PDA

View Full Version : Disney Themed Holiday Swap Sign-ups--CLOSED, but active

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Ok, I'm back! I am SOOOO sorry, and I will not be drawn in to the "just a quick run to get my truck serviced" again!!

Here are the details:

Due date is October 14th--that's when I need to receive your package. I will wait one week to return them, just in case of mail delays, etc. This swap is open to everyone!!! PrincessNancy96--I'm copying your directions! Thanks! :thumbsup2

1. You pick a HOLIDAY. Please note--this is not a "park-related" holiday swap (like for MVMCP or MNSSHP, etc.). It's a disney-themed holiday swap. That way, people can use it for their family albums, if they want to. (Can you tell that's my plan??)
2. Required--1 photo mat double-matted & embellished (for a 4 x 6 photo); 1 photo frame--double matted & embellished (for a 4 x 6 photo; and select any other 2 elements from the list below to complete your required 4 elements. This will give us a page kit for each holiday!
3. There will be only 6 people per group, so you can keep the production small! If you want to, you can join more than one group. There are 2 ONLY CHRISTMAS groups. I will post any other duplicate holidays in separate groups. I'd like to keep it to 10 groups--just so my house is not overrun with Disney holiday items! ;)
4. PLEASE pm me with your name & mailing address if you are not in the MGM Newbie Swap or the MK Ride Swap. If you have problems and need to drop out, or if any emergency happens, PLEASE let me know so I can get an angel or make other arrangements.
5. Most importantly, thanks for waiting on me today and HAVE FUN!! :dance3:

Element List--Please use double matting and NO handwriting.
Pick 2 in addition to your photo mat & photo frame described above.

1 Topper--8 inches long by 2 inches wide
1 Border--11 inches long
1 Journaling Box & 2 Embellished Squares (at least 2 x 2 writing space on box; double-matted squares)
4 embellished squares--double matted
2 Tags--with brad or eyelet
2 Slide Mounts
1 Journaling Box n Tag--see above
1 Tag & 2 embellished squares--see above
1 Mini File Folder & 2 squares--see above
1 Library Pocket & Tag
1 Shaker Box
1 Paper Piecing
1 Matted Poem or Song Lyric
1 license plate
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms (6 per person) AND fiber/ribbon (1 yard pp)

You don't have to let me know what elements you are doing--just your holiday!

Again, thanks for waiting! Here we go! I'm going to put the sign-up list in post # 3!

**click** Over & Out, swappers**click**

Quinn222
Christmas (Christmas only group)! Thanksgiving in mixed group please!

StitchIsOurHero
Sign-ups:

NOTE: Groups C, H, & K are the CHRISTMAS ONLY groups. I know it would've been smarter to put them together in the alphabet--not sure why I didn't do that!
Group A--CLOSED
1. Quinn222--Thanksgiving
2. rlovew--Valentine's Day
3. Yodasmom--Halloween
4. ddavis--Easter
5. StitchIsOurHero--New Year's Eve
6. KatDisney--4th of July

Group B--CLOSED
1. StitchIsOurHero--Easter
2. katdisney--Valentine's Day
3. mickster--birthday (GREAT IDEA!!)
4. PrincessNancy96--4th of July
5. michellepooh--Halloween
(Group B received one of their own back).

Group C (ALL CHRISTMAS)--CLOSED:
1. Quinn222
2. YodasMom
3. hopemax
4. michellepooh
5. spot angeled by KAMommy
6. MickeyTeacher

Group D--CLOSED
1.ddavis860--Valentine's Day
2.Kat Disney--Halloween
3. StitchIsOurHero--St. Patrick's Day
4. hopemax--4th of July
5. michellepooh--Easter
6. alexwyattmommy--Thanksgiving

Group E--CLOSED:
1.ddavis860--Christmas
2.Tracks n Slabs--4th of July
3. StitchIsOurHero--Thanksgiving
4. alexwyattmommy--Valentine's Day
5. PrincessNancy96--St. Patrick's Day
6. KAMommy--Halloween

Group F--CLOSED:
1. BernardandMissBiana--Valentine's Day
2.Tracks n Slabs--Halloween
3. alexwyattmommy--Happy Birthday
4. Easter--angeled by Mickey Teacher
5. cocacolamom--July 4th
(Group F received one of their own back)

Group G--CLOSED:
1. BernardandMissBianca--Thanksgiving
2. StitchIsOurHero--Birthday
3. PrincessNancy96--St. Patrick's Day
4. TracksnSlabs--Father's Day
5. Halloween--angeled by Mickey Teacher
6. michellepooh--4th of July

Group H (CHRISTMAS ONLY)--CLOSED
1. michellepooh
2. PoohBearLovinMama
3.Caitsmama
4. YodasMom
5. cocacolamom
6.Bernard&MissBianca

