PDA

View Full Version : cars the movie

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I was off from work today, so I thought I would watch it :happytv: and I have to say that is one of the best movies disney has come out with!
anyone agree?

Crazy Hakim
06-22-2006, 07:33 AM
" pop in cars and watch it here at the house "?????

I assume you have an illegal, bootleg copy?
And you are proud of that fact?

mcgrawfan
06-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Loved it!! But....How are you watching it at home?????

imageid
06-22-2006, 08:46 AM
We took the kids the day we got home from WDW!! :moped: All of us thought it was great! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

pjlla
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Color me confused.... It only opened in theaters June 9th.... how are you watching it at home? It isn't even on Pay per view yet!................P

emh1129
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I haven't seen it yet.. hope to see it this week! :)

tchan03
06-22-2006, 01:13 PM
I watched it at the theatre. It's cute and quite creative. :thumbsup2 It's not as funny as previous Pixar movies, but still worthwhile to watch.

Terence

Missy1961
06-22-2006, 02:06 PM

Very interesting.

Crazy Hakim
06-22-2006, 04:07 PM
One more thing, if you do go see "Cars" (which I highly recommend), make sure you stay till the very end, not just thru the credits, ALL the way to the end or you will miss one more funny bit of the story.........

mrsbornkuntry
06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
One more thing, if you do go see "Cars" (which I highly recommend), make sure you stay till the very end, not just thru the credits, ALL the way to the end or you will miss one more funny bit of the story.........

Thanks for the tip, I think my DH is going to take the kids to see it this weekend. :thumbsup2

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
actually yea I guess I am...

I save alot of money and buy my own popcorn and drinks here at the house.
so if you wanna flame me go ahead I really don't care.

DizParks
06-22-2006, 04:54 PM
actually yea I guess I am...

I save alot of money and buy my own popcorn and drinks here at the house.
so if you wanna flame me go ahead I really don't care.

I think I hear the MPAA heading to your house, lol jk.

Hedy
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Ooh, are we having the "bending the law is a budget skill" fight? popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I think I hear the MPAA heading to your house, lol jk.

Bring'em on! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: JK

Lisa loves Pooh
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
NM
:sad2:

Miss Kelly
06-22-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry you feel the need to cheat the system in order to see a great movie.

rach2674
06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I stayed til the end, but not sure if I know what you're talking about. Can you PM me and tell me?

Rachel

aka-mad4themouse
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Let's not allow this thread to turn into a debate over morals. Could we please limit responses to how much we liked or disliked the movie? Your friendly neighborhood moderators would appreciate it.

mom2my3kids
06-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Loved the movie, we went as a family the 5 of us. Paid 50.00 bucks by the time we bought popcorn and drinks. My youngest would only stay half way and started wanting to go to the game room. So we went to the car (air-conditioned) while the rest finished. I cant wait for it to come out so I can finish watching it..

Laurajean1014
06-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I loved this movie. Saw it twice in two days (yes, I paid my way).

I thought Owen did a terrific job as Lightning McQueen. I also loved Luigi and Mater.

It's worth every penny you spend, to see the movie.

Missy1961
06-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Let's not allow this thread to turn into a debate over morals. Could we please limit responses to how much we liked or disliked the movie? Your friendly neighborhood moderators would appreciate it.

Well, then the OP could have just said "I saw Cars today. I really liked it." Maybe she wanted us to debate it. ;)

cynjam
06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I finally saw Cars today. It was at the local Drive-in for two weeks, but it rained every night I was able to go, so I took the kids to the "walk-in" this afternoon. I thought it was very cute. The room wasn't packed so we sat behind a group already seated, so as not to block anyone else's view. They got up as soon as the movie was over, before credits started. :lmao:
Boy did they miss the best part! I always like to stay till the screen goes black, especially with Pixar films. We were the last ones out. Even the employees were in there sweeping and cleaning up when we left. I don't care! I paid to see the movie, I'm gonna watch it all!! popcorn::

of the seas
06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
I thought it was the cutest movie I have seen in a long time!! I loved it!!

6ofus2
06-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I was off from work today, so I thought I would pop in cars and watch it here at the house :happytv: and I have to say that is one of the best movies disney has come out with!
anyone agree?

