PDA

View Full Version : Palm beach > Lion Country Safari?

mkymouse4ever
06-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Wondering if this is too far for a day trip? Worth going to? What was your experience? Thanks, mky princess:

Evil Queen
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
It's about 3 hours south of WDW.

We haven't been in YEARS, but I heard they made many improvements.

The lions are now not as free to roam up to someone's car though. They still have them, but they are prohibited from roaming onto the car trail.

Timon4224
06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Unless you are planning to do other things in the West Palm area, I would say it is not worth the day trip. I used to live in west palm and have been a couple times, but it is out of the way for a day trip. I would recommend Cape Canaveral or Dahli museum in the Tampa area for a day trip. Each are about or under an hours drive.

mamalle
06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
we live here in plam beach county and it is WORTH it! we have season passes now due too all the improvements. let me tell you its like animal kingdom there. granted the lions are not free to come right up to your car for safety reasons but everything else just about does! there is a great waterpark area, ferris wheel, cute baby giraffee feeding area. there is alot to do. you can bring in lunch without a issue and have a picnic. It truly is one of our kids favorite places to visit!

here is the website:

http://www.lioncountrysafari.com/

mamaminnie
06-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I live in Palm Beach county too and we hold APs to Lion Country Safari and I'd say it is not worth the 6 hours in the car round trip.

It is a very cute park, but not worth the drive. If you are ever closer to PBC, check it out.

kilee
06-23-2006, 09:26 AM
I've never been, but I think someone made a good point, that will be 6hrs round trip. We've done the "lion safari's" elsewhere. While they've all been cute, I don't think any were 6 hrs cute.

anewvance
06-23-2006, 03:08 PM
We haven't been in a few years... since they made the improvements. But now you all have me wanting to take the kids! I think we'll wait until school is back in and it gets a little cooler though.

For a 6 hour round trip drive... I don't think it would be worth it if you are already experiancing Animal Kingdom. If you are looking for day trips, maybe Tampa for Busch Gardens?