Group I--CLOSED:
1. Tracks n Slabs--Mother's Day
2. Bernard&MissBianca--Halloween
3. Easter--angeled by Mickster
4. StitchIsOurHero (fill-in)--birthdays
5. 4th of July--angeled by Mickey Teacher
6. rlovew--New Year's Eve

Group J:
1. jennyL--Halloween
2. YodasMom--Halloween
3. MickeyTeacher--Birthdays
4. 4th of July--angeled by KAMommy
5. Michellepooh--Thanksgiving
6. DianaLyn--Easter

Group K (CHRISTMAS ONLY)--CLOSED:
1. jennyL
2 havencruiser
3 KAMommy (fill-in)--THANKS FOR ANGELING!!
4. rlovew
(everyone received 2 of their own back :guilty: )

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Quinn--I've got you in the all Christmas group, and for Thanksgiving in group A. :cool1:

YodasMom
06-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Welcome home, Brooke!!

Please put me in the Christmas Group.

Also, please sign me up for Halloween in Group A.

Thanks for hosting!

KatDisney
YAY!

Ok..Signing up for my scrapaholic buddies who had to leave:

rlovew would like Christmas and valentines day

ddavis860 Would like Christmas Halloween and easter

I would like in 4 groups

Christmas
Halloween
Valentines
fourth of July

Quinn222
Quinn--I've got you in the all Christmas group, and for Thanksgiving in group A. :cool1:

OMG I am so excited!! (and I got two pages done and read the new Janet Evanovich while I waited for the sign ups. Just so I didn't feel like a total stalker. :woohoo:

Mickster
06-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi! Do birthdays count as holidays? If yes, then I'd like to do birthday. (Duh...) If not, then I'll do Christmas.

hopemax
06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Only Christmas

Wait, are we supposed to list our elements or not? Okay, I can read! No elements needed.

Woo Hoo!

Tracks N Slabs
06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Can I have
Group A: 4th of July
Group B: Halloween

thanks

hopemax
06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Alright, I am falling off that no more swaps wagon. I really was just going to do the one, but the groups are small... :rolleyes1

I'd also like to sign up for Fourth of July, whatever group is fine.

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Woo hoo! :wave: party: :dancer: :jumping1: YOU'RE BACK!!!
Yes, never believe a man when they say it will be a "QUICK" trip... It's never a quick trip! :rotfl:
You know what... I want to do 4th of July! I just love that idea!
I'll let you know if I think of anything else... :surfweb:

Michellepooh
06-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi! Could I please have Groups A, B, and C? I can do any of the holidays (Halloween, 4th of July, Easter, Christmas, etc.) - whatever is available. Thanks!

edited: I see group A is filled. Could I have the 2 Christmas groups and any other 2 groups that are available?

AlexWyattMommy
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Put me Valentines any group
Thanksgiving/Harvest festival any group
Happy Birthday any group

PoohBearLovinMama
06-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Whew, I think I can handle a Oct due date. Could I please be ina Christmas only group? Not sure about my elements yet though.

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 02:57 PM
BernardandMissBianca wants in but I'm not sure where... hold her spot! I think she is feeding the kids! :)

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
ello There Stitch

can I get moved into Group c the all christmas groupie.. and then In F I will do memorial day.

Michellepooh
06-24-2006, 03:01 PM
OK, I've decided:

Group B: Thanksgiving
Group C: Christmas
Group D: Easter
Group H: Christmas

Thanks!

YodasMom
06-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Could I also be in the Group H all Christmas group, please?

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow! I'm so glad everyone is interested!

I think I have everyone updated so far. I had to move some people just to not duplicate holidays.

Nancy--I think I got Buffy down for what she wanted. She had mentioned it in the earlier thread! I hope I did--if I didn't, I'll just start another group! :rotfl:

Thanks, everyone, for being so interested! :thumbsup2

Tracks N Slabs
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Can I also add a Fathers Day & a Mothers Day, where they'll fit in?

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow! I'm so glad everyone is interested!

I think I have everyone updated so far. I had to move some people just to not duplicate holidays.

Nancy--I think I got Buffy down for what she wanted. She had mentioned it in the earlier thread! I hope I did--if I didn't, I'll just start another group! :rotfl:

Thanks, everyone, for being so interested! :thumbsup2
No problem.. I was trying to find what she wanted but my natives decided to start picking on one another so mom had to go yell a little.. I hope I didn't startle any of you!

Also, could I do St.Patricks Day in another group?

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Add me for memorial day and then Im not doing any more..lol

cocacolamom
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
I would love to be in:

Group F-July 4th
Group H-Christmas only

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 03:14 PM
It always AMAZES me to see a swap fill up so fast. This is awesome.

Thanks for hosting :)

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks for hosting Brooke!!!
Let me know if you need anything!!! ;)

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 03:24 PM
You know you don't have to thank me for hosting! ;) We're just feeding my addiction. . .one swap at a time! :thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
06-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone for holding a spot for me! I was feeding the baby and DS5 has come down with a 102 fever.

