PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty or Budget?

caribbound
06-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Are there any codes or coupons for these places? They are consisitantly the cheapest car rentals without entering codes and so much so that it doesn't seem my entertainment coupons come close to closing the gap especially since it's a 10 day rental in Jan. I'd really appreciate it though if anyone can help me save a few more bucks pointing me in the direction of discounts for one of their sites, or if any feedback/past experience with them.

We have two families of 5. I love my mini-van here, but don't want to spend the extra $100 compared to a x-large car (Taurus type I think, maybe that's mid-large). Do you think we'll be ok without the vans?
Thanks

lenzs4
06-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I used the rental codes on www.mousesavers.com for an 8 day rental last week and I got a Ford Explorer for $135 for the entire trip while in TN (Budget).
I also check www.RentalCodes.com to see what they have available.
With the codes, budget usually is cheapest for us - although nothing so far for us for our trip in Oct.

Luckily, with rental cars you can book and cancel or modify with no penalty so we book early and watch and wait for the deals!

Shirley