PDA

View Full Version : Pickup rental cars late a problem?

sljhummingbird
04-29-2001, 12:59 AM
I am coming in late to WDW (10:30 p.m. or later depending on delays) and want to pick up a rental car. How do I know if I order a car through the internet that the counter will actually be open when I get there? I don't usually rent cars at WDW so I'm not familiar with the airport rentals. If they're open 24x7 that would answer my question. Also, do I have to consider WHICH rental car companies stay open later than others?

pats
04-29-2001, 11:02 AM
Im pretty sure the ones in the terminals are open 24 hours. Im not sure of the site, but if you search for the orlando inter. airport, they have a site and you can check which rentals are in their. Im renting with national, i know they are in the terminal. I think budget and avis are to, but i am not certain.

travelcoupons
04-29-2001, 01:41 PM
This link shows you which are onsite and which are not:
http://fcn.state.fl.us/goaa/ops/rac.htm

I know for a fact that:
Avis is open 24/7
Dollar is open 24/7
I would assume National and Budget are also. I've rented at 11:30 PM in Tampa and all the car rental counters were open.

seagull
04-30-2001, 12:08 AM
Alamo is also open late and their shuttles are also running. My son just used them three weeks ago and did not arrive at MCO till after midnight. I would guess all the car rental agenices are open 24/7 as flights do arrive around the clock.

sljhummingbird
04-30-2001, 01:38 PM
I've had problems at much smaller airports before when the city closes down 10:00 p.m. but I didn't think I'd have that kind of problem in Orlando. Thanks, I'll check out the airport website! Thanks for link!