I think you have me down right Valentines and Thanksgiving. Can I get in on a Christmas only group too please and a Halloween.

Thanks! We missed you!!! Tell your DH you're not allowed to help him any more!

fanofthemouse
06-24-2006, 03:39 PM
The swaps are filling up so fast...no time to work

Can I have

Group F Thanksgiving
Group G Easter
Group H
Group I Hallowween

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I've got you down! I told DH that I was, from now on, unable to attend these "truck servicing" things with him! ;)

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I thought of another swap last night...told DH about it so we'd remember because we were in bed watching TV..and when I got up this morning.. He forgot and so did I... EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR
Reminder, place note pad by bed for emergency swap ideas! :teeth:

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 03:53 PM
lol Nancy

I warned my husband this morning about this swap and He just rolled his eyes. He got a big kick out of our *covert actions* while waiting he said at least I'm not the only one who is :crazy:

jennyL
06-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I just got back. Can I still get in for a Christmas and a Halloween.

Thanks.

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
ETA: I just opened another CHRISTMAS ONLY group (group K) b/c those seem to be popular! It looks like we've just got a few spots left--WOW! You all are FAST!

fanofthemouse--I think our posts overlapped! I swapped some of your groups around, but I think you got the holidays you wanted.

jennyL--I've got you down, too! I put you in the ALL CHRISTMAS group, plus one group for Halloween. . .is that the way you wanted it?

PrincessNancy96--another swap idea??? :woohoo: Whatever it is, you know I'm in!!

KatDisney--I prefer to believe we are all just very into our crafts, not :crazy: . My DH, however, agrees with yours-- :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: .

Quinn222---is the new Janet Evanovich book good? I cannot wait to read it!

YodasMom
06-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Is there room for another Halloween?

BernardandMissBianca
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I thought of another swap last night...told DH about it so we'd remember because we were in bed watching TV..and when I got up this morning.. He forgot and so did I... EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR
Reminder, place note pad by bed for emergency swap ideas! :teeth:

Me too!!! Good vs. Evil
1/2 the group would do good and the other would do evil or 1 person in each group would do good and evil.
Examples:
Ariel vs. Ursula

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Buffy--That is an AWESOME idea! The villains are my favorite characters! I guess we know what side I'd be on! :rotfl2:

YodasMom--someone has Halloween in each group, but since that's such a popular choice, I just gave you Halloween also in group J. That way, there are 2 Halloweens in that group. If you all are like me, I always have tons of Halloween pics (not sure how that happens, since we don't have kids, but oh well!)

YodasMom
06-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Buffy--That is an AWESOME idea! The villains are my favorite characters! I guess we know what side I'd be on! :rotfl2:

YodasMom--someone has Halloween in each group, but since that's such a popular choice, I just gave you Halloween also in group J. That way, there are 2 Halloweens in that group. If you all are like me, I always have tons of Halloween pics (not sure how that happens, since we don't have kids, but oh well!)

Thanks, Brooke! It would be cool to have an all Halloween group. I have tons of pics!

And, yes, I like the good vs. evil idea........I like the bad girls and boys all the way!

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Me too!!! Good vs. Evil
1/2 the group would do good and the other would do evil or 1 person in each group would do good and evil.
Examples:
Ariel vs. Ursula

OH! now that would be so *wicked* cool! I'd do that one..lol.. Just don't tell DH..lol.. oh and if ya did that swap can ya make it due like LATE october or early November..lol

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Late October--in honor of Halloween! Or early November--"Thankful" for the bad girls & boys who make life interesting! (Leave it to the guidance counselor to try to put the "bulletin board" spin on things! :rotfl: )

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
lol Nancy

I warned my husband this morning about this swap and He just rolled his eyes. He got a big kick out of our *covert actions* while waiting he said at least I'm not the only one who is :crazy:
:crazy:
My DH said the same thing..
He got tickled to see us on our covert missions!!! He said we'd make a good crew at a swap sale!!

Tracks N Slabs
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I like the Good v. Evil idea. I think it would be fun.

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Me too!!! Good vs. Evil
Examples:
Ariel vs. Ursula
Ok Buffy that's your swap..
This is your mission if you choose to take it???
Will you take it???

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Take it, Buffy, take it!!!! (picture a whole bunch of swappers banging their hands on the table and chanting this!)

We're all around today--we could sign up now! (I'm picturing Buffy traveling quickly to TN right now to smack me on the head! :rotfl2: )

Michellepooh
06-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Could I also add Group G: 4th of July?

Thanks! I've been waiting for this swap!!

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I've got you down, michellepooh! Thanks for helping me close off that one spot in group G! :thumbsup2

ETA: I looked back over the interest thread and the covert op thread. I got havencruiser added (she's in WDW) and Ohana 4 added to the Christmas group (that's the one I think she wanted). Do you all know of anyone else who was really interested who might have missed it?

