PDA

View Full Version : Off site hotel for US/IOA visit

disneyjunkie
06-23-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm thinking of changing my April WDW trip to a DCL/US/IOA trip.

The Universal resorts aren't even an option. :sad2:

Can you all suggest a nice hotel or resort near the parks? I don't drive so I really need to stay some where with a shuttle.

There are only two of us in my family my son and I. My son will be 15 when we visit. This will be our first cruise and first visit to US.

Thanks

java
06-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Are you sure you can't swing a Royal Pacific stay. I LOVE the hotels at Universal and this one is their" budget" hotel but by no means is it budget. It is really a beautiful hotel and the front of the line access you get for staying onsite really is a perk that can't be beat. And with you not driving... I would think this is really a great choice. I think they even do a seaworld shuttle. We were able to snag a reasonable price and they often do stay 4 days pay for 3.

disneyjunkie
06-23-2006, 07:16 AM
I would love to stay at RP but it's just way more than I'm willing to pay. Our trip will fall during Easter break, so I'm sure I won't have any chance of getting a discount on the rate.

I figure we can stay offsite and purchase the express pass for one park. We can be at one park at opening to avoid lines, then use the express pass at the other park. :confused3 I hope this will work during such a busy time.

We only need a room for one night.

spiceycat
06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Best Western Universal
Fairfield Inn & suites at Universal
DoubleTree Suities at the entrance to US
Holiday Inn & suites Universal
Hampton Inn Universal

www.hotelkingdom.com
look at their description - it is pretty good about telling you where something is located

www.expedia.com

www.hotelmartusa.com

crazelion
06-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I would post your question on the US/IOA boards. I know someone has a website showing all the offsite hotels that close to US/IOA that's within walking distance.

BedKnobbery2
06-25-2006, 07:30 PM
I, too, would recommend trying to stay onsite. If you factor in the $70 for the express pass ($35 per person) into your hotel costs if you stay offsite, that might be closer to onsite costs. If you need to rely on a shuttle, it's also your best option. From my experience, offsite hotel shuttles are the total pits.

geffric
06-25-2006, 07:49 PM
We stayed at the Best Western near Universal last February. They had a free continental breakfast and the room was clean. One could walk to Universal but it is a long walk. The shuttle was fine. The driver gave us a phone number to call if we needed service that was different than the schedule.