust: :tinker:

jenkh
06-25-2006, 11:43 PM
pixie dust pixiedust:

tinkerbeth
06-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Well, thanks for all the pixie dust! Nothing at all today. The doula said that she thought it would be soon. DH has taken the day off school which is nice and I have a midwife appt. this afternoon so we'll see if there's anything changed...

Will keep you posted! :dance3:

Beth :surfweb:

sammi
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Good luck Beth! :thumbsup2 This is the time in your life when it's soooo exciting....even though right now you might not think so! lol :goodvibes
Here's hoping for your new little one to arrive safely and above all quickley! :wave2:

maryliz
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hope it's not too much longer for you! It's nice that your DH has taken the day off ... of course, he's probably hoping to help with more of that "natural induction". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sending prayers and PD that all will go well for you and the new little one.

Mary-Liz

dancin Disney style
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Glad to hear you have a doula. I have been a doula for 7 years.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Stay relaxed, and best wishes for a wonderful, memorable birth experience. I hope it turns out just the way you planned.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

tinkerbeth
06-26-2006, 08:08 PM
THanks again everyone!!! I'm just about to make myself some Raspberry Leaf Tea and watch Coronation street. :) Then back to the natural induction drawing board and wait for tomorrow.

You guys are great!!! :grouphug:

Beth :thanks: :disrocks:

SandraC
06-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Pineapple...

....I ate pineapple for a few days and that did it! S

dancin Disney style
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
If you can drink it, mix castor oil and orange juice. It is an old natural induction method. It is not guaranteed to work but has a fair bit of success. Just be sure to get the approval of your healthcare provider first.

BitsnBearsMom
06-28-2006, 09:27 AM
So how are things today?? Any baby yet??

Princess4Eeyore
06-28-2006, 01:32 PM
:sunny: HI BETH

Just checking in to see how you are doing? Any more labour pains - well, its my birthday in 7 days, so maybe baby is waiting for the 5th of July ... :rotfl:
Take care

Lotsa Hugs :grouphug:

Mickey Fanatic
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi Beth :wave:

I hope that everything is going okay. :thumbsup2

Hope you and DH are having fun with the "natural induction" method. :rotfl: Fingers crossed that soon there will be another Canadian Disney fan joining the party!

tinkerbeth
06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone! :wave2:

Nothing yet! At the moment, the baby has the hiccups but that's about all. I held my friend's 3 day old baby for a few hours this afternoon hoping that might get my oxytocin going but no luck. Still working on the natural induction. I will let you all know! It's GOT to be withing the next week or so...DH's last day of school is tomorrow so it will be nice that he's done work for the summer when the baby comes.

Fingers CROSSED! :cheer2:

Beth :rolleyes1

Wazzo
06-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Good luck Beth! We wish you an easy labour!!! :wizard:

Scratch42
06-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Good Luck!

Hope to hear good news upon my return on Monday!

lmok
06-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Oh my, I could not wait to find out if the baby has come. Can't wait to see pictures.

tinkerbeth
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Still no baby...a few twinges this morning but I know better than to get my hopes up... :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that the best way to go into labour is to put on your best underwear so that your water will break and ruin them. Who the heck can still wear their best underwear when they're 39 weeks pregnant? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 That's what I'd like to know! My best underwear are buried deep at the bottom of the drawer. If I can get into them before Christmas I'll be VERY happy with myself. :rotfl:

Will keep you all updated. Can't be long now... :dance3: :dance3:

Beth :wave2:

TimNDansMom
06-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Continued Best Wishes and Pixie Dust, Beth!! :tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Princess4Eeyore
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=tinkerbeth]I read somewhere that the best way to go into labour is to put on your best underwear so that your water will break and ruin them. Who the heck can still wear their best underwear when they're 39 weeks QUOTE]
:rotfl: :lmao:
Thanks Beth for the laugh and update ... dont know too many women who would fit in their best underwear - lol!
If you have your baby before Monday. well early congrats or else I'll check in on Monday afternoon :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Debbie
06-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking that this baby wants to be a real member of the Canadian board, and will be born on July first. ;) Who's running the pool?

lmok
06-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking that this baby wants to be a real member of the Canadian board, and will be born on July first. ;) Who's running the pool?

No, I think July 3rd...My birthday :rotfl:

tinkerbeth
06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
July 1st will make my dh annoyed...he won't be able to watch the England game! It would serve him right for getting me into this mess!!!

My mom keeps saying the baby's dropped more...I think it's wishful thinking on her part. She wants the baby to be born so she can book her holidays! :rolleyes:

Update tomorrow.

Beth :)

mbb
06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
.....I read somewhere that the best way to go into labour is to put on your best underwear so that your water will break and ruin them. Who the heck can still wear their best underwear when they're 39 weeks pregnant? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 .......

Honey, my kids are 8 years old....underwear is *still* at the bottom of the drawer :crazy:

Hope that no update this morning means that things are progressing!!!:tink:

:sunny:

BitsnBearsMom
06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
the smaller bra's never come back out either :rolleyes: :sad2: although dh was never sad about that :lmao:

mousy_in_canada
06-30-2006, 02:27 PM
the smaller bra's never come back out either :rolleyes: :sad2: although dh was never sad about that :lmao:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

tinkerbeth
07-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Nothing to report today - maybe the fireworks tonight will SCARE the baby out! :)

I'm losing patience... :badpc:

Beth :)

dsneygirl
07-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Nothing to report today - maybe the fireworks tonight will SCARE the baby out! :)

Good luck. We had our community fireworks last night and didn't work for me :)

tinkerbeth
07-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Another day...no baby. It's now been a week since my last labour...might have to try some more natural induction tonight. :blush:

Here's hoping!

damo
07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Another day...no baby. It's now been a week since my last labour...might have to try some more natural induction tonight. :blush:

Here's hoping!