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I will stealth over and peek around and see if I can uncover any MIA's

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you, Operative KatDisney, for accepting this assignment! :thumbsup2 You, like Mulan, bring honor to us all! ;)

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
ok found one .. but this was my mistake as I didn't specify which christmas she wanted in on. My bad..

rlovew wanted in an all christmas group.. so can ya move her out of group B and into group K

Ohana 4
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd like Group I for Birthdays please

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Ohana 4--birthdays in group I it is! I've got you down!

KatDisney--thanks for the rlovew update! I'll get her moved!

KatDisney
06-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok the possible people still left that have not signed up that showed interest in the original thread are as follows:

Mickeyfan2
hiclarke
cannp123165
potterphreak
Caitsmama
FireWife

Those are all that I've found.

*returns to the Commander N Chief with her report*

PrincessNancy96
06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
hiclarke is at a cook out today for their farewell party.. They are moving next weekend I believe to FLORIDA!!! Hopefully, she'll check in tomorrow!

Quinn222
06-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Quinn222---is the new Janet Evanovich book good? I cannot wait to read it!

Yes! I loved it. I don't want to spoil you on it but trust me, it's as fun and funny and sexy as always. And hey, this is my 1000th post. I should mention Ranger and Morrelli just so can say my 1000th pst was about two hot guys! ;)

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:45 PM
You have done well, Operative KatDisney! :rotfl: The Covert Op team is proud!

ETA: Operative PrincessNancy96--the Covert Op team thanks you for checking in, too! :lmao:

I think potterphreak posted that she was not going to be able to do this one. I think we have enough spots left for the others, if they want to get in. If we have to double a holiday in a group, we can do that--I'd hate for someone who really wants in to get left out!

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes! I loved it. I don't want to spoil you on it but trust me, it's as fun and funny and sexy as always. And hey, this is my 1000th post. I should mention Ranger and Morrelli just so can say my 1000th pst was about two hot guys! ;)

Ok, I have got to catch up with you 1000 post people! How am I not there yet--DH says I am on this all the time!!! :rotfl:

I can't wait for this book! KAMommy & I have read all of the others (she is reading 12 now). We have decided that Benjamin Bratt (from "Law & Order" & "Miss Congeniality") can play Ranger & Matthew McConaughey can play Morelli in the movies. Thinking of that makes the books even more enjoyable! ;)

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, I think the rush is over! :sunny: I am headed to the park for a walk with DH & one of the :dogdance: s, and then a quick trip to Target. Covert Op team, please hold down the fort while I'm gone! This trip, I know, will only take about 2 hours--I'm controlling the time, this time! :rotfl:

Quinn222
06-24-2006, 05:49 PM
We have decided that Benjamin Bratt (from "Law & Order" & "Miss Congeniality") can play Ranger & Matthew McConaughey can play Morelli in the movies. Thinking of that makes the books even more enjoyable! ;)

Hmm. I like both of them but Bejamin Bratt really doesn't seem buff enough (or cuban enough) to me for Ranger and MM isn't Italian enough for Morrelli. How about Jon Bon Jovi for Morrelli? He's Italian and he's from New Jersey and he's a pretty good actor. Who did you pick for Stephanie?

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Jon Bon Jovi--VERY NICE suggestion! I always kind of pictured Morrelli as a bigger guy, though (even though MM isn't all that big). I know MM isn't quite Italian enough, but if they could teach him a Jersey accent, we'd be good to go! I would go watch MM read the encyclopedia, no matter what he sounded like!

I read a rumor somewhere that Reese Witherspoon is going to be Stephanie Plum in the movies--that just doesn't do it for me. I like Reese, but she's just missing "something" for that role. My pick for that is Sandra Bullock. My other pick (but it won't happen) is Laura San Giacomo, who used to be on "Just Shoot Me" and is Julia Roberts' friend on "Pretty Woman".

I'm off to Target (had to bring the dog back home after the walk), so if we get any more swappers, I'll add them in when I get back! I must resist buying the 12th book!!! ;)

Quinn222
06-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I read a rumor somewhere that Reese Witherspoon is going to be Stephanie Plum in the movies--that just doesn't do it for me. I like Reese, but she's just missing "something" for that role. My pick for that is Sandra Bullock. My other pick (but it won't happen) is Laura San Giacomo, who used to be on "Just Shoot Me" and is Julia Roberts' friend on "Pretty Woman".

Oh no, Reese doesn't do it for me either. Too white bread. Laura San Giacomo would be prefect! These are really colorful people. The standard leading lady/leading man types just aren't quite right for it. What about Tank and Lulu? Not to mention Sally! Oh and Bob and Rex of course ;)

Oh, BTW, I have a calendar from Showtime on my desk at work. MM was the May picture. I looked forward to May for months and I didn't turn it over to June until about halfway though the month!

BernardandMissBianca
06-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Alright you guys you're veering away from the mission!!