I agree that it is a cute movie. I disagree that it's one of the best, they're almost all the best IMHO.

Now as for your siggie WWMD? Well, Mickey wouldn't cheat the company that created him by purchasing illegal copies of their newest movies, that's for sure!

monymony3471
06-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Just got back from the theatre. My kids loved it. I thought it was pretty good too. I guess I missed the surprise at the end. But I thought what we did stay for was the end. Hmmm? Credits were still going. We saw the bit mid way through the credits. You mean there was more?

I should have known...... :confused3

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Now as for your siggie WWMD? Well, Mickey wouldn't cheat the company that created him by purchasing illegal copies of their newest movies, that's for sure!

who said I purchased it? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, then the OP could have just said "I saw Cars today. I really liked it." Maybe she wanted us to debate it. ;)

:rotfl: Nope, don't think so ....not once did I start anything with anyone, but I do think it's funny how grown adults act on these boards.. :rotfl2:

ohiominnie
06-25-2006, 08:01 AM
:rotfl: Nope, don't think so ....not once did I start anything with anyone, but I do think it's funny how grown adults act on these boards.. :rotfl2:

Also funny how grown adults act in their own homes. :rolleyes:

Someone at my dh's work once gave him a movie (blank DVD) and said "You've got to see this...it's a great movie." He asked what it was and they said "just check it out.....oh, and it's ok for the kids to see."

We popped it in that night and started to watch an OBVIOUSLY bootlegged copy of Finding Nemo (it had only been at the theaters for about 2 weeks and yes, we had already paid to see it at the theater) Our movie viewing that night lasted all of 2 mintues. We took it out, explained to the kids that this was NOT legal and we would NOT be participating.

Besides not having to watch a crappy quality DVD we also taught the kids an important lesson that night.

If the movie theater prices (admission and popcorn) are too much for some, they should wait until the movie comes to REAL DVD. IMHO.

tatooed goofy
06-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Took my nephew who is 3 to see Cars. He loved it. Made my DD12 and DD10 come too. I think they liked the humor and such more than him. They keep repeating some of the lines and it has been over a week. TOO FUNNY!!! It is cute and one of the best in awhile in MHO. :thumbsup2

maxiesmom
06-25-2006, 08:48 AM
I loved it! My sister, who loathes NASCAR, hated it. Wow, I am so suprised! :rolleyes:

I remember when we were little our parents taking us for drives. No dvd players, no radio, just looking out the window. Man, do I feel old!

PaulDavid's mom
06-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't agree with the way the OP viewed the movie, but I took my 4 year old to see it the first night it came out. We LOVED it. My son especally loved it cause his daddy races cars at our local speedway and his car is red too. :thumbsup2 It's definetly worth buying when it comes out on DVD.

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Also funny how grown adults act in their own homes. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:
Here we go again, :rotfl: just stay with the subject and answer the question in the origional post please......thank you!

Miss Kelly
06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
:rotfl2:
Here we go again, :rotfl: just stay with the subject and answer the question in the origional post please......thank you!

I don't understand what is funny about this situation? :confused3 The movie, yes. :thumbsup2 You? Not so much. :smokin:

moulds
06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
They movie is totally awesome.

gottaluvdis
06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Saw it yesterday at the theater with DD9 and Grammy. Very cute, well done and much better than I expected. Definitely worth buying on DVD when it comes out. Our showing was packed, and so was the one right after ours, so it seems to be doing well around here. It is one of the few animated movies that really needs to be seen on the big screen. We went to a place with digital surround sound and a digital screen that was awesome, especially during the racing scenes. I'm sure many of the nuances were lost by viewing it bootleg, but to each his/her own I guess.

WatchinCaptKangaroo
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Bootlegged DVDs is one of the main sources of terrorist funding.

Great movie. Really funny. I didn't leave it feeling like I lost brain cells.

4greatboys
06-25-2006, 08:17 PM

that is correct except the "maybe" part, lol. OP must be bored today and wanted to see what they could stir up :stir:

Missy1961
06-25-2006, 08:30 PM

I don't think a lot of people realize that.

