PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the store "Its a Wrap"

AspiringCindy
06-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Is it worth a side trip when we go to Universal Studios to go to Its a Wrap?
Are the prices outragious?

Disney Hot Mama
07-04-2006, 01:43 AM

Is this the store where they retire soap opera and movie clothing....?
If so, I have heard of it but never gone. I don't even know where it is. I think the sizes would be rather on the small size and though I am not huge I am also not a size 0 - 6 like most of the actresses....

AspiringCindy
07-04-2006, 07:00 PM
That's the store!! :thumbsup2
I still can fit in a size 4...and 1 of my teenage DDs is a size 1 & the other is a size 0! Maybe I can find something that Hilary Duff wore for them!
I believe the store is located on W. Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank! I just wonder what the prices would be like! :confused3

Handbag Lady
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I've been to It's A Wrap quite a few times. It really depends on the item as to the price. If the garment has a "name" actor tag on it, of course it is more, say in the $100 range or higher depending on the item (blouse, pant, shirt, PJ's, silk, satin, leather, etc.) or actor. A Sarah Jessica Parker would be worth more than say, someone from The Parkers.

The last time I went, they had lovely gowns in the over $500 range. If it has a tag just of a show "Passions" then it is much less, in the under $40 range depending again on the item and original cost.

I was surprised by the amount of shoes and scarves and such. It's a lot of fun to just hunt and see what you can find. They tend to have a lot of what I would call "chorus" outfits. Meaning, if a particular scene requires extras to look like they are hookers, gansters, or swimmers, then you'll get a whole rack of clothes in the same style or type.

As a side note, be sure to look inside each item of clothing carefully. Sometimes something is missed and you can find a hat with an assignment tag of G. Clooney in it. Of course this is just an example and I didn't find THAT name, but years ago I did buy an outfit with the nametag of R. O'Donnell.

And they do have various sizes, as most extras are various sizes.

AspiringCindy
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
KEWL!!! :thumbsup2 I definitely want to go and see what they have!

Handbag Lady
07-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I am a serious shopaholic and I have the bills to prove it!!

The thing to keep in mind with this store is that it rotates stock quickly. It's like a treasure trove each time I visit. Sometimes, feh, nothing. Sometimes, I get so excited I can't stand it and then I call my shopaholic friend and chat to her about my finds.

I wish for you a treasure trove and none of this feh business.

Rena75
07-06-2006, 10:56 PM

I live just a few blocks from It's A Wrap and their prices have definitely escalated over the years!

One thing, too, to be careful of is to try everything on because the studios often alter the garments so a size 6 may not be a true size 6.

AspiringCindy
07-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I live just a few blocks from It's A Wrap and their prices have definitely escalated over the years!

One thing, too, to be careful of is to try everything on because the studios often alter the garments so a size 6 may not be a true size 6.

Great Tip!! Thank You!!

woody73
07-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Is it worth a side trip when we go to Universal Studios to go to Its a Wrap? . . .

I went to Universal Studios last Friday. Since you are going, check out the "Silver Screen" store (#35 on the park map). They sell clothing from the NBC Wardrobe Department. Shows like "Will & Grace." I thought the prices were very reasonable. Many designer labels, and clothing is marked with the names of actors/actresses/shows.

Woody

AspiringCindy
07-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I went to Universal Studios last Friday. Since you are going, check out the "Silver Screen" store (#35 on the park map). They sell clothing from the NBC Wardrobe Department. Shows like "Will & Grace." I thought the prices were very reasonable. Many designer labels, and clothing is marked with the names of actors/actresses/shows.

Woody
WOW!!! thanks!!

woody73
07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
WOW!!! thanks!!

They had everything from jeans to wedding dresses. It was just incredible! Some items even had the original price tags attached. But the sizes are hit or miss.

Woody