As for mission ALPHA 1-9'er, good vs. evil, I have no issues commanding a team of my finest and bravest soldiers. However I'm going under cover as Pit Crew Chief for our upcoming car show in MD. I will be gone until July 3.

I can post our mission and tactical maneuvers once I return to home base. All assignments must be returned by Mid November, get it out of the way before we go home on leave and pull some KP duty.

BTW Brooke, I'm headed your way for that knock to the back of the head but I'm detouring to Nancy's first. She needs a good wallop too! :rotfl2:

DISmissed....

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok, Commander Buffy, veering back to the mission now! (Although, Quinn, I must say--it would have been May ALL YEAR LONG for me!) Back on track now. . .

So, sign-ups after July 3, Commander? That works for me! July 3rd is my last day of filling in at the bank, and then I will be off until July 28th--more time for scrapping, swapping, and my DIS addiction! I concur on the assignments due by November--that KP late November and the following fitting the house to holiday regulations takes up so much time, there can be no time for swapping!

Nancy & I are suitably scared and will look out the door in a very frightened manner awaiting your impending arrival for the walloping! ;)

As far as the HOLIDAY SWAP mission goes--I hope we have a few more people to take those slots! They just look so lonely right now ! :yay:

MyLittlePiglet
06-24-2006, 08:38 PM
OMG I am so excited!! (and I got two pages done and read the new Janet Evanovich while I waited for the sign ups. Just so I didn't feel like a total stalker. :woohoo:

OTB...... HOw it the Evanovich? I work in Trenton, NJ were a lot of her stories are based. She uses a lot of real places..... My office is obssessed with her stuff.... I haven't read one yet.

Thanks
M

PixieDust32
06-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh no! I'm late AGAIN! :(

Group J:
1. jennyL--Halloween
2. YodasMom--Halloween
3. Pixiedust32 --4 of July

Group K (CHRISTMAS ONLY):

ME

MyLittlePiglet
06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
I think my husband will divorce me if I sign up for another swap. :confused3

KatDisney- I told him all our emails back and forth and that I decided to do your swap and I saw the gleam in his eye that he thinks I have gone too far... but what I do after the children are asleep is my business if it doesn't take time away from him...... and hey I love baseball just as much as he does.... however I need to watch it live so when he is watching baseball games on TV..... you get the idea..... okay yeah point to babbling

I volunteer as angel if needed. :angel: Although I love KAtDisney for making room for me :lovestruc I really think if I sign up for this my head will roll :rotfl: (he doesn't know about ABC swap ahhhaaaahahahaha) :blush:

PixieDust32
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
My husband gave up lomg time ago, LOL! Poor him. :)

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 09:08 PM
PixieDust32--you are NOT late! I've got you in! We would've made room if we needed to! ;)

MyLittlePiglet--you're really going to sit this one out? I understand about the DH thing--except now, after mine rolls his eyes, he starts looking at the cardstock saying, "Maybe that color would work." I have corrupted him! We will miss you on this swap! :wave2:

rlovew
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Thank you for getting me in the all Christmas group and as Valentines Day in the other one, can you put me down for New Year's Eve in Group I. My DH is letting me do anything I want with scrapping since we just spent $2800 on a new guitar for him today. Anything that keeps me busy while he plays will be fine with him. Also I get to go to Disney for my 30th birthday- that was our deal.

hopemax
06-24-2006, 09:54 PM
My DH has advanced to eye rolling too. However, *his* thing is strategy games. He is big into trading games right now. So between his thing, and my swaps we are spending a small fortune on postage. Both of us keep telling the other, that we aren't doing anymore until after our trips this summer...and then something comes up AND.JUST.ONE.MORE.

BernardandMissBianca
06-24-2006, 10:04 PM
playing the trade game here too.

Honey I need new rotors and a spare wheel for the car.
Really? Well I just happen to need a new sizzix alphabet set.
Sure you can have the alphabet.
Go ahead and order the car stuff.

See he wants to do a scrapbook for the car shows so I get to buy the stuff we "need".
Ain't love grand?!

StitchIsOurHero
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Honey I need new rotors and a spare wheel for the car.
Really? Well I just happen to need a new sizzix alphabet set.
Sure you can have the alphabet.
Go ahead and order the car stuff.

:rotfl2: :lmao:

rlovew--I've got you added! :yay:

ddavis860
06-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks Kat for getting me in the swap! :thumbsup2

Thanks Brooke for hosting. :teeth:

KatDisney
06-25-2006, 12:20 AM

As for mission ALPHA 1-9'er, good vs. evil, I have no issues commanding a team of my finest and bravest soldiers. However I'm going under cover as Pit Crew Chief for our upcoming car show in MD. I will be gone until July 3.

I can post our mission and tactical maneuvers once I return to home base. All assignments must be returned by Mid November, get it out of the way before we go home on leave and pull some KP duty.

BTW Brooke, I'm headed your way for that knock to the back of the head but I'm detouring to Nancy's first. She needs a good wallop too! :rotfl2:

DISmissed....

Woot Woot Woot!

Mickeyteacher
06-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks for putting me in the all christmas group yesterday- I have two more all Saturday classes until I'm completely done with this degree- DH doesn't say anything about swapping because I'm getting a big fat raise once I'm done on July 15th. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
With that being said- I would like to play in the last group open if possible also- Can I have birthdays? :bday:

Thanks for hosting, Brooke,
Shawna

fanofthemouse
06-25-2006, 08:02 AM
I'll take a spot in the last group 4th of july please.

Quinn222
06-25-2006, 08:10 AM
... I haven't read one yet.

OMG, Treat in store! They are fantastic.

Michellepooh
06-25-2006, 08:29 AM
If there is still room in Group J I will take a spot.

StitchIsOurHero
06-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Mickeyteacher, Michellepooh, & fanofthemouse--I've got you added! :thumbsup2

Just one spot left, everyone! Anyone want it? :confused3

Mickeyteacher--congratulations on being almost done with your classes! I know what a pain those are! ;)

Diana Lyn
06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I'll take the last spot with Easter! :cool1:

PrincessNancy96
06-25-2006, 11:22 AM

DISmissed....
Commander Buffy,
I'm up for the mission ALPHA 1-9er! Now with signups being after 3 July, I will be able to sit down and think about this!!! Woo hoo!!!:)

Are you the one who hit my tree and knocked some branches down in the backyard? I mean I did block the drive for the kids to play ball and now there are limbs down in the backyard! :confused3

Ok, off for some tactical manuvers with the family today.. We may be scouring the zoo for inspiration!!!
WHO-HA! * I realize that is not spelled right.. I'm sorry*

Caitsmama
06-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Man o man!! I can't believe i missed this!!!! Geez, i am away for one day and bam@!
( I don't have computer access at home, only at my shop)..

Oh, well.. if you need an angel, please call!! I am very interested in Christmas...
Thanks.
Stacy

StitchIsOurHero
06-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Diana Lyn--I've got you added to the last group! :cheer2:

Caitsmama--You are now in group H--that's a Christmas only group! :banana: ;)

Thanks, everyone, for participating! :thumbsup2

Caitsmama
06-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Great!thanks so much!!!

BernardandMissBianca
06-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Commander Buffy,
I'm up for the mission ALPHA 1-9er! Now with signups being after 3 July, I will be able to sit down and think about this!!! Woo hoo!!!:)

Are you the one who hit my tree and knocked some branches down in the backyard? I mean I did block the drive for the kids to play ball and now there are limbs down in the backyard! :confused3

Ok, off for some tactical manuvers with the family today.. We may be scouring the zoo for inspiration!!!
WHO-HA! * I realize that is not spelled right.. I'm sorry*

I feel your pain! I loved my apple tree and now 1/2 of it's gone. We also lost 1/2 of a huge maple tree last fall. Darn Wind!!!

Diana Lyn
06-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Diana Lyn--I've got you added to the last group! :cheer2:

Thank You!!

Can I be the first official pain to change my holiday to Valentine's Day? I just got back from AC Moore with a new cricut cartridge and there's some really cute heart things that I'll just have to try out! :blush:

StitchIsOurHero
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Diana Lyn--you are NOT a pain! I'll change you! I am, however, green with envy that you have a Cricut! :teeth:

ddavis860
06-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Thank You!!

Can I be the first official pain to change my holiday to Valentine's Day? I just got back from AC Moore with a new cricut cartridge and there's some really cute heart things that I'll just have to try out! :blush:

OOOO....which one did ya get? Were you able to use a coupon? :teeth:

Diana Lyn
06-25-2006, 07:14 PM
OOOO....which one did ya get? Were you able to use a coupon? :teeth:

AC Moore had a 50% off for today only and I was able to use it!! So I got it for $45. DH came with me, otherwise I would have gotten another and just not told him about it! :lmao:

I got Tags, Bags, Boxes which I believe I told you before I had no interest in gettting. Well, I'm in love!

OK, I'm hijacking the thread for just a second, look at how cute these are!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/DSC03093.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/DSC03092.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/DSC03091.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/DSC03090.jpg

I'll return the thread back to the swap theme now!

PrincessNancy96
06-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Those are too cute Diana Lyn!!! I love the Minnnie one!!! OMG!! Too cute!!!

StitchIsOurHero
06-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Diana Lyn--I love, love, love the Minnie one! :love:

Diana Lyn
06-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Diana Lyn--I love, love, love the Minnie one! :love:

Thanks everyone! As you can see, I've managed to incorporate my Prima Flowers addiction to my Cricut addiction. Thank goodness there are support groups around like this one to help me out! :lmao:

ddavis860
06-26-2006, 12:07 AM
AC Moore had a 50% off for today only and I was able to use it!! So I got it for $45. DH came with me, otherwise I would have gotten another and just not told him about it! :lmao:

I got Tags, Bags, Boxes which I believe I told you before I had no interest in gettting. Well, I'm in love!