Hmmmm. Sounds like it might have worked!!!??? :thumbsup2

mom22belles
07-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Here's hoping!

Wow I am having flashbacks of my first pregnancy :rolleyes: My oldest DD ( who is now 7) was almost 2 weeks late. She was due Aug. 21st she came on Aug. 30th. It was one long hot Toronto summer in a house with no AC. I swear the Dr scared DD out by telling her she would be born ( induced) on her Mom's ( me ) birthday :guilty: The Dr told me at my appoit. on a Fri if she didn't come that weekend we where going to induce on Tuesday. Labour started Sunday AM and she was born that afternoon.
Good luck.
Nancy

P.S. The trick I have heard is to get greasy spicey foods or anthing to get the bowels moving . The cramping acting of the bowels will help get contractions going. Sorry to be so gross :confused3

Scratch42
07-04-2006, 06:06 AM
The Baby is waiting for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie to come out! ;)

Any news?

j

connorsmom911
07-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Ok, this is eerily sounding like my first...although I don't really think now in hindsight it was real labour. I was due Jan 15, although I thought that date was calculated late, so I was begging and pleading to go before Jan 1. I didn't want my ds to have to wait the extra year to start school, or pay the extra year of daycare!!! My ob was even on call a few days at the end of the year and everything, but no.

Finally went into labour after my last appt where my ob kinda "helped things along" and I had time to go the 1/2 hr home, collect dh and go 1/2 hr back before the intense labour started (ok, qualify that...I have zero pain tolerance...my sister who was my nurse for 2 days after I had ds said I wasn't really in labour...yeah, whatever). So, long story short I end up having a c-section on Jan 15 at 8am. Connor comes out all wrinkly and his skin is peeling off like he's a burn victim. The doctor announces, "Well, I guess you were right, you were overdue...he's pretty overcooked!!".

Hope that the no news means there's news!!! Let us know!!!

BitsnBearsMom
07-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Baby likes it in there ;)
Anything yet??

tinkerbeth
07-04-2006, 08:13 AM
No baby. This baby is as stubborn as her mama. I'm off to the midwife today so we'll see what she says... :badpc:

Princess4Eeyore
07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey Beth

Back from our long weekend getaway and had to check-in to see if the baby arrived yet .... no baby I see - well as I said I know she will probably make her grand entrance tomorrow as it is my birthday ... lol :rotfl:
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc Take care

lab_girl
07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Good Luck :)

For each of my pregnancies I had huge amounts of garlic for dinner and went into labour that night. (poor nurses on the other end of my 'breathing'!)

Your situation sounds like my second. My first was early, so of course that is what I 'expected' with the second. No such luck, the naughty little boy was late!

tinkerbeth
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Well....nothing yet but I did go to the midwife today and they did a "stretch and sweep"...with another one planned for Thursday, so we'll see. I'm a bit crampy and sore but no real change. I piled the Jalepenos on my hotdog at costco today! :crazy:

Hopefully within the next few days...we have to talk about induction and seeing an ob/gyn at 41 weeks on Thursday if I still haven't gone into labour. :sad2: :sad2:

Here's hoping... :surfweb:

Thanks for all the well-wishes! It cheers me up which is something for sure. At this point, I'm so grumpy I'm surprised the baby wants to be NEAR me, let alone in there. :rotfl:

mom22belles
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Well....nothing yet but I did go to the midwife today and they did a "stretch and sweep"...with another one planned for Thursday, so we'll see. I'm a bit crampy and sore but no real change. I piled the Jalepenos on my hotdog at costco today! :crazy:

Hopefully within the next few days...we have to talk about induction and seeing an ob/gyn at 41 weeks on Thursday if I still haven't gone into labour. :sad2: :sad2:

Here's hoping... :surfweb:

Thanks for all the well-wishes! It cheers me up which is something for sure. At this point, I'm so grumpy I'm surprised the baby wants to be NEAR me, let alone in there. :rotfl:

Hi Beth I had a "stretch and sweep" with DD #2 ... It worked for me.
In fact Dr told me she did 3 that day and all 3 of us had our babies with in 24 hrs. ( It was a Wed. before a holiday weekend we all had our babies and where out of hospital before the weekend).
Nancy

petrymom
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Good Luck with your birth. Rest up, maybe soon you will be holding your baby..... :wizard:

mbb
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe a baby today?

We're thinking of you, Beth!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Mickey Fanatic
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Any baby yet?

Good luck and catch up on sleep!

SnowWhite
07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Heres hoping you are having a baby as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!

I really feel for you...my kids were both early (34 weeks and 35 weeks). I don't know have any idea what it is like to be preggers THAT long!! ;)

Good Luck!!!

BitsnBearsMom
07-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Baby?

Getting tired of being asked that Question yet?? :lmao: :hourglass

dsneygirl
07-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Good luck. I was scheduled to be induced at 41w as well and my water broke at 2:30am before heading to the hospital. Believe me I know how uncomfortable you are. Good luck.

Wazzo
07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
C'mon Baby! We're waiting to welcome you to the DIS!! :cheer2:

:grouphug: party: :jumping1: :welcome: :rainbow:

mbb
07-13-2006, 12:21 PM
C'mon Baby! We're waiting to welcome you to the DIS!! :cheer2:

:grouphug: party: :jumping1: :welcome: :rainbow:

Baby Philippa "Pippa" is here!!

But I can't find the thread with all the good info for you. :goodvibes

Tinkerbeth has to chnge her thread title line!! :teeth: