PDA

View Full Version : cheapest clean hotel within 20 min of disney

mikewdw
06-22-2006, 10:11 PM
interested in clean, cheap motel close to disney. planning on driving in day before tickets start, go to downtown disney, and sleep outside park. want to get up at 6:00 next day so can go, check in, get tickets and be at park by opening.
thanks,
mike

spiceycat
06-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I haven't stayed here - but
Masters Inn - Main gate

http://www.mastersinnorlando.com/

however it very mixed reviews
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34352-d88573-Reviews-Masters_Inn_Maingate-Kissimmee_Florida.html

there is also a
best western lakeside
http://www.bestwesternlakeside.com/
it gets better reviews - it is also more expensive
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?lc=en_US&submit.y=3&returnTo=__2F__Hotel_Review__2D__g34352__2D__d8857 3__2D__Reviews__2D__Masters_Inn_Maingate__2D__Kiss immee_Florida__2E__html&geo=34352&submit.x=12&q=best+western+lakeside%2C+kissimmee%2C+orlando&rcbtimeout=30000&txid=99860&ssrc=r

spiceycat
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
for one night - I might just use priceline....

Lewisc
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I'd consider PL but PL adds a fee of $5-$10 (included with the tax figure). If you book something like a Comfort Inn you might get a free breakfast which might be worth an extra $10 or more.

BonnieA
06-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I love and use priceline but I don't think it's always worth it for one night. They have too high a fee which is worth paying if your stay is longer.
I've stayed at both Quality Inn Maingate West and Best Western Lakeside (which happen to be almost next to each other). They are located on 192 very near the back entrance to disney (Sherberth Rd). From there you can get to AK in about 5 minutes, other parks a little farther. Both are clean, basic motels that would serve your purpose. Q Inn has a free cont brkfst. Best Western has a fridge in the room.

anewvance
06-23-2006, 02:04 PM
I always say... Hawaiian Maingate Inn. It gets VERY mixed reviews on tripadvisor but coming from a hotel snob, i'll tell you that when I can't afford on property or am not in Orlando to go to Disney, I stay here... and i've stayed here like 7 times and have always had a clean room, there is a friendly staff and it's only 1 mile off of WDW property going West not East on 192 which makes for better traffic. Best part is that I pay $30 with fees and taxes included.

You will have to stop at a rest stop or a Denny's along the way in Florida and pick up a Traveler Discount Guide book... it is green and yellow. Inside is the coupon for the Hawaiian Maingate for $24.95. With the resort fee and tax you pay $31.xx. They recently broke away from their sister booking company but you can still call the number to get the direct number for the hotel from them. They will either tell you they are wide open for rooms and to just bring the coupon or if you insist, they will let you make a ressie and you bring the coupon with you.

It really is a great deal... my sister is hotel snob too (not as big as me) but she also stays here EVERY time she visits Orlando.

dyna
06-24-2006, 02:35 AM
We did not like the Hawaiian Maingate Inn The room we got was very strangely arranged and even just DH and I in the room we was constantly in the others way when getting ready to go out. Was very glad it was for only 1 night.

The Knights Inn almost directly across 192 from the Hawiaiian Inn was simular in price and we was happier here. The biggest disadvantage was the fact we could not turn left out onto 192 (as if we wanted to not with that traffic) right turn then down to the next street and make a Uturn or do what we did and pull into the gas station there and buy a gallon of milk for our disney stay.

Knights Inn is all 1st floor rooms with parking in front of your door.

I'd never want to stay here for several nights but it's great for a 1 night stay. Might make it our night stop before every disney visit.

OH and those coupon books can be gotten many places in Foridia usually get ours at the 1st rest stop we stop at on the interstate in FL. Pick up as many different ones as you can find all of them has different coupons sometimes they the same sometimes one has better deal than others.