:yay: :yay: :yay: I love that one too!! Those purses are just TOO CUTE!!!

Caitsmama
06-26-2006, 09:07 AM
OMG.. those bags are soooo cute!!!!

ddavis860
06-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone! As you can see, I've managed to incorporate my Prima Flowers addiction to my Cricut addiction. Thank goodness there are support groups around like this one to help me out! :lmao:

:lmao: Oh, we'll help you alright.... :rotfl:

BernardandMissBianca
06-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Diana,
What day are you going to arrive at the YC?
I'll be there on Friday morning. I actually don't start scrapping until Sat though. It's DH's birthday on Friday so we're having dinner at Biergarten.

Diana Lyn
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Diana,
What day are you going to arrive at the YC?
I'll be there on Friday morning. I actually don't start scrapping until Sat though. It's DH's birthday on Friday so we're having dinner at Biergarten.

We actually arrive on Thursday morning and are spending the night at BWV then move to YC on Friday. We don't start scrapping until Saturday either and we wanted to get another day of Disney in w/out the kids! :blush:

BernardandMissBianca
06-26-2006, 10:32 AM
We actually arrive on Thursday morning and are spending the night at BWV then move to YC on Friday. We don't start scrapping until Saturday either and we wanted to get another day of Disney in w/out the kids! :blush:

It's so weird without the kids, I went to SDV last year with my mom. It was fun but I felt like I was missing something.

Maybe we'll get seated near each other! The friend I was going with can't make it now so I'm scrapping alone. Their up to 664 can you believe it?!

PrincessNancy96
06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
It's so weird without the kids, I went to SDV last year with my mom. It was fun but I felt like I was missing something.

Maybe we'll get seated near each other! The friend I was going with can't make it now so I'm scrapping alone. Their up to 664 can you believe it?!
Hate to cut in..but I so can relate to feeling like something is missing when the kids are with me!!!
Sorry to hear your friend can't go now.. :(

BernardandMissBianca
06-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Hate to cut in..but I so can relate to feeling like something is missing when the kids are with me!!!
Sorry to hear your friend can't go now.. :(

Want to take her place???? Come on all you need is to pay for the scrap space and the airline ticket. DH can handle 5 kids for 3 days, right? :rotfl2:

PrincessNancy96
06-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Want to take her place???? Come on all you need is to pay for the scrap space and the airline ticket. DH can handle 5 kids for 3 days, right? :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
He can't handle 1 for 5 minutes!!! I love my DH but he isn't the disciplinarian so could you imagine what my house would look like!
I wish I could be we actually start school in August so you know the chaos I will be in come August 1... Which reminds me.. I need to set up eye and dr. appts for back to school!

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
He can't handle 1 for 5 minutes!!! I love my DH but he isn't the disciplinarian so could you imagine what my house would look like!
I wish I could be we actually start school in August so you know the chaos I will be in come August 1... Which reminds me.. I need to set up eye and dr. appts for back to school!

Next year we're doing Burlington, MA maybe you can make it then!

PrincessNancy96
06-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Next year we're doing Burlington, MA maybe you can make it then!
Keep me posted on dates and I'll get DH to work it in the schedule!!! :)

PoohBearLovinMama
07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to check before I get going on this. It is one photo mat AND frame right? Not photo mat OR frame. :)

StitchIsOurHero
07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Yes! You are exactly right! It is one photo mat & one photo frame, plus the 2 elements you choose. You are on the ball! :thumbsup2 Thanks for checking in! :cool1:

Quinn222
07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I've made my Thanksgiving frames, just have to do the mats and then do my Christmas ones. I decided to do all of those first, especially the frames. I find those kid of fussy to cut out. Anyone have any tips on cutting frames?

KatDisney
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Checking in, although I have not started. I have several other swaps I need to finish off first.
I do have my ideas though :)

Mickster
07-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Also checking in. I've gotten my paper, but no progress yet. Ideas are floating in my head, just like my kids in the pool. :rolleyes1

Tracks N Slabs
07-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Checking in as well :-) Got some cut and the ideas all sketched out.

Mickeyteacher
07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I have a few ideas- but I have not started yet. I'm working on a few other swaps first.

Shawna

Quinn222
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Question: We are doing one frame and one mat. Is there any preference for the orientation of them? Should they both be the same (ie: both vertical or both horizontal) or one of each?

Mickster
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I have been trying to make them so that it doesn't matter. I put embellishments on the corners. I don't know if that helps you decide about your design, though...

AlexWyattMommy
07-13-2006, 09:37 PM
I was going to do one of each. My ideas require them to be one or the other, not interchangeable.
So for my update, I have the paper, the emblishments and ideas ready for sketching.

cocacolamom
07-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm just in the beginning stages. I have some elements cut out but that's it. :cool1:

Quinn222
07-14-2006, 06:22 AM
I was going to do one of each. My ideas require them to be one or the other, not interchangeable.
So for my update, I have the paper, the emblishments and ideas ready for sketching.