AdventurerKat
06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Couldn't get a boot-legged copy of Pirates 2 yet, huh? :rolleyes:

Yardbird
06-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Couldn't get a boot-legged copy of Pirates 2 yet, huh? :rolleyes:

Saving that one for next week. ;)

PooohBear
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
WWMD..... this is in your siggy, Mickey would be very disappointed in you Tiffany :sad2:

PaulDavid's mom
06-25-2006, 09:51 PM

I didn't realize that! You learn something new everyday. Maybe if more people knew that, they would think twice about buying bootlegged movies. Atleast I would hope so.

dchance01
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey, I have a really dumb question. How is a boot legged DVD made, and where do people get them? NOT planning to do either...make one or buy one...just curious! Am I the only one who didn't even know this was a possibility? (Feeling kind of dumb here!!)

LVSWL
06-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I agree that it is a cute movie. I disagree that it's one of the best, they're almost all the best IMHO.

:thumbsup2

WatchinCaptKangaroo
06-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey, I have a really dumb question. How is a boot legged DVD made, and where do people get them? NOT planning to do either...make one or buy one...just curious! Am I the only one who didn't even know this was a possibility? (Feeling kind of dumb here!!)

The old skool way was sneaking a video camera into the theater.

WatchinCaptKangaroo
06-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I didn't realize that! You learn something new everyday. Maybe if more people knew that, they would think twice about buying bootlegged movies. Atleast I would hope so.

Unfortunately people who think the rules don't apply to them won't care that they are helping terrorists around the world. Their sense of entitlement is much to high to even consider following the rules of general society. It's all about them, their wants, their needs and what they want and the fact that they want it now. Their self-image is such that they are so important that they can do whatever they want regardless of the impact it has on anyone else.

Makes me sad really. :sad2:

meloneyb21
06-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I am so sorry, but I just HAAAAAAd to post. I tried not to.......When Tinkerbell Tiffany wrote that she "popped in Cars" at home, I'm sure it wasn't to tick anyone off that she was watching a bootleg. She just happened to write it and maybe it slipped her mind to say "I SAW Cars today." I think she forgot to come on here and lie so that she could impress some people she'll probably never see nor does she have to answer to......This is really unbelievable..... :rotfl: This has to be a joke.

Number 1, she's grown. Number 2, she was in her OWN home. Number 3, she did not offend or hurt anybody in the process......Oh, Ok, so the little 5 or 10 dollars she spent buying Cars on bootleg is going to fund a terroristic catastrophy? So if she never bought that movie, that's going to stop a terrorist from committing a horrendous act against the US?.....

Everyone has their own opinion, but yall act like she killed somebody.

My goodness, I don't mean to be insensitive, but some people on here need to lighten up and gain a sense of reality in todays world....Excuse her for wanting to see Cars so much that she bought a cheap bootleg copy instead of waiting to spend 27.99 on the real thing. That only proves that she'll get back to WDW much quicker because she knows how to budget :thumbsup2 .

Darn, I thought she asked what yall thought of the MOVIE, not what yall thought of her BUYING a bootleg.

smellyann
06-25-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry, I can't answer her question. I'm too busy boosting wifi internet off the neighbors, funneling gas out of their cars, trying to hook up to their cable and using their hose to water my flowers. Nothing wrong with that, right? I'm trying to get to WDW that much quicker.

WatchinCaptKangaroo
06-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Number 1, she's grown. Number 2, she was in her OWN home. Number 3, she did not offend or hurt anybody in the process..

You forgot #4 - It's stealing. But maybe it's because it's stealing from a multi-billion dollar industry it's ok?

I don't feel like paying for my gas anymore. I think I'll just take it from the Exxon next time. After all they are a multi-billion dollar industry and gas is mighty expensive, it's ok right?

Oh, Ok, so the little 5 or 10 dollars she spent buying Cars on bootleg is going to fund a terroristic catastrophy? So if she never bought that movie, that's going to stop a terrorist from committing a horrendous act against the US?.....

If everyone stopped buying bootlegged DVDs then yes, horrendus acts against various places in the world would slow. They would have to get their funding elsewhere.

Everyone has their own opinion, but yall act like she killed somebody.

Why not ask the friends and loved ones of those who have been killed via terrorist attacks how they feel about that statement? Buying bootlegged DVDs is supporting terrorism.

bettyann29
06-25-2006, 11:41 PM

Didnt know how they were made.. or that it was terrorist related.. but a guy at my work was making bootleg copies of tons of movies.. he was sending emails out to people to buy them and he was doing this for quite some time.. Our emails are monitored and the IT dept came across them and HR investigated and called the FBI.. In the end he was fired.. the FBI investigated him, confiscated his computer and investigated everyone that bought from him up there.. quite a few people were fired.. Someone up there knew him and told us that the FBI went after him.. Dont know what ever happened to him or anyone that bought from him.. But that alone would scare me into never buying one.. To me its just not worth it.. I'll pay $20 for a new release when it comes out and if I want to see it before then, than I will go to the movies at matinee or wait till it hits the dollar movies..

BTW.. Me and kiddos will be going to the matinee next weekend to see it..

meloneyb21
06-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Maybe yall should spend more time donating to a charity or something that YOU would help further the cause for instead of flaming at somebody for doing what they want to do, when they want to do it, and HOW they want to do it.

If everyone stopped buying bootlegged DVDs then yes, horrendus acts against various places in the world would slow. They would have to get their funding elsewhere.

Write it on a piece of paper, copy it, and send one to all 299 million Americans in this country. THEN we'll see a change......but flaming one person on the DISBOARDS will not help any.

Why not ask the friends and loved ones of those who have been killed via terrorist attacks how they feel about that statement? Buying bootlegged DVDs is supporting terrorism.

Excuse me for buying Mulan 2 for $5 from a guy that I know who needs the money to support his family as opposed to buying the 27.99 version to support Disney in their quest to build a new ride :thumbsup2 .......weeeeeee......and I will not sit here and debate why or why not this or that person was killed because I spent $5 on a bootleg.

That's crazy. You have your opinion and I have mine, but I know where to stop. The lady was asking a question about what we thought about the movie and it turned into something more serious than it had to be.
When push comes to shove, if I want to wait for the DVD to come out, I will. If I want to buy a bootleg, I will. I'm grown and I'll do whatever I want. Just like the rest of the world.

meloneyb21
06-26-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry, I can't answer her question. I'm too busy boosting wifi internet off the neighbors, funneling gas out of their cars, trying to hook up to their cable and using their hose to water my flowers. Nothing wrong with that, right? I'm trying to get to WDW that much quicker.

What? Who said anything about that? You do what you do. If that's what you want to do than the more power to ya. Who am I to judge? You're the one that'll get caught, not me :rolleyes: To each his own.

meloneyb21
06-26-2006, 12:24 AM

This guy I know has a tremendous DVD collection and he burns the ones he already owns and sells them. Since they are burnt, they are very clear and concise. Perfect, as if you bought the movie itself.....I don't even know if people still take video cameras in the movies. Do they STILL do that?

DizParks
06-26-2006, 01:05 AM
How do you know she bought it? Maybe she downloaded it and burned it to a DVD herself for free.

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-26-2006, 01:21 AM
well it's not anyone's business really but no I do not buy them.....I buy my own cd's which I buy legally at wal-mart and I do it myself.
I do not sell them to anyone they are for my personal use. as long as I can download them on the net I will! and nobody on these boards can stop me!
you all are very childish! it's easy to talk behind a computer isn't it??
I bet you wouldn't say it to my face............. LMAO!!!!

JennaTX
06-26-2006, 01:46 AM
well it's not anyone's business really but no I do not buy them.....I buy my own cd's which I buy legally at wal-mart and I do it myself.
I do not sell them to anyone they are for my personal use. as long as I can download them on the net I will! and nobody on these boards can stop me!
you all are very childish! it's easy to talk behind a computer isn't it??
I bet you wouldn't say it to my face............. LMAO!!!!
!

I have no problem saying that you are wrong to your face!

And since you cannot afford to take your kids to the movies why are you asking about spending $140 for tickets to MNSSHP on another thread that you started?

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-26-2006, 01:52 AM
how do you know what I can and can't afford? HUH? and again none of your business!
I probably have more money than you.

but if I chose to do it and watch from the comfort of my own home I will!

BethR
06-26-2006, 01:53 AM
OK. I thought that we could keep this thread from turning into this. I was wrong.

This thread is closed.