PDA

View Full Version : King Suite

wldmtnflr
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I am having trouble finding a nice king suite with separate bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living area. Several hotels list king suite but they don't mention if there is a separate bedroom. I have an 8 year old son so if there is someplace that is also kid friendly that would be a plus.

Can anyone recommend one that is within a few minutes drive of WDW?

TIA

mmlovers90
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
We just stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. It was exactly what you are looking for. We were about 5 minutes north of DTD. The room we got had a King Sized bed in a separate bedroom with a door that closed. The only problem with it, the bathroom was only accessible thru the bedroom. But we had a nice sized kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes,m utensils, etc. There was a small table with two chairs, a very large desk, and a sectional sofa with a full sleeper in it. There is a decent pool and hot tub. Also included in the rate is a very nice full hot breakfast buffet each day. And on Monday - Thursday nights they have a manager's reception which I think included alcohol (can't say for sure since we don't drink). On Thursday night they grill hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and had all the fixings. It was a great room and hotel and we would DEFINITELY stay there again. Oh, and they had free high speed internet service (and wireless) in the rooms, although it was very slow. And they rented movies for the VCRs for $5 a night. Great location, very close to Disney. We had a pool side room and could hear the pool, it was not very loud, but if it is a problem, bring a sound machine (I always travel with one). HTH!

spiceycat
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
you might also consider Cypress Pointe

www.hotelkingdom.com

Buenva Vista is nice too -
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/bvsuites/index.htm#hm-Buena

so is sheraton vistana
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/sheraton/vistana/index.html#hm-svr-info

courage
06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Hotelkingdom.com has a few 1 bedroom condo places that have pull out sofas. The Wyndham on International drive has some rooms with a sofa but you have to request them. The comfort Inn at Sand Lake road has sofas in the King rooms. (close to Universal area)
I have a story I have to share:
We have one child and this was always a problem for us - when my son was about 7, my husband and I began to argue about who had to sleep with him when we went to hotels! He sleeps sideways!
SO we went to the coleman store and I bought a double twin air bed that sits up high for about $30 bucks. The pump was about 20.00 - it blows up in about 15 seconds and is very easy to fold back up because it has a reverse pump that takes the air back out. It has saved us a lot of arguments and I can book a hotel anywhere and we are comfortable. My son is 12 now, weighs about 120 pounds and the bed still works great.

Andrea_loves_Disney
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I've been singing praises lately for the Doubletree Suites DTD...BIG rooms, comfy king bed, queen size sofa bed....lots of space. 2 TVs too! I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Good luck! :wave:

Dopey Sharon
06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Caribe Royale has a separate living room with sofa bed also.

kilee
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Did you check out Cypress Pointe, usually Hotelkingdom has some great rates.

Gillian
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
I believe that at Cypress pointe you need a 2 BR to get a king bed. Nice place though. :)

wldmtnflr
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
We just stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. It was exactly what you are looking for. We were about 5 minutes north of DTD. The room we got had a King Sized bed in a separate bedroom with a door that closed. The only problem with it, the bathroom was only accessible thru the bedroom. But we had a nice sized kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes,m utensils, etc. There was a small table with two chairs, a very large desk, and a sectional sofa with a full sleeper in it. There is a decent pool and hot tub. Also included in the rate is a very nice full hot breakfast buffet each day. And on Monday - Thursday nights they have a manager's reception which I think included alcohol (can't say for sure since we don't drink). On Thursday night they grill hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and had all the fixings. It was a great room and hotel and we would DEFINITELY stay there again. Oh, and they had free high speed internet service (and wireless) in the rooms, although it was very slow. And they rented movies for the VCRs for $5 a night. Great location, very close to Disney. We had a pool side room and could hear the pool, it was not very loud, but if it is a problem, bring a sound machine (I always travel with one). HTH!

This sounds really nice. I will have to check it out. Thanks for all the detailed info.

wldmtnflr
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Did you check out Cypress Pointe, usually Hotelkingdom has some great rates.
I am checking it out now. Thanks.

horseshowmom
06-28-2006, 06:29 PM
You might also check out the Embassy Suites LBV. I haven't stayed there, but I have stayed at the two on International Drive, and they both had the king in a separate bedroom with the free hot breakfast. The ES-LBV is probably the same.