I guess that's what I'll do then. I've got my frames and mats made for Thanksgiving. I just have to do the embellishing. I've cut out the blanks for the Christmas ones but not put them together yet.

ddavis860
07-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Question: We are doing one frame and one mat. Is there any preference for the orientation of them? Should they both be the same (ie: both vertical or both horizontal) or one of each?

Hmmmm, this is a really good question. Do most people do one of each? :confused3

rlovew
07-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I have my papers and have thought about my ideas but don't have everything sketched out yet. I have a few other things I am taking care of first.

StitchIsOurHero
07-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm, this is a really good question. Do most people do one of each? :confused3

I really don't have an opinion one away or the other on this! ;) Most of my pics are horizontal, but we have a lot of vertical ones, too. It doesn't matter to me! I'll just pick the pic to go with the mat/frame, however it is oriented! :thumbsup2

StitchIsOurHero
07-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone! I am getting ready to post a progress thread for this one--even though I know the deadline is quite a ways off. Here's my little dilemma. . .somehow, I have myself signed up twice in group A. Once for Halloween and once for New Year's Eve. I remember signing up for the NYE one, but I don't think I meant to do the Halloween one, too, and I definitely don't want to be twice in the same group! :rotfl2:

Does someone else want the Halloween (or other holiday) slot in group A? Does someone else already think they have it and I typed the wrong name in by mistake? Just let me know!

Thanks! :banana:

YodasMom
07-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi Brooke,
I was originally the one who signed up for and was placed in Group 1 for Halloween and then you later moved me to Group 2 for Halloween. I would love to be back in Group 1 so I can get your New Years Eve items if that's possible to move me back.

If that works for you, feel free to move me back, but whatever you decide is fine! :)

Thanks and thanks for all you hard work, as usual!!

Hi everyone! I am getting ready to post a progress thread for this one--even though I know the deadline is quite a ways off. Here's my little dilemma. . .somehow, I have myself signed up twice in group A. Once for Halloween and once for New Year's Eve. I remember signing up for the NYE one, but I don't think I meant to do the Halloween one, too, and I definitely don't want to be twice in the same group! :rotfl2:

Does someone else want the Halloween (or other holiday) slot in group A? Does someone else already think they have it and I typed the wrong name in by mistake? Just let me know!

Thanks! :banana:

AlexWyattMommy
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Brooke,
If you put Yodasmom in Group A for your Halloween, you can put me in her spot in Group B and could it be Christmas or Mardi Gras instead? Your choice, you're hostess so which ever holiday you would rather have.
Thanks.

StitchIsOurHero
07-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks, you guys! I was so confused about what to do/what I had done on this one! :confused3 I'll move Karen (YodasMom) to group A for Halloween. Then, alexwyattmommy, you can have group B, and it's totally up to you on your holiday! Christmas might be easier to find stuff for, but Mardi Gras would be cool, too. Just whatever you decide!

Thanks for helping to keep me sane! :thumbsup2

MyLittlePiglet
07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Man you all move to fast :) I just got the emails about this and jumped on to offer to fill in and already taken care of :wizard: You guys are too much :cool1:

Mickster
07-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey, I was just sketching out some ideas and was wondering if it was ok to do 4 bottle caps for each person? It isn't listed for this swap, but it is listed for others. What do you think? I think I'm in group 2 but I don't remember. :confused3 That would actually be Group B, I just checked ;)

Thanks!

StitchIsOurHero
07-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I think that sounds great! 4 bottle caps is a great idea--I love those!!

I bought my stuff for this swap this week, but I have several to get out of the way first. My goal is to have ALL of my pre-Christmas swaps done by Labor day (ok, like that's going to happen, but I can dream! :rolleyes: )

Mickster
07-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I like the sound of that goal. Maybe that will be mine, too. Here's to hoping! :lmao:

Mickeyteacher
10-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Ok.... I'm having a :confused3 moment. I cut out my elements last night before I checked the thread. Is it ok to do 2 mats? I have my Christmas ones all cut out.
Just let me know,
Shawna

PrincessNancy96
10-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Ok.... I'm having a :confused3 moment. I cut out my elements last night before I checked the thread. Is it ok to do 2 mats? I have my Christmas ones all cut out.
Just let me know,
Shawna
Yes, Shawna!!! You can do to mats... Brooke changed it up like I did the rare character swap!! 2 mats, 2 frames or one of each.. your choice!! :)

Mickeyteacher
10-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Yes, Shawna!!! You can do to mats... Brooke changed it up like I did the rare character swap!! 2 mats, 2 frames or one of each.. your choice!! :)

Awesome!

StitchIsOurHero
10-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Nancy, for covering me! The wedding is finally over, so I can get back to the more important things. . .scrapbooking and swapping!!!